Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

0-0 at half time. Not created much. As TLG says moving the ball far too slowly when in possession. Set piece looks like only way we will score. Plus side we have only really given them the one opportunity. Going to be long 45 playing like this though. Might have to get another tin from the fridge. 

1 minute ago, tlg1903 said:

Hard to say for sure as no replay was conclusive but it's soft as hell best I can tell. They should have had one earlier though and are well worth the lead 

Neither incidents were penalties. Haaland has spent most of game throwing himself to floor. Clarke looking to lose by bringing Cooper on. 

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

I am stunned. Did not see that coming at all. Went mental when subs were made. Just shows why I am not a football manager. Fantastic result and we will now have to monumentally fuck up not to make Germany now. 

I’ll agree with you if we beat Georgia. No clue how we won that.

That was some result today. Honking performance for most of the match, albeit against a half decent side on their own turf. Can't believe how long it took to make the changes, but they certainly had an impact. I'd expect to see Gilmour (poor man's Clarkson) back in against Georgia, we need a player moving the ball at pace. Loved the second goal, was really well worked. It'd have been so easy for mctominay to take an extra few touches but he just launched it straight in, and a lovely layoff from Dykes (who had a terrible 80 minutes) and a great finish from McLean who always turns up and gives his best for Scotland even when he's not getting regular minutes. Robertson probably the outstanding performer tonight, with few other notable performances for the first 80. Dykes must love coming to internationals. Two more wins is pretty much all we need. Hugely impressive.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Al will be able to tell us about the last time we managed this.

Two down to them inside twenty minutes but three second half goals including a 90th minute winner from Celtic's defender James McLean saw Scotland emerge victorious and as a result win the Home International Championship.

Mind it like yesterday 

• Haha 3

Tuesday is a really intriguing banana skin game. Georgia have had decent results over the last couple of years, plus obviously drew with Norway and won in Cyprus. No pushovers. We’re not the most creative of teams and rely on counter attack, much like us dons. I think we’ll struggle assuming they sit in and let us have more of the ball. Really need an early goal to open it up a little but, especially with the emotion of yesterdays win, a big effort is required and we need to be really up for this. We didn’t play that well yesterday and it’s a very different game where we’re expected to be the aggressor, I wish I had unwavering confidence. 

unlikely but I’d start Gilmour in the middle of mcginn and mctom  instead of mcgregor. Play Christie at 10 in a freee roaming role behind dykes and really encourage hickey and Robertson to get forward and give us width. Hope Robertson is fit, when he went down in Norway I feared the worst.

We really lack creativity, very reliant on mcginn and Christie. Is it 3 years of playing in a country before you can play for the national team?? I cannot remember but I thought I heard that a few years ago when discussing joe Lewis. Two more years and add clarkson’s flair in there??!!

Edited by OrlandoDon

Starting to get well nervous about this one.  I watched a fair bit of Napoli last season and kvaratskhelia was well worth the hype he got from the global press. Add to that Georgia being on good form with 1 defeat in 15 and I don't think there's any banana skin about this game 2bh, this would be a tough match for most international teams.  

It does feel really fucking weird that I'm feeling positive anyway though and looking forward to seeing how Scotland deal with the challenge.