Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Livi

Decent game tonight, glad I went. We played well and dominated the game. They were relegation material. Ojo probably the only weak link tonight (offensively, he wasn't troubled in defence), but still better than Gurr. Agree with tlg that Bates was good tonight, he's significantly better than McRorie in that left centre half role. McRorie had a couple of unnecessary ropey moments too, but was generally quick enough to recover. Ferguson, Hayes, Hedges all played well alongside Bates too. Jet worked hard tonight, his movement was very good left to right. Against weaker opposition, where tracking back isn't as important (although he was okay at that tonight) it's a really useful outlet to have. It draws players out giving us far more space in behind and in the final third more generally. In better conditions, I could see us getting more from him too, it's difficult to pull off one touch control and flicks in a windy, wet night, but he was fine and deserves a place against st mirren. Overall, a good team performance, which should see us beat the Paisley minks on Saturday.

Only saw the first half and last couple of minutes of 2nd but from what I saw we were clearly the better team with Hedges and Ferguson the best for us. Bates had his best game for us but does go over easy for a big man. Not as impressed with Emmanuel Thomas as others seem to be. Thought his touch was erratic and for every good one there were 2 or 3 bad ones. He will struggle against better teams. Only caveat to last night is Livingston were shite and in two games we have played them they have looked easily the worst team in the league.