Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone take Anthony Stokes.

A total dickhead of course but brilliant striker on his day.

No thanks from me btw.

would rather take Scott McDonald for a year, harder worker and will score

then sign Moult for free in January

Not a hope in hell would we be interested in Stokes. We have just signed Maynard and Stokes is exactly the same type of striker although probably of a slightly but not hugely better standard. Given the clubs Maynard has been at, although his options may have been limited this time round, he is unlikely to have come to us on any less than 3k per week plus a nice wee signing on fee. By signing Stokes we would effectively chucking around 200k in the bin.

We need to concentrate on getting Moult in. If as rumoured we had 400k rejected and Moult himself has indicated hes interested in coming, Motherwell won't want to lose him for nothing in a year's time. I think they'd snap our hands off for 500k but going to 450k should probably seal the deal. Once he is on board we can look at offloading Stockley.

I'd still take Maloney if he turned out to to be fit - still impressed that he insisted on waiting until he could prove to us he is fine, a rare bit of integrity.  Another player would have just chanced the medical or pocketed the Hull extension on offer.

Agreed, if we can afford Maloney then why not. However, I'm wondering if we are done on the transfer front -

GK - Lewis and Rogers

Def - Logan, OConnor, Reynolds, Arnason, Considine, McKenna, Harvie

Mid - Christie, GMS, Stewart, Shinnie, McLean, Tansey, Storie, Wright

For - Rooney, Stockley, Maynard, Storey

That's a solid 21 and not including some of the younger boys. Pretty much the size of the squad we've had in previous seasons. As much as I want Moult, signing him would make me wonder why we signed Maynard.

That's 21, but we still need to ditch Storie, Storey and Stockley. Getting Moult in would allow us to ditch Storey and Stockley. Storie should just be ditched because St Mirren didn't think he was good enough for them, and it's a shame to keep a youngster hanging on for no good reason.

I don't think we ditch Stockley, he gives us a different approach up top, plus with Ash leaving we don't have the same ariel threat. We can certainly punt Storey and maybe Maloney replaces him, but Moult, Rooney, and Maynard don't offer a significantly different threat, big Jayden does. Don't know what happened with Storie but we haven't seen him in preseason to date, not sure why he's still here.

Some talk over on the Hat ( i know I know) of a 600k deal having been agreed with Murderwell for Moult with either Storey or Stockley thrown in. So I presume this means 500k plus Storey. Or 400k without him  :laughing: :laughing:

;D

Aye the retard were reporting that yesterday, although I didn't click the link on the details of any potential deal.

They just can't help themselves can they. Both that fucknut portugeezer and the weedgie rag that acts as his personal mouthpiece.

Obviously I've not read anything other than this "gossip" snapshot....

"Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha wants two more signings this summer and has hinted that Hearts winger Jamie Walker and Aberdeen midfielder Kenny McLean remain his principal targets. (Sunday Mail)?"