Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Summer transfer window

I'd be interested to see the comparison between injuries and suspensions to centre backs compared to other parts of the pitch. I suspect that would quickly show your concern to be false. We're just as likely, if not more, to have a forward player being hacked down or pulling a hamstring as a defender suffering concussion (when was the last time a dons' centre half was out with concussion?). Injuries occur all over the pitch, so cover is a concern in all areas. Similarly, Stockley was sent off more than our entire defence last season. I'm specifically talking about our first 11 though, not cover. Our defence has not weakened in our first 11, whereas our midfield and forward areas have. Ergo, before we worry about cover, we sort the first team. We need to have enough to beat this mob on Thursday, and our weakened first tram in midfield and attack reduce this chance (I still think we're good enough). Our first team defence is as likely as it was this time last season to get us through the first round. Nothing has changed in that regard other than the fact that we don't have a player to cover the defence in the same way Jack did.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being linked with a permanent deal for Mackay Steven this morning according to Chris McLaughlin - BBC

He does say numbers dont add up though and a deal is very unlikely as it stands.

Report I read this morning said a loan, but I see now that you can only have 1 player on loan from a rival club, which I never realised. You'd think that his wage demands would be too rich for our budget to be honest, but perhaps he's just a loon that wants to play regardless of the money....aye, I doubt that as well!

Think there's a player in O'Connor but not convinced that is as centre-half.  Cover for right-back/holding midfield.  A solid right sided centre-half needed.  A wee bit surprised that we are looking at trialists when management team would surely have identified a list of potential targets knowing Taylor was off?

Can't say overly convinced by Meekings - but falls into our price range and surely would be interested.

You'd hope so.  What happened to his deal with the arabs?

Last I read, it had fell through, the agent shouldering the blame.

Anyone think we will actually sign anyone today? We have up until 7.45pm tonight in order for potential new signing to be eligible for the game tomorrow.

Alluding to that list on EE, Moult, Mackay-Steven & Maloney still the main targets, but it won't be Maloney, McInnes already stated he's weeks away from being match fit, the defender Susac played 2 friendlies now and we have had bids for Moult rejected.

I personally believe the manager wants a winger more than anything just now, will have to wait and see I suppose.

I think he's had more of a success rate than others, but that's not saying much.

Aye KFP, seems to be plenty of defender chat, was that from his presser this afternoon?

The alleged announcement was only posted less than an hour ago, regarding the defender, yes I see McInnes said we need to add another player at the back so you would have to imagine any signing in time for tomorrow, will be just that, a defender.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he's happy to get through the 2 legs vs Siroki with O'Connor & Reynolds at the back then see what's available afterwards.