Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Livi

Have a feeling that this will be one of many make or break games this season.  Lose and it'll be hard to deny we're not in a bit of shit. It's incredibly tight from top to bottom, but we're definitely in the latter half. Results go against us and we could be second bottom on the weekend.

Hoping to catch some of this, although doubt it'll be on Youtube like the tims game was or some of the others earlier in the season.  How long is mackenzie out for? We need something positive.

Out
Bed
Bed
Work
1-1, Ramirez

This is a game we simply must win as we cannot get dragged into a relegation battle. I do not think we have players or management to survive a relegation battle. Hopefully no additional injuries as squad in depleted already. 

Oot

Work

Taking daughter to dance class

Walking back from picking up daughter from dance class.

2-1 Ramirez and Hedges

I've just been for a walk. It's fucking freezing. This is where I don't get the whole "you can't have more teams in the league, it'll reduce the number of fixtures" nonsense. Games like tonight are a complete chore to attend and we'll end up with a shite crowd. Just ditch winter midweek fixtures, they're fucking awful.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Is it match day?!? The love really is going for this team. Thread is silent

Twofold answer to that, which kind of involves Rico's comment too.

Bored with this team, not excited for games, similar feeling to the latter years of McInnes. Willing to still give Glass a chance but he hasn't gotten any breaks. Saying that, everyone questioned whether he was the right man for the job, plus his signings for the most part haven't worked out. Injuries certainly haven't helped, but when we have no flair or creativity in the team we will struggle. Christie, Maddison, and McGinn in their day all brought magic that entertained, required defenders attention, created chances and goals, and created space for others. Hedges isn't as good as the aforementioned three but he can help on his day, and certainly Ramsey can, but a legit winger and #10 have to be a priority in the January window.....which is a shit window for signings. Agree with the previous comment/thread about dumping players but that's tough too given our injuries.

Bored with the league, same old same old year after year, including shit games and shit weather. We need summer football. Would love a 16 team league, old style league cup with home and away two leg ties, or scrap the league cup altogether and add a cup with teams from Ireland and Wales. It's stale in my eyes. Rangers and Celtic will dominate and we'll fight for the scraps, I need to see change to inspire.

2-1 tonight, Ferguson and Ramirez.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

A whole hour without any greeting

Incredible.

Indeed.   Here's an unpopular opinion for you folks, jet had key involvement in pretty much every attack of note we made in that game.  I'm not saying he doesn't frustrate but when he gets it right he creates chances. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Indeed.   Here's an unpopular opinion for you folks, jet had key involvement in pretty much every attack of note we made in that game.  I'm not saying he doesn't frustrate but when he gets it right he creates chances. 

Jet is not a bad player. He’s skilled and creative. But he’s not the brightest and not hard working. With the right players around him he can produce. But if we expect the work rate of Marley Watkins and the brain of (insert smart player here) that’s not happening. If we’re a bottom 6 team fighting for survival he’s not in my 11. Luxury we can’t afford there. 

from what I saw tonight, we were solid and livi were gash. Once they went down to 10 there was only one winner. I also thought we were sloppy and a sharp/confident on form Aberdeen wins by 4 or 5 tonight. Good game for jet to look good.

On 29/11/2021 at 22:25, Panda said:

If you want some extra spending money over Christmas, Aberdeen -1 is 5/2 and -2 is 7/1.

We're going to pump them. I can feel it.

Aberdeen -1, telt you. Maybe didn't quite get the pumping but by all accounts it appears we were unlucky not to score more.

I didn't actually watch the game as was on St Mirren v Ross County, the second St Mirren game in a row I've watched, and ahead of Saturday's game against them I'd say they've been hugely unlucky in both games.

Tough game coming at the weekend which makes the three points tonight all the more important. 

Tidy enough in the first half,could have pushed a bit for more goals second half,but glad of the win.Pleased for Bates having a decent game.Wasnt overly taxed by Livi,but confidence done no harm.Jet was a mixture of sloppy and good.

Tougher game this weekend,think we can step it up a bit from tonight though

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Fantastic, must be our first result against a bottom six side in a fair while?  Saw both goals and Bates' finish was tidy.  Please let this be the confidence booster they really needed.

Think it's seven points we've picked up against bottom six sides this season - six of them against Livingston... (the other being a draw with Ross County). 

21 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Tidy enough in the first half,could have pushed a bit for more goals second half,but glad of the win.Pleased for Bates having a decent game.Wasnt overly taxed by Livi,but confidence done no harm.Jet was a mixture of sloppy and good.

Tougher game this weekend,think we can step it up a bit from tonight though

Whilst I acknowledge livi were a bit off it I was really pleased for bates tonight after some of the stick he's taken.  Looked very solid and moved the ball forward well.  We might have played a different back line yet again but bates and Mcrorie are starting to look they are building up an understanding after playing a few together at cb.  Fingers crossed anyway cos we really need to tighten up at the back

Ojo whilst wasting a few attacking opportunities didn't do too bad at rb 2bf, does anyone know how long Ramsey is out for?  

12 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Whilst I acknowledge livi were a bit off it I was really pleased for bates tonight after some of the stick he's taken.  Looked very solid and moved the ball forward well.  We might have played a different back line yet again but bates and Mcrorie are starting to look they are building up an understanding after playing a few together at cb.  Fingers crossed anyway cos we really need to tighten up at the back

Ojo whilst wasting a few attacking opportunities didn't do too bad at rb 2bf, does anyone know how long Ramsey is out for?  

Believe early this month but I couldn’t see an actual timeframe from glass. Just that he didn’t want to put pressure on him

• Like 1