Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

County vs Dons

The stats are not very favourable for county this season. Whatever the racists’ style of play is, it’s not translating onto the pitch, or maybe it is. 

Our record isn’t great there, and it would be great to build on recent performances. Despite the first half being atrocious midweek, progression is what mattered and we did get a few goals in the end. County got pumped in the cup and pumped by the huns last weekend. Obviously they were justified in their grievances, but malky is a racist, so fuck him. 

Play like we do against 10 men, we should be fine. But we seem to be slow starters so I’d like to see that change. 

out

bed

bed

bed

2-0 dons, Miovski and Stewart 

Just in. Sore one to take at the end. Neither side was particularly great.We were probably the more likely,but can't remember more than a couple of shots on target.

Easy to say now,but I was calling for Duk to be brought on earlier.We needed his energy to try and get thru County.Miovski struggled on his own.Could be a good foil for each other in future though

Thought our link up play/movement up front was what let us down today,hopefully something that will come together as we go on,as long as we can stay in the mix,and keep the boo boys at bay til then

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 1

A disappointing end to a game in  which we struggled all day in the final third due to a generally atrocious final ball. When we scored with 3 minutes remaining that really should have been it but as I've been saying all season, we are a team which cannot defend. 

Only saw second half as chopped a branch off a tree which turned out to be the tree…

Thankfully no neighbours killed 😎

Duc’s goal was a thing of beauty. Boys already a cult hero. Haven’t had one of them for a long time. 

MalKKKy MacKKKAy’s tactic is clearly don’t concede, and use those bombs of long throws as additional set pieces. 

Sore one but bet we won’t be the only ones to lose points in Dingwall this season. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

I'm raging Duncan wasn't brought on at all.  He would have been far more effective than Morris. 

We used to get this under McInnes too. Substandard signings playing ahead of youth because you've signed them and either need to keep them happy or need to prove to your own ego that it was a good signing. McLennan won a penalty in his first game for Saints yesterday, showing that you can be both pish and occasionally useful. I don't think Morris has even that value yet. He's at the level of Samuels and Parker (Josh) or Monakana. Like those, I'm struggling to see any avenue open to improve him as a player. He's probably as fast and strong as he's likely to get. Either way, he's not going to benefit from game time, he needs focused training and investment on the training ground before we should be seeing him again. Duncan is entirely different, in that he needs game time to get him used to playing against powerful adults, and develop his physique, applying his already obvious abilities at a different level. You can see clearly how he can improve over time and leave us with a very good first team player. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Richardson is utter pish 

Can't really disagree but he looks to me like someone who's never really been coached properly. That moment where Besuijen fell over and the ball was sitting in our penalty area for about 3-4 seconds while Richardson casually jogged towards it was like the kind of thing you see in amateur football.

It's like watching someone who is never really sure what their job is supposed to be and is just trying to wing it. 

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

What's with the spoons in our away support?  Running onto the pitch because we've scored against Ross County? 🤨

County finished above us last season, it's not like we're the Tims or Huns celebrating their 89th goal like it's a massive deal. But I do agree, there is no need to be on the pitch. Although maybe they just wanted to touch Duk's pex. As long as it doesn't escalate into regular full scale pitch invasions then it's fine. I suspect grounds like County are going to see it a lot, whenever this a decent sized away support in town.

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

What's with the spoons in our away support?  Running onto the pitch because we've scored against Ross County? 🤨

Perhaps they are the kids of the muppets who jumped onto the pitch at Caley in 2006 when Lovell scored late on to ensure a place in the top 6?

Edited by tom_widdows