Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Summer Transfer chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More talk of Ryan Gauld on Twitter.

Apparently both us and Hibs are interested, Hibs want him on a loan deal, we want a permanent one.

That rumour has been ongoing for a while now.Rubbish I would imagine 

We need defenders and a striker.

Any more injuries or suspensions and we are in a bit of bother

Never let it be said the Hat doesn't provide good value entertainment.....

Next up on our signing quest is.......Isaac Success from Watford. Supposedly in talks with Aston Villa about a loan move but if it falls through we are the back up option....

His Wiki is worth a read  :rofl:

We’ve all seem McGinn GMS and Wright play well, McGinn being the only one I’ve seen on a consistent run of form. However, bar the first month of his return he’s been hit or miss, or injured. I’d take Gauld in a heartbeat, send Wright to Ayr United or the likes. I do agree GMS has started the season reasonably well and hope his form and confidence continues.

Watched the interview with McInnes on RedTV there, he has confirmed that Hoban is out for a month. As everyone is aware, McKenna is at the very least a month, likelihood that it's longer, Reynolds is long term & obviously Logan still has 2 games left of his suspension, I reckon we will see Nowak get a 6 month deal or possibly until the end of the season, that's if he hasn't signed elsewhere.

Watched the interview with McInnes on RedTV there, he has confirmed that Hoban is out for a month. As everyone is aware, McKenna is at the very least a month, likelihood that it's longer, Reynolds is long term & obviously Logan still has 2 games left of his suspension, I reckon we will see Nowak get a 6 month deal or possibly until the end of the season, that's if he hasn't signed elsewhere.

Pretty sure Nowak went on trial elsewhere.

I don't think lack of funds is the problem here?

I don't believe so either, I think we have went in for numerous targets and for one reason or another, lost out. Part of me knew deep down though, as is looking to be the case, that McInnes would wait for English window to close then make a move for a couple of loans. Wouldn't be surprised to see a loan addition or two today that was probably pre-arranged. The guy that said we are looking at Odouha is the same guy that said last week, maybe 2 weeks ago, that we have offered Gabby Agbonlahor a 1 year contract, given that he's a free, I doubt we'd have waited this long before announcing it, therefore I have my doubts over both. To be fair though, he did call the Tony Watt was always signing for St Johnstone correctly, and he maintains that Scott Wright will be going to Partick on loan, although that would only leave us with 2 wide players.

If Wright is definitely going to Partick then the Gauld rumour would make sense. However Hibs are now flush with cash and I believe could now top the terms we could offer plus would be more likely to give him a regular starting spot, certainly initially anyway.

Agbonlahor? No thanks. He is the epitome of a player who made too much cash early in his career and now really doesn't give a shit about his performance

I believe gauld is an aberdeen supporter having been born here. So that may work in our favour. Also hed be nearer his family.

It's quite widely known he is indeed a Dandy but Edinburgh is also a lot closer to his family than Lisbon is. He's one that represents a huge risk as for whatever reason his early potential just hasn't been realised. Perhaps it is homesickness....or maybe he just isn't really affa good. If it comes to pass he will get my full support but if he goes to Hibs then I won't be overly concerned

Is it just me that's concerned that we're going into the season with Ball as a starter every week in midfield (perhaps Hoban will replace him I suppose)? He's been okay in midfield (especially in the Burnley games) but he is lacking in the "comfortable on the ball" department. Gauld would be a good replacement for Christie, but I don't see him replacing the need for Ball in midfield.

Edit: Is it Diamond? That'd be interesting....