Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

You have to wonder with Arneson. We signed him right before the Siroki away game which was July 20 so the guy has been here over a month. Is that not enough time to get fit? We needed at least one central defender to replace big Ash - don't see the decision being to sign Arneson as back up to Reynolds/O'Connor and the fact that we just saw OConnor and Considine in the middle, something is wrong in my eyes...

Maybe he's just nae as good as everyone thought. A couple of great goals aside he wasn't that reliable when he was here first time around. I actually didn't think he'd be McInnes' type of player so was surprised when he signed. Swans about a lot and holds onto the ball for far too long. However, it could just be that O'Connor's had no reason to be dropped yet? I don't think Arneson is going to cover the left side, nor do I think O'Connor will, so I suspect it's either Arneson and O'Connor and there's been no good reason to hook O'Connor.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a class act.

I give you he was shite against Hamilton, it was difficult to believe what I was seeing.

I think everyone just expected that he would replace O'Connor and there is definitely an argument that says O'Connor doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Did they try that bloody awful 3 at the back shite again on Saturday?

If so, then with the usual results defensively.

Astounding that they didn't try it with Arnason in the team though.

No it was definitely a back 4 with Shinnie at left back. And as has been said before he really didn't look too good there, his awful attempt at a pass into midfield led directly to their first goal. And as Deek has said, there was a distinct lack of height in the team that cost us at the 2nd and 3rd goals, but they went into the game knowing this. Got away with it in the end but a similar selection against fartz could see us totally outmuscled.....I expect to see Consi back at left back and either Arnason or Reynolds in beside AOC.

Daily Rhebel saying McInnes wants to sign another defender before the window shuts. Probably a load of pony but if as expected Stockley joins Exeter there should be a wage free that can be utilised.

I actually wondered if Stoke would be looking to send Harry Souttar out on loan for the season but seeing as he wasnt even a regular in the dabs team before he went there probably isn't quite ready for our level, maybe Kilmarnock or the likes would be interested.

According to some on twitter, we are due just over £100k after Reading agreed to sign Aluko for £7.5m from Fulham. Mental considering he was free last season.

Sounds fake. We didn't sell him to Fulham so why would they owe us and why 100k, random number??

It doesnt

The rules have been in place for some time now, all players sold for fees have percentages of said fee trickled down as solidarity payments to all clubs who had them on their books between ages 16-23 for their development. Matters not a jot how often they are sold. So we get around £112k based on the 7.5 million fee quoted.

Tragically Sevco will also get a slice although as it was actually oldco he played for it will be interesting to see if the liquidator grabs this.....

It doesnt

The rules have been in place for some time now, all players sold for fees have percentages of said fee trickled down as solidarity payments to all clubs who had them on their books between ages 16-23 for their development. Matters not a jot how often they are sold. So we get around £112k based on the 7.5 million fee quoted.

Tragically Sevco will also get a slice although as it was actually oldco he played for it will be interesting to see if the liquidator grabs this.....

Well, that's a bit of luck. Sell Stockley plus 112k and a few more pennies for a half decent central defender!

Aye, McLennan reminds me of Shankland a few years back. Bigger than most at his age group and at that stage where he can either kick on and be very good or nae make it. He seems to have a bit more mobility though and I reckon he could turn into a decent player. It's a shame we can't get them at a slightly higher level than either of those two, but at least they're close by and will get regular game time.

Noticeable that Harvie hasn't gone out again. Hopefully he'll start to push for a place from the bench.

If you mean Lewis Macleod? Naw the hun that left sevco a couple of seasons back to join that footballing colossus Brentford....and promptly fecked his knee IIRC. Hardly kicked a ball since.....

That's the one TC.

Rumours on twatter that he is on his way to us ::)

Regarding MacLeod, IF ,and obviously it's a big if, he does indeed sign, surely it would Shinnie going back to LB? We don't need McLean, Shinnie, Tansey & MacLeod, but I am willing to bet that most now feel Shinnie is naturally a Central Midfielder?

I'm fairly certain we've been linked with MacLeod before, along with Jamie Ness, and to be honest, I can't see it personally, if we're still in the market, it surely has to be some sort of defensive cover. We are heavy in the midfield and forward areas, even if Stockley leaves, seems strange there's been no announcement with him though, should have been completed by now?

Macleod is a right midfielder/right winger. Doubt that would mean Shinnie dropping back. IIRC when he was "starring" for sevco in the Championship against the likes of Raith Rovers and Dumbarton he was doing a similar job for them as PeePaw did for us, albeit he was being hyped by the weegia as the next big thing....

Anyway I'm kind of hoping that Birmingham come back in with bid of 800k(min) for McLean. Far better that than losing him for free to sevco next year. I'd then offer the Dhims 500k for Liam Henderson as his replacement, though if hibs sell McGinn to Forest I suspect they will have exactly the same idea...

Aye, McLennan reminds me of Shankland a few years back. Bigger than most at his age group and at that stage where he can either kick on and be very good or nae make it. He seems to have a bit more mobility though and I reckon he could turn into a decent player. It's a shame we can't get them at a slightly higher level than either of those two, but at least they're close by and will get regular game time.

Noticeable that Harvie hasn't gone out again. Hopefully he'll start to push for a place from the bench.

Brechin are a championship side this season so not going to get him much higher than that