Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Motherwell (post McGhee)

So Motherwell visit us again on Saturday, fully expect a much changed 'well side following, Y'Know's, removal as manager.  They had a decent away victory to fellow potential relegation candidates, Killie, last weekend so should be fired up and will certainly want to avenge the previous humiliation.

We seem to be dominating teams at the moment but unlike the previous game, unable to turn them into goals.  There is no way it'll be the same result as last time but I expect us to win.  Yes we're missing Jack, but the rest of the team should be more than capable to step up.  Shinnie certainly took the captaincy with both hands last week.  Do we rest Rooney, who despite his apparent poor form, is still our leading goal scorer by some distance?  I'll be interested to see how DM sets up for this one.  I really hope PeePaw ends the season on the high with us.

Out

House

Rugby

Dinner somewhere in town

2-0 dons, Stockley and McGinn

Mcgoo looked like a broken man on his last visit up here.  I think if he was still in charge and we put another few past him it would have pushed him over the edge.

Interesting point about Rooney but I mentioned on another thread that Stockley IMO seems to only really play better when partnered with Rooney, the times he has started as a solo striker he has never impressed me that much.  I say play them both.  We always talk about 'resting' players when they are a bit off-form.  If it is a confidence thing with Rooney we need to stick with him until the goals start flowing again instead of knocking him back to the bench for a bit.

Lewis

Logan-Taylor-O'connor-Considine

Mclean-Shinnie

Hayes-Mcginn

Rooney-Stockley

In

SS SS

Home

3-0 to the mighty reds

In or Oot - Not sure yet,may be up North

Furryboots - SS X if in

Pre/Post - Driving

Prediction - Cant see a repeat thrashing, 3 - 1 Dons Stockley,McGinn,MacLean

See the Merkland is almost sold out,Community trust thing going on.Good to see,looked a bit sparse last w/e

Not seen anything to suggest Stockley would be any good in the loan striker role so if we are to go with the 1 up front it has to be Rooney. Agree with Mondo that if we are to play Stockley then it has to be in partnership with Rooney. McGhee sacking alone should improve Well but we should still have enough to be beating them comfortably.

In

Pub in town

Y

Few beers in town as staying up this weekend

3-0 Rooney, Stockley and McGinn.

Not seen anything to suggest Stockley would be any good in the loan striker role so if we are to go with the 1 up front it has to be Rooney. Agree with Mondo that if we are to play Stockley then it has to be in partnership with Rooney. McGhee sacking alone should improve Well but we should still have enough to be beating them comfortably.

In

Pub in town

Y

Few beers in town as staying up this weekend

3-0 Rooney, Stockley and McGinn.

Cant say Ive noticed what Rooney brings for Stockley.Would someone like McGinn,maybe Storey not be a better foil for Stockley?

Cant say Ive noticed what Rooney brings for Stockley.Would someone like McGinn,maybe Storey not be a better foil for Stockley?

look at what rooney is doing for stockleys equaliser against killie.  I have yet to see a defence that isn't wary of Rooney since his debut.

Oof, that was close, but fair play to the team, we were kicked about the park today by a team who were hell bent on winning a point at any cost and who were anti football all game, they were truly awful, wouldn't be so bad, but I think they have players capable of much better than that, but the good guys came out on top again and deservedly so.

I was shocked to see Pawlett dropped as I thought he had a good game last Sunday and with that pace missing we laboured a bit up front with Rooney and Stockely. We created chances, but the movement was poor and not getting into areas which you would expect thm to. A couple of good shots from McGinn which were well saved and a header from Rooney were the highlights of the first half, but we at least tried to play football.

Second half was all us again but not many clear cut chances and Motherwell frustrated us with their horrible anti football tactics and it was heading for a draw until McGinn popped up at the end which was thoroughly deserved and shows we have much more about us this season, even when the opposition revert to ugly football and kick out players we show a bit more about us and show a fighting spirit which was lacking in earlier seasons, the one who has this more than most is Shinnie, I have serious man love for this guy.

Good to see O'Connor back in the line up today, our best central defender by far, Shinnie was good at LB, but I actually think I prefer him in midfield now.

What to say about that?

Motherwell, ye time wasting, hoofing cunts, ye got what ye deserved.

Kenny McLean, just a wow performance, his crossfield passing is incredible, as is his workrate, I'm absolutely sure that that stubby ginger cunt still wont even call him into his next squad, I think such snubbing should now be a badge of honour for Dons players. [move]Too good to play for Scotland.[/move]

Rooney, hopeless.

Stockley, more impressed with him with every outing, but he needs to get into more goalscoring positions.

McGinn & Hayes, excellent work rate and effort throughout, well played lads.

RDS crowd - a big well done for the round of applause for PeePaw when he was warming up. Not many players get their own song, especially one who was always a bit player, but in his own way he'll go down as a legend. Good luck son, you always tried.

Ref: FFS, 5 mins injury time after 6 subs, all that time wasting, and injuries on the field??? No wonder teams time waste when you let them off like that

Samson: hahahhahaha, feck aff ye cunt.He did not like it up 'im when we scored. timewasting cunt

Yet another match where we've totally dominated but struggled to score.

I realise this is due to how M/well played and it's actually a mark of respect to our team that they were time wasting from the first half and never even tried to win.

I thought everybody played well yesterday with the exception of Adam Rooney unfortunately. He took on a left footed shot from outside the box in the first half when he had Stockley to his left and McGinn in an even better position on his right. Apart from that left footed volley he scored at St J a couple of season back, when does Rooney ever score from outside the box, so why make a stupid effing decision like that?! I wasn't pleased at that.

I'm probably starting to pick fault with Rooney a lot these days.... he's got no touch and no pace. If he has to play i'd just tell him to run in a straight line from the centre circle to the 6 yard box. It's not going to happen but i'd like to see Storey start with Stockley, we badly need some pace up top.

Positives: Kenny McLean was motm by some margin, i'm sure the sponsors are pissed and not watching so when they hear there's been a goal they award it to him.

Ryan Jack had a decent second half, i'd still like to see some more positive passes from him rather than the 6 yard sideways passing.

O'Connor was solid and was unlucky to be subbed, it was always going to be him though with us chasing the winner.

Ryan Jack had a decent second half, i'd still like to see some more positive passes from him rather than the 6 yard sideways passing.

I think Jack has been getting forward more with Shinnie in the middle, but with Shinnie playing LB for most of the game yesterday Jack was limited in getting forward. I still feel we are a better team with Jack in it.

How did O'Connor play?  It sounds like he's had a number of lengthy chats with DM about not playing.  I'd think most of us wanted him to return sooner although it's hard to argue a case when the team are winning.

He was decent. Still looks uncomfortable on the left side coming out with the ball (passed it straight out of play once in the first half, otherwise was fine), but given Motherwell never pressured us at all at the back it was easy for him. In the first 10-15 minutes him and Taylor got caught out a few times not being in line with each other, but they quickly sorted that out. They both won pretty much everything in the air, and he had a couple of decent tackles. Much more comfortable on the ball than Taylor or Reynolds obviously, but I would still have Reynolds or Considine in that left side role ahead of him. For me, he's got to be in the right side of defence or nothing. I'd have him in ahead of Taylor just now too. Taylor didn't put a foot wrong at the weekend really, but O'Connor is just a better player. A few folk have mentioned that Taylor is in there for set pieces, but given we've had about 8,000 corners this season and Taylor has only scored two goals (he's missed a lot of chances too), which is the same as O'Connor, I think that is over-stated. I can see why Taylor is there to be honest, he's strong in the air and quick to get back in, but I prefer players who can actually play football and O'Connor can. I think he'll have to be patient though as we're defending well at the moment. Hopefully McInnes is on top of the situation though as it would be a shame to see him go. It's a bit like being the sub goalie at the moment, he just has to bide his time and take his chance when it comes.

O’ Connor was solid enough defensively; the only worry is how painfully one footed he is. Every time the ball comes near his left side he’s like a trawler boat turning onto his right foot – probably the main reason he was exploited in the cup final as Celtic knew he had no left foot. 

I can’t say I particularly noticed McLean having a good game. I always think he’s one of those players you notice is playing well when the team is; but he wouldn’t command a performance on his own.

All in all, we deserved the win due to Motherwell’s horrendous time wasting tactics. In years gone by they’d of snatched a winner off that as well, just to rub salt in the wounds!!

We need a bit more imagination playing against those kind of teams who sit in against us. When Christie came on he livened it up by running at Well and giving them something to think about and potentially make mistakes; along with Hayes and McGinn floating around.

The continuous crosses that don’t beat the first man won’t win us much games.