Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

20 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Could you imagine McInnes ever signing an Albanian Internationalist? 

If this is supposed to be sarcasm forgive me. But Florian Kamberi was an Albanian International, which is why I'll reserve my judgement on this guy. Not really a position we need filling either. 

19 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

If this is supposed to be sarcasm forgive me. But Florian Kamberi was an Albanian International, which is why I'll reserve my judgement on this guy. Not really a position we need filling either. 

Yes, I was just getting in first with all the "jokes": foreigner so must be good, only turning up for a month (ramadan) and McInnes would never sign an Albanian.

In terms of the position not needing filled, I assume that Ferguson will leave and McRorie might play right back (or be hounded out for being a dirty hun). Polvara looked okay in the remaining games, but it was difficult to tell whether he'll be dynamic enough to cut it (might even turn into a centre half, had the touch of the Arneson about him). Suffice to say that we need a very good central midfielder to replace Ferguson, as we don't have one already (Barron aside).

• Like 1

On 30/05/2022 at 10:30, DantheDon said:

Not really a position we need filling either. 

We need a ball winner in the middle of the park if McCrorie is playing right-back and Ferguson leaving.

No idea if this fella is a ball winner right enough.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

I guess we could do a lot worse but is that really a name that is going to excite the fans as Goodwin has said ?

Not in his own right, but could you imagine if we were doing a swap deal for Gallagher? That would excite me a lot.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Not in his own right, but could you imagine if we were doing a swap deal for Gallagher? That would excite me a lot.

I would endorse this deal wholeheartedly.

As I would any deal that got shot of Gallagher. 

Scott Allan been released by Hibs. I know Goodwin was very close to signing him for St Mirren, although not sure he fits into Goodwin's "young and energetic" mantra now considering he hasn't completed a 90 minutes all season. Shame, five years ago he was a fantastic player but has had no luck with his health, what with diabetes then his heart problems.

Probably Kilmarnock bound - he sounds like the type of player McInnes will take a punt on.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Scott Allan been released by Hibs. I know Goodwin was very close to signing him for St Mirren, although not sure he fits into Goodwin's "young and energetic" mantra now considering he hasn't completed a 90 minutes all season. Shame, five years ago he was a fantastic player but has had no luck with his health, what with diabetes then his heart problems.

Probably Kilmarnock bound - he sounds like the type of player McInnes will take a punt on.

No No and thrice No.

As you say five or six years ago it would have been yes but definitely not now.

In addition to his health issues, does he not have attitude issues or am I just imagining that 🤔

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

No No and thrice No.

As you say five or six years ago it would have been yes but definitely not now.

In addition to his health issues, does he not have attitude issues or am I just imagining that 🤔

Hadn’t heard that. Undoubtedly highly skilled but he shouldn’t really be playing football anymore. Shame for him. 

£350,000 price tag for Charles Dunne. Hopefully that puts that one to bed and we move on to someone else.

Graeme Shinnie available on a free. Dunno if he would want a move back to Scotland yet, but if there's even a small chance of signing him then 100% we should be in there. That would sort out who should be captain next season.

Although, with this Ramadani signing, that might rule that one out as he's a DM. 

Shinnie is a no-brainer if he’s available. Should fit in with the Albanian chap if we mirror our best midfield 3 in recent years.

Ramadani can fill the Ryan Jack role, Shinnie can fill the Graeme Shinnie role and Ferguson/replacement can do the Kenny McLean role.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Shinnie is a no-brainer if he’s available. Should fit in with the Albanian chap if we mirror our best midfield 3 in recent years.

Ramadani can fill the Ryan Jack role, Shinnie can fill the Graeme Shinnie role and Ferguson/replacement can do the Kenny McLean role.

Harsh on Barron! I'd also have Shinnie back of course. Barron capable of playing alongside two others.

2 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Liam Scales loan with option to buy from Celtic, similar to the mccrorie deal perhaps. Left sides defender. Anyone got the scoop??

I see he signed a 4 year deal at Celtic last year. There seems to be talk that the lad is very promising so It would surprise me if they are trying to get rid of the lad so soon.  If It's just your normal bog standard loan, well, fuck that.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Liam Scales loan with option to buy from Celtic, similar to the mccrorie deal perhaps. Left sides defender. Anyone got the scoop??

Supposed to be a very good defender. His current deal I'm guessing was agreed pre postecoglu, so perhaps he doesn't think he's going to make it with them. Means rearranging our team each time we play them unfortunately, but if the option to buy is there, that'd be good.

However, I'm starting to get the feeling Jim significantly underestimates what it takes to get the fans excited. Unless he was just trolling us, or tricking me into renewing my season ticket.

• Like 1

As I have said before the only loans we should be involved in (emergency loans aside) should be try before you buy type deals. No way we should be developing players for other clubs especially either of the bigots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Supposed to be a very good defender. His current deal I'm guessing was agreed pre postecoglu, so perhaps he doesn't think he's going to make it with them. Means rearranging our team each time we play them unfortunately, but if the option to buy is there, that'd be good.

However, I'm starting to get the feeling Jim significantly underestimates what it takes to get the fans excited. Unless he was just trolling us, or tricking me into renewing my season ticket.

42 minutes ago, Jute said:

As I have said before the only loans we should be involved in (emergency loans) should be try before you buy type deals. No way we should be developing players for other clubs especially either of the bigots. 

Nothing in either of your posts I would disagree with.

All fine and good taking a loan deal from a league outwith our own but fuck this for a game of soldiers.