Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not dead

Saw suggested elsewhere that Motherwell are looking for a similar fee to the one they got for Johnson last year which was £650k. Cannot see us paying that much so they would need to drop that for a deal to be done. Depends on if they are prepared to let him leave for nothing.We may need to hold on to closer until the end of the window to see if they will reduce what they are looking for.

Given the silence over his signing, I'd say that this would appear like a distinct possibility

Was excited about prospect of signing him when the news first broke, not so much now however as it has dragged and dragged.

I actually thought we signed GMS instead of Maloney. Is there a quote from DM saying he'll pursue someone else with Maloney no longer an option??

We've got Stewart, GMS, Wright and Christie all very capable of the wide role, plus Stewart, Christie and McLean can all play behind the forward. I dont think we need another creative mid or wide player, I see that hurting Wrights development.

Had time overnight to reflect on that performance last night. I think it's patently obvious that even teams from 2000 miles away can see Consi's lack of pace at left back is an easy option to exploit. It's something we have got away with for a couple of years at SPFL level ( except against the Dhims) but I now think its time the problem was addressed properly.

Shinnie was supposed to be that solution but is now obvious McInnes sees him pretty much exclusively as a midfielder. Now I'm hoping we get Moult in by early next week ( along with either Storey or Stockley out) but once that one is over the line surely to God we must be looking at getting a proper left back in place. Hopefully young Harvie will develop into a first team player in the next 12-24 months till then there has to be a relatively cheap option somewhere in the lower leagues in Britain that would do a job for us. It would also have the benefit of us then being able to shift Consi into central defence to replace Reynolds who just isnt physical enough to play there these days and whose main attribute which offset that lack of physicality ( his pace) has sadly disappeared..

I don't agree that Reynolds has lost his pace, I'd say that's nonsense (these things will be tested and worked on in training every day and McInnes would base his thinking on this data Reynolds is only 30, ye dinna lose huge amounts of pace at that age). He's still one of the fastest central defenders in the league. Also, I don't remember Considine being "exploited" once last night because of lack of pace. His positioning and strength make up for it. I think both are more than adequate for our purposes in the SPFL. Agreed about Harvie, but I think it's important that guys like that are the first backup in order to get them opportunities. If we're still in Europe, I'd agree with you, but we're nae, so I don't see the point in clogging up our first team squad with more players at this stage unless we look to offload Reynolds. Striker is far more important, because our first team options are simply inadequate. However, if we were unwilling to up our bid to sign Moult prior being knocked out of Europe, then I struggle to see the validity in upping it now.

I think Rooney's good enough to score enough goals to get us to 2nd/3rd in the league. If Motherwell are wanting £500k for Moult, I don't think he adds £500k worth of value to our team between now and when we can get him on a free. We do need Rooney to stay fit though.