Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

I'm quite intrigued by the 'no lose at any cost'  talk.  Do you think this is why in Europe from twelve home legs we've drawn seven??  Is it just me or were FC Groningen, FK Shkendija, HNK Rijeka, Kairat Almaty, NK Maribor, Siroki Brijeg all beatable??

Not sure of the relevance there. Europe is all about getting through, and you're ignoring a few cracking away wins out of that lot.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Events may prove me wrong but I'd be fairly certain that, other than an outside chance of the Huns and probably Celtic, Mulumbu will be back at Killie if he stays in Scotland. He only came up here due to his connection to Clarke and can't see him signing for us, Hibs etc rather than Killie if he doesn't get any better offers elsewhere.

Hope this helps clarify. I suppose I mean inspirational or exciting foreign signing. Subjective I know. I don't mean anyone from Britain or Ireland, and I don't mean the foreigners who float around the lower leagues and non league of England like Josh Parker or Calvin Zola.

Arneson was exciting first time around but not the second to me. He'd been here before and was a known 34/35 year old. Cerny was at Thistle, the recent defender Nowak had been at Hearts.

Gilhaus, Zero, Bisconti, Stavrum, I mentioned Ferne Snoyl on loan from Feyenoord, Peter Kjaer, Snelders. Even Van der Ven. Van Der Ark was wank, so was Solberg, so it's not all great, but they brought intrigue/excitement. Nicholas Fabiano was a dud if I recall, but was on loan from or had just been released from PSG. All of these created some enthusiasm.

While Mulumbu was at Killie he was a class above them and only came up here because of his EPL experience with Clarke. Quality player that would bring positivity and a bit of enthusiasm.

I'm just sick of trolling the lower English leagues. I think that's lazy and we could do better. I know foreign doesn't guarantee success either. We paid 20k for Cosgrove, could we have found someone better for that money using connections we have all over the world? Perhaps. Could we have spunked the 400k Stevie May money elsewhere? I think our club is being narrow minded.

Markus Heikkinen was another example of a quality signing from abroad. Thought he was class actually, and if memory serves me right, Calderwood eventually realised this as well but by the time he did, it was too late, Heikkinen had decided to move on.

Interesting to note, he still plays! Thought he'd have long retired, but approaching 40 and still playing, although, only played 39 times since 2016.

I know it's been alluded too earlier in the thread, but I noticed that Ryan Christie was left out of Celtic's squad yet again when they lost to AEK.

I am fairly certain he played some pre-season games for which I assume Brenda was having a look at him, well he's now been left out of a few squads. Should we be asking the question of bringing him here on a permanent basis instead of a loan this time?

The fee would really depend on how long he's got left on his contract, his willingness to come here & his wage demands. Think he showed enough to suggest he's clearly a good enough player, despite his form deteriorating after Christmas last season. Or, should we move on from Christie, see how Forrester gets on in that role & focus on other areas of the pitch. 

I think he'd be a great signing on a permanent deal. He faded last season, and I thought he struggled to develop a good playing relationship with McGinn for some reason, but I think that he's still a good player with the ability to pull something from nowhere.

He is on £7.5k/week at the dhims. There is just no way we can get close to matching that. I think he will sit tight and sign for a lower end Championship club in January on at least equivalent wages. Coming here if he got the bog standard £3.5k/week he would lose over £600k over the length of a 3 year contract. Even if we pushed the boat out and went to £5k/week he would still lose nearly £400k. Not including better win bonuses. It just won't be happening...

He is on £7.5k/week at the dhims. There is just no way we can get close to matching that. I think he will sit tight and sign for a lower end Championship club in January on at least equivalent wages. Coming here if he got the bog standard £3.5k/week he would lose over £600k over the length of a 3 year contract. Even if we pushed the boat out and went to £5k/week he would still lose nearly £400k. Not including better win bonuses. It just won't be happening...

He's out of contract in May. If the tims let him go then we pay a signing on fee of £100K and offer him £3K per week.

What was GMS on at the Tims before he came to us last summer? Similar scenario, no?

All widely reported at the time of their signings. Hayes is on £6k/week. Of course it could be bullshit but the press can get access to company accounts detailing who gets paid what fairly easily so on this one I trust their info.

I was all for signing Christie earlier in the year till I found out his wages. I stick to my assertation. He won't be joining us anytime soon unless he is prepared to take a big old hit in the pocket. He can get at very least an equivalent paying contract that he is on now at a Barnsley or similar......

Allan is doable. I was certain he was Hivs bound but apparently not. 

All widely reported at the time of their signings. Hayes is on £6k/week. Of course it could be bullshit but the press can get access to company accounts detailing who gets paid what fairly easily so on this one I trust their info.

I'd very much hope they can't.

They could possibly get fed info by agents, but I'd take that with a huge pinch of salt.