Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presume he must have passed a rigorous medical. A bit of a punt but a fit May will no doubt be an asset. Welcome aboard loon...

Presume any move for Moult will now be dead, maybe gambling on getting him on a pre contract in January but I suspect someone (sevco??) might fire in a cash bid this window and scupper us

Good stuff. That'll put the strikers thread to bed for a few weeks. There was no way Deek wasn't seeing what we all were. Shame he couldn't have got him in a few weeks ago, but understandable with PNE situation. Potentially good business. Should go straight in as he'll be fit.

Rather we get rid of Stockley

If we had got Moult in I'd agree with you. But May is similar in style to Storey, although not as fast, but better touch and finisher. So its bye bye Storey though we will no doubt either have to give him a pay off or subsidise his wages if he goes on loan.

Stockley will have a limited role to play, he gives us a different option as a sub though it's hard to see him ever getting a start now unless we get totally ravaged by injuries. He will probably go in the January window to a League 2 or Conference side....

I don't agree that Reynolds has lost his pace, I'd say that's nonsense (these things will be tested and worked on in training every day and McInnes would base his thinking on this data Reynolds is only 30, ye dinna lose huge amounts of pace at that age). He's still one of the fastest central defenders in the league. Also, I don't remember Considine being "exploited" once last night because of lack of pace. His positioning and strength make up for it. I think both are more than adequate for our purposes in the SPFL. Agreed about Harvie, but I think it's important that guys like that are the first backup in order to get them opportunities. If we're still in Europe, I'd agree with you, but we're nae, so I don't see the point in clogging up our first team squad with more players at this stage unless we look to offload Reynolds. Striker is far more important, because our first team options are simply inadequate. However, if we were unwilling to up our bid to sign Moult prior being knocked out of Europe, then I struggle to see the validity in upping it now.

I've got to be perfectly honest here and say that big Andy is the weakest link. Not quite sure how you come to the conclusion that his positional play is good, he drifts inside so often leaving a huge hole and he doesn't have the legs to recover quickly enough.

Put it another way if I was an opposition manager guess who I'd be attacking for 90 minutes.

He tries and can do a job against Hamilton and the like but any team with an ounce of flair, skill or pace will take him to the cleaners.

Presume he must have passed a rigorous medical. A bit of a punt but a fit May will no doubt be an asset. Welcome aboard loon...

Pretty much my thoughts.

Given his well documented injury we must have really put him through it to have the confidence to pay 400 large ones and give him a four year deal.

Got to be a bit of a risk in this, but it could turn out to be a brilliant signing.

Welcome on board Stevie :thumbsup:

A punt that will hopefully pay off. Very rare we're linked with a player for so long and actually sign him. Can only think of Lee Miller in recent times? I think I'd have preferred moult purely on recent form but potentially a very shrewd move. Welcome aboard!

The good thing about him is that we don't have to amend our style of play to suit him. He'll slot nicely into the Rooney position. That gives us direct competition for Rooney and a chance to get him fit and scoring too, rather than trying to play him into form when he's off the boil.

We have one striker role, we should be looking at two good strikers and a youth team backup. We need to ship one of Storey, Stockley or Maynard shortly and look to promote Mclennan or someone else fae the youths as bench-sitter. It would seem a much better way to control our playing budget.

A punt that will hopefully pay off. Very rare we're linked with a player for so long and actually sign him. Can only think of Lee Miller in recent times? I think I'd have preferred moult purely on recent form but potentially a very shrewd move. Welcome aboard!

Aye but every step of that was played out publicly. And we were Lee Miller's 127th choice.

I'm delighted to see him sign! Rooney, Maynard and May will give us plenty of competition up front. Stockley and Storey should be punted. I'm a bit disappointed for Storey, because I think he is decent and Stockley does give us the direct option. But 5 strikers is too many.

Our attacking options for this season are promising!