Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky sports news reporting it as undisclosed. There's not a hope in hell that they broke their record for him though. If we got even £30k for him its good business, lets hope we get someone in later using his freed up wage.

That's what their official site has said.

Well have just netted a big chunk of cash from Marvin Johnsons sell-on fee, i can't see them being in any hurry to sell Moult.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41114577

Then again, i didn't think anyone would give us cash for Stockley  ;D

Some fucked up fees going on there. Marvin Johnson was a decent player for Motherwell, but he wisnae even as good as O'Halloran at Saints at the time and certainly couldn't touch Hayes. £3M is fucking nuts and shows the value in including clauses in the contract for pretty much anyone. The market down there is just a different planet and you could get lucky with a player that just fits in down there without causing much of a problem in the SPL.

As for McLeod. A bit meh, but it would rile the huns, so'd be worth it from that point of view. Decent player for them, but nothing spectacular. I mind him being an attacking midfielder though, which means we'd be fairly loaded in that role (cover for Christie against the Tims I suppose). If he's free, then why nae, but it strikes me as agent chat to get the guy a move. Think a fullback, left sided defender are probably priorities unless we're moving Shinnie to left back, in which case we need someone in his aggressive mould to replace him.

Moult would be good like, but surely with May already signed that'd leave us with a very restless bench with 3 very good strikers vying for one position (and Maynard doing whatever Maynard's do).

Shinnie prefers playing in midfield apparently.If there arent any L/B in our range,a defender with authority (pref left sided)would settle the team a bit IMO.

Shinnie could help out Consi at L/B a bit more could he nae,if Andy continues playing there

Edit -  Good business re Stockley,but I think we can/should forget about Moult for now,....unless we get a fee for Rooney.....

Taken from the ever reliable Daily Record -

Aberdeen have failed to land their top deadline-day target and look to have concluded their business for this window.

We told you earlier how Derek McInnes had a player at the top of his list. We say ‘list’ but it comprised just one.

However, they have missed out on the player and are now unlikely to dip back into the market.

Never say never, though!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ben Heneghan, who has just joined Sheffield United, was a target? In any case, I reckon we won't be adding to the squad. Arnason still to make a contribution and I think he'll feature a bit more after the break.

Why would we need any reinforcements when we're top of the league with maximum points!!

Because they've been against teams we should beat and aren't in the top half (possibly harsh on county). Let's see how we do against a traditional top six team before getting too excited. We needed a centre half. Our defence is shite. It's just lucky that we've scored more goals than conceded.

I have to ask what is going on.

We all know we need a decent central defender.

We are top of a decent league and can't attract a defender who has better ability than what we have ?

Are you fucking serious?

We have money in the bank surely.

Disappointed in this window in terms of a defender.

Grateful for the players we have but as Manc says, we have still to play Celtic hearts and the Huns.

Celtic will rip our defence apart.

I wasn't that impressed with Kari the first time round.

Shinnie won't go back to left back.

OConnor and Logan are great but Reynolds isn't good enough.

Reynolds might not be good enough (in you and others' opinion) but when you look around the league there are very few better options. McInnes' best signings have been guys who are known SPL quantities and unfortunately there really aren't that many good centre halves out there who would really improve on Reynolds. We're then left with taking a punt on some down-Souther which can be incredibly risky, especially so late in the window if the scouting hasn't been done. I suspect McInnes will have had one or two in mind but hasn't been able to land one and doesn't think taking a punt on someone he hasn't done the research on isn't a good idea. It has to be weighed up with affecting the morale of others in the squad too and that's not worth it unless it's someone he's sure of. We don't want another Stockley/Storey/Maynard rotting our bench for no good reason. Folks mentioned Davis at County and Heneghan at Well, but neither are particularly inspiring and neither are particularly good ball playing centre halves either. I'd be inclined to stick with Reynolds over either of those two. We need a good upgrade. Reynolds is the weak link in our team probably, but we have to remember that we're way ahead of the teams below us and being a weak link in our team doesn't make average centre backs in other sides any better.