Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

2 minutes ago, Jute said:

Article suggests Hearts want to offer Anderson a deal so got to assume they are wiling to pay the compensation. 

Should add that this is the Record so is probably a heap of shit.

Scott Burns is better than most, in fact he’s the only decent journalist that writes for that hun rag. 

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Being linked with a right back from our American overlords who is currently surplus to requirements as behind the right back we loaned them as he was not good enough for us. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/jack-gurr-aberdeen-radar-stephen-24128997.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Everything about this guy’s background suggests he’s pish. He’s 3rd choice right back in a team that features Jake Mulraney in the first 11. He’s 25 and has played a total of 1 single first team professional matches in his career. Most of his “professional” experience seems to consist of a single season playing for a reserve team managed by one Stephen Glass.

So in a way I’m happy to sign him as it will be a very early indicator of what Glass is all about. If this guy signs as a starting RB and is completely out of his depth, we can reasonably infer that Glass is either a terrible judge of player or a stooge for some pan-Atlantic soccer franchise experiment (or both). If he’s actually good then that’s obviously a better outcome.

4 hours ago, Slim said:

The Sun is linking us with Jackson Irvine. In same article, Martin Boyle has a £500k buyout clause in his contract. Must be worth testing the waters at that kind of money. 

Boyle is a Dons supporter as well. I'm sure he has plenty of admirers with how he's been doing the last few seasons for hibs, but would be worth making an approach. 

7 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Boyle is a Dons supporter as well. I'm sure he has plenty of admirers with how he's been doing the last few seasons for hibs, but would be worth making an approach. 

Sell McCrorie if there’s interest.

Sign Jackson Irvine as his replacement on a free, & use the £1m or whatever from McCrorie to offer for Boyle & a no1 centre forward. 

Highly unlikely I know 

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Three years deal

Good luck to the lad

Don't think he was good enough for us.

Take it we have waived the compensation we were due ?

Given he was with us since he was 11 that would be a decent sum so surely not.

1 hour ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Sell McCrorie if there’s interest.

Sign Jackson Irvine as his replacement on a free, & use the £1m or whatever from McCrorie to offer for Boyle & a no1 centre forward. 

Highly unlikely I know 

Was a fan of Irvine and wanted us to go for him before he went south. Not sure where he fits in if we keep McRorie and Ferguson, but I think there's a good chance we sell Ferguson this summer. Also njot sure where we see McRorie playing, defense, midfield.......

15 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Was a fan of Irvine and wanted us to go for him before he went south. Not sure where he fits in if we keep McRorie and Ferguson, but I think there's a good chance we sell Ferguson this summer. Also njot sure where we see McRorie playing, defense, midfield.......

I’ve given you the solution in my post ?

6 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Wouldn’t be averse to that happening tbh. ABC Australia had him on their grandstand podcast recently, came across really well. They were loving have two aussies playing with each other. We’d get a bit of interest over there if we signed either / both.

4 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Yes you did! I though McRorie was excellent pre Covid and would like to see him kept and in center mid. Wouldn’t mind him alongside Brown with a proper #10 (which we haven’t had since Christie) ahead of them.

I think Ferguson is at the same point McKenna was at when we knocked back big money for him. New team and new manager, who knows how this plays out for Ferguson so if we’re offered good money we should take it. 

A lot of negativity around Glass and now the new signings. I’m willing to be optimistic. Jet, Brown, and Gallagher are a good start, think all 3 are solid additions. Irvine would be a good add too, and willing to embrace Robertson if he’s coming too.

Saying this, it is the flair players that matter to me most and we honestly need at least one winger and a #10. McLennan and Kennedy aren’t good enough and Hayes is on the decline. Mcginn is done. Hedges thrived alongside wright and needs creative players to play off. We do need these type of players for Jet to be effective too in my mind. Boyle would be a good addition but to me it’s these players that need to be signed that will have the biggest impact.

Just had a look at wiki, as thought JET might have been a left over McInnes target (still may be). Thought he might have signed him for Bristol City, but appears JET signed for both ourselves and Brizzle within a few months of McInnes getting punted. 

Meh. McKenna did exactly the same but still continued to play well for us. He'll be doing what his agent tells him is best to do. He's got a long time left on his deal so we hold the cards and can hold out for a good offer. Run his course here so a good offer will hopefully be forthcoming.