Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Motherwell (post McGhee)

I thought McLean was very good on Saturday, took responsibility and his passing was sharp and worked himself into good shooting positions a couple of times.

The touch by McGinn to Hayes on the half way line after we broke quickly, was absolutely exquisite, if we'd scored from that it would have been a wonderful goal.

I can’t say I particularly noticed McLean having a good game. I always think he’s one of those players you notice is playing well when the team is; but he wouldn’t command a performance on his own.

Obviously everyone sees the game their own individual way but i'm certain even Stevie Wonder would have seen McLean at the heart of everything on Saturday, he was a real driving force and his variety of passes was great to watch. Even Michael Stewart on Sportscene highlighted McLeans performance and rightly suggested that he's playing better now than what he was when he was picked for those Scotland squads last season.

Obviously everyone sees the game their own individual way but i'm certain even Stevie Wonder would have seen McLean at the heart of everything on Saturday, he was a real driving force and his variety of passes was great to watch. Even Michael Stewart on Sportscene highlighted McLeans performance and rightly suggested that he's playing better now than what he was when he was picked for those Scotland squads last season.

He sprayed the ball about well, but we were hardly watching Beckham or Pirlo in their pomp. As someone else mentioned above, all the world cup passes are fine but I don't remember him pinging them into the danger zone very often - the majority of our crosses didn't beat the first man; or puff into the box for a big bruising defender to head away, albeit they were from McGinn or Hayes.

If I'm really being critical, the centre of midfield collapsed for the majority of the 2nd half once Shinnie went to left back and Motherwell grew in confidence - in between their time wasting.

I don't want to take away from the win, but it wasn't pretty or pleasant. I was glad that we came out of it with win, but the boys hit the same plays over and over and over and hoped something would happen differently.

It's no surprise the quick break lead to a goal.

I'm not looking to get into an argument with you, i just thought McLean was the stand out player on the pitch and although i don't expect everyone to share my opinion i really thought that McLeans performance would have had the majority sharing that view. Obviously you're not in the majority sharing m view.

Just one last point... do you not recall the ball McLean sent across the edge of the 6 yarder from the left wing in the first half? Both Rooney and Stockley were on their heels and passed up an exceptional chance which was on a plate for them. Then in the second half he dumped a ball on the edge of the 6 yarder again which Shinnie somehow managed to balloon over the bar. Just saying that he was a provider of some great chances which would have got us a much more comfortable win if they had been taken.

I'm not looking to get into an argument with you, i just thought McLean was the stand out player on the pitch and although i don't expect everyone to share my opinion i really thought that McLeans performance would have had the majority sharing that view. Obviously you're not in the majority sharing m view.

I thought he was excellent, and was clearly the best player on the park. As did most folks round me, who all seemed surprised that McGinn was MOTM. McLean, Lewis, Considine or McGinn for player of the year so far for me.

I thought he was excellent, and was clearly the best player on the park. As did most folks round me, who all seemed surprised that McGinn was MOTM. McLean, Lewis, Considine or McGinn for player of the year so far for me.

You must sit near me then because that was the consensus round me too. McLean easily MOTM the match.

You must sit near me then because that was the consensus round me too. McLean easily MOTM the match.

If you go around each person in the vicinity of your seat saying "fit like, Rico?" you'll find me. Although I won't acknowledge you because I'm an ignorant cunt.