Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.... did I mention before, we must try and sign Christie from Celtic. :thumbsup:

I take it they never did offer Christie the new deal that the press were on about while he was with us...just around the time his form dipped if I remember correctly. Pricks.

Wilson injured his knee in 2016 and has only played 2 first team games since while on loan at Sheffield United according to soccerbase. As Manc says not the signing to excite the fans.

Not interested in whether his name or Wiki pages excites the fans, I'm interested in whether he scores and produces goals.

Interesting signing. If he scores bags of goals then i guess its a good one. But its a stop gap really. Next season he wont be here and if he keeps young Bruce Anderson out of the team it wont help us going forward.

Alternatively training alongside the likes of Wilson might help Anderson develop.

Just saying like. Obviously we'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

One thing is for certain we don't have a weaker squad as a result of this.

Alternatively training alongside the likes of Wilson might help Anderson develop.

Just saying like. Obviously we'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

One thing is for certain we don't have a weaker squad as a result of this.

This is how i'd like to view this transfer.  Also, might put a rocket up May's arse. 

Expect May will be the one to suffer from this initially at least. Hope his confidence doesn't suffer as a consequence.

Hear fit your saying TC BUT don'treally think May's confidence is very high as it stands, so not sure how much lower it can sink. As has been said it might just give him the kick up the arse to get his shit together. We can but hope  ;)

Not sure about this one. Specifically the loan element. We've done this quite a few times over the years and many times it hasn't worked. I suspect this is happening due to the various other targets not being available for whatever reason, so it's understandable. This is a massive position for us, and this guy needs to be good - and consistently good. Even players like Maddison dipped in form for us in the time that they were here and still had a lot to learn about the game. At 22, he should be reasonably well up to speed with the professional game though, so it's not completely like we're fattening up someone else's product at the expense of our own. A little bit more experience than Cosgrove and Anderson. Hopefully he'll do the business, although only 2 appearances since January is a little bit worrying for such an important signing.

I think that we still need another midfielder. I'd hold off on getting a defender in and take the risk that we can cope until Hoban and McKenna are back. I think that with Logan only being out for another game will hopefully be something that we can cope with. No sense in wasting our time getting someone for a couple of appearances. Although if a good left back comes out of nowhere then maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing.

He's out of contract next summer, so an outside chance that if he has a good season we'll sign him up permanently.

On 30k a week just now though (Man U picking up the majority of that during the loan) so I wouldn't go getting Wilson on my shirt just yet.

He's out of contract next summer, so an outside chance that if he has a good season we'll sign him up permanently.

On 30k a week just now though (Man U picking up the majority of that during the loan) so I wouldn't go getting Wilson on my shirt just yet.

I think the £30k/week puts the chances of us getting him on a permanent contract at precisely 0%. Obviously he ain't getting a new contract at Man U but if he does well at us he will get a Championship club no problem on £15k/week easily. Even if he doesn't do well with us he will get a League 1 club on northwards of £7k/week.

That's the reason I'm not getting over excited about this signing. He's a short term solution to a problem we are going to be revisiting next summer.

Depends on the boys attitude.

He will either see this as a way to put himself in the shop window over the course of the season or he'll mope about how his career has gone from "promising youngster" to "serial loanee" over his time at Man Utd.

We have had a fair few players over the years that only ever pulled their fingers out of their arse in their last contracted season, so let's hope this is the springboard for Wilson to go on a goal scoring frenzy.

I’d rather take the loan option for a year than spend £200k signing our 6th/7th choice striker on a 3 year deal. We’ve now got 12 months to plan for the long term solution.

He should be at least as good as any of the League 1/2 strikers we’ve been linked with.