Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs. Saints

The battle of two former Goodwin sides, hopefully we'll fare better than we have in recent weeks, or indeed against them.  Above us in the league and with a game in hand. Really need to try and break this rotten run of form. Interesting to see what if any influence BR et al have on the squad in such a short space of time.  Hopefully it'll be better than the standard of football he seemed to encourage (McInnes ball) last time round. Has there been any word of whether Besuijen will stay now, or is he definitely offski?

Our form against them is all over the shop, after being fairly steady for a number of years. I would like to think Pollock goes straight into the starting XI, it's not like he'd be disrupting anything positive.

Out
Bed
Work
Work
1-1, Miovski

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

I would like to think Pollock goes straight into the starting XI,

I think he'll have to as Scales will be suspended. Interestingly, even though he's right footed, he appears to have been playing mostly LCB. Now that might be a David Bates situation in that he had to to fill in, or he's genuinely comfortable there. So it could be a Stewart-Pollock partnership.

Personally, would rather see Pollock-Mackenzie, get the young lad back in the team and try and develop him. Stewart is a bag of nerves just now.

Would drop Ramadani too. Works hard but ball distribution has been a big factor in many of the recent results.

Lewis (or new GK if signed)

McCrorie Pollock Mackenzie Coulson

Barron Shinnie

Roberts Myslovic Hayes

Duk

48 minutes ago, Panda said:

I think he'll have to as Scales will be suspended. Interestingly, even though he's right footed, he appears to have been playing mostly LCB. Now that might be a David Bates situation in that he had to to fill in, or he's genuinely comfortable there. So it could be a Stewart-Pollock partnership.

Personally, would rather see Pollock-Mackenzie, get the young lad back in the team and try and develop him. Stewart is a bag of nerves just now.

Would drop Ramadani too. Works hard but ball distribution has been a big factor in many of the recent results.

Lewis (or new GK if signed)

McCrorie Pollock Mackenzie Coulson

Barron Shinnie

Roberts Myslovic Hayes

Duk

Agree with all this. I'd switch Duk for Miovski though, he's been a detriment to the team since the last win (whereas Miovski seems to just lack confidence and direction). Coulson only gets his place because it's a terrible idea to play anybody else there.

Expect Stewart to play with Pollock in the middle of defence with McKenzie at left back. No idea if we will have keeper in on time but Lewis will maybe now get the finger out that Goodwin’s away. I would also drop Lopes to the bench as him starting does not seem to be working. Need to win this to keep us close to European places. Cannot afford another season not playing in Europe. 

Oot

work 

tv

home

1-1 Hayes

Robson's last match as manager, the 1-1 draw with St Johnstone following Glass's sacking, was a 4-2-3-1. Mackenzie at left back, Barron sat deep alongside Brown, Kennedy played wide right with Hayes wide left. Though in the second half it formed into more of a 4-4-2.

So, trying to guess how he'll line up tonight, will he go 4-2-3-1 again? He has to start both central defenders I think as Stewart gone and Scales suspended.

Gorter

McCrorie MacDonald Pollock Mackenzie

Barron Shinnie

Roberts Myslovic Hayes

Duk

I'd be happy with that. Markanday doesn't appear to have played a lot of football. Neither has Roberts mind you, but I maybe wouldn't start too many new signings at once. 

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Gorter

McCrorie MacDonald Pollock Mackenzie

Barron Shinnie

Roberts Myslovic Hayes

Duk

Is Clarkson dead/injured/resigned? He's our best player by some stretch at the moment. Otherwise, looks decent. I'm a bit wary of throwing the new lad in on his wrong foot for his first game, but needs must. Maybe Robson will give Coulson another chance and play McKenzie in left centre.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 11:29, RicoS321 said:

Agree with all this. 

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Is Clarkson dead/injured/resigned? He's our best player by some stretch at the moment. Otherwise, looks decent. .

You agreed with dropping Clarkson a few days ago min.

Just think we may as well see what the new boy has to offer, plus Clarkson been off it past few games.

50 minutes ago, Panda said:

You agreed with dropping Clarkson a few days ago min.

Just think we may as well see what the new boy has to offer, plus Clarkson been off it past few games.

That's because I didn't read your post correctly! Clarkson has been dicked about, playing deep, then high, then deep again, often switching during the game. He has one role, and that's behind the front one or two. His through balls are just top class. I think we keep him in and ease the new lad in for the remainder of the season with sub appearances and cover for that single role too. He doesn't look quite good enough from what I've seen so far, but he definitely has some interesting qualities and I can see why we signed him.

Shinnie back as captain ❤️ 

No Mackenzie in squad, Coulson on bench. So could be Hayes (or Shinnie) at LB, or a three at the back with Kennedy & Hayes as wing backs.

Edit: Just noticed no place for the new Ajax goalkeeper. Perhaps still an immigration registration issue there.

Edited by Panda

8 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

And mccrorie straight red after 7 mins?!?!?

It was harsh, it looked like Dunne has put his arm up to block him and McCrorie was putting his up to shove it out of the way and caught Dunne with his elbow.

But, bit of naivety from McCrorie. A more experienced player would have ran into the arm and won a foul outside the box. McCrorie gets himself sent off.

It never rains but it pours eh?

Edited by Panda

Shinnie being a better captain than Stewart will surprise no-one, but was a moment there after he got fouled and a few players lost their head (Ramadani booked in amongst it), and he got 7 or 8 players in a huddle and roared instructions at them.

He's also in the referee's face screaming for every decision.

I fucking love that man.

St Mirren should be winning though, have missed three sitters.

Ramadani having a poor game and with the yellow card I'd replace him at half-time.