Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

20 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Thought he had already been capped at full international level by Engerlund 🤔

Guess if he was, then it couldn't have been a full international ?

FIFA have changed the rules and now you can switch country if you have been capped 3 or less times by another country. 

Barnes has only one cap so can switch if he wants as he has Scottish grandparents. 

I am not a fan of this at all. Should have stuck to rule where once a player was capped by a country he could not shift. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

So you are assuming we’ll lose and dent the confidence. What if we draw or win? We’re on an excellent run, why not approach these games with confidence, they are friendlies too so we have nothing to lose. I sense the chemistry in the squad is terrific, and they have the mentality to go at England at hampden, who knows what happens in Spain and France, it’s all part of our evolution. Good squad can still get better.

I was being sarcastic based on recent posts on this thread.

For the record, I don't think we should give up a place at Euro 2024 in order to preserve our unbeaten run.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jute said:

MI am not a fan of this at all. Should have stuck to rule where once a player was capped by a country he could not shift. 

I don't mind the rule, people should be allowed to change, but I do think there should be a limit on the grandparent rule. Say a maximum of two in your squad.

We could have Barnes, Anderson and Adams all using that rule. I think that's a bit of an overkill. 

5 hours ago, manc_don said:

Wasn't able to watch the game live, but that was some goal. McTominay I think it was, was unlucky in the second half, decent effort coming off the post. Looked like a good coherent performance, fucking love it.

What pleased me most was how comfortable and controlled a performance it was. Just not used to watching Scotland like that. 

I will be in Sevilla next month so can guarantee the wheels will come off then. 

• Like 1

Ah well, not unsurprising, a step too far. Zero shots on target, one goal is a good stat. Nobody died, which was the main thing. Bellingham is probably the best English player I've ever seen. They've had some good strikers over the years, but I don't remember a properly world class player for them. He's very good.

14 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Ah well, not unsurprising, a step too far. Zero shots on target, one goal is a good stat. Nobody died, which was the main thing. Bellingham is probably the best English player I've ever seen. They've had some good strikers over the years, but I don't remember a properly world class player for them. He's very good.

Said to my pal tonight he will captain them to a trophy. 

12 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye (grudgingly).

• Like 1

Honestly think this result may benefit us. All the over reaction to nearly qualifying and our run / record has people thinking we’re better than we are. Yesterday showed that. Think the humbling experience is good prep for the remaining 3 fixtures, we have to get our tactics spot on and players need to be grounded and at their best. No mistakes. We’re a blue collar hard working team with limitations, including our manager who may have god his tactics wrong yesterday. I think this is a good opportunity to reflect and take stock rather than our unrealistic feelings of going to Spain to beat them 5-0.

A lot has been made of this result and as much as we dislike England, it was still a friendly.  We are horrendous at playing friendly fixtures and always have been and there was just not the same intensity in our play on Tuesday night as there would have been if there was actually something on the line to play for.  If that had been a competitive game we would have been kicking players up in the air.   

In contrast, if you look at England's results, they are fantastic in friendlies and seem to thrive on getting results in meaningless games.  They always have done.  Part of the reason for that is maybe because of the competition for places in their team meaning that the players need to put on a performance to show the manager they are worthy of a place.

The hype about Bellingham is ridiculous.  We have seen it all before with the likes of Dele Ali, Ross Barkley and Jaydon Sancho.  Let's see how good he is in four or five years.  To be fair, we made Marcus Rashford look like Lionel Messi the other night. 

• 3 weeks later...