Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

I strongly suspect it's just a negotiating tool to try and get a longer deal with us. If he chose to leave us to go down to England or abroad, I'd be happy with that, but my preference is he stays.

Donsdaft, Davide grassi  :rofl: he not wear a mask for a while or was that some other fun?

That was Grassi. Wore it whilst recovering from a fractured cheek bone if memory serves me correctly.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its painful remembering how bad some of our keepers(and outfield players) have been,ie Bossu,Howard(remember him?),Soutar,Collin etc.What a cracking scouting network weve had over the years  ::),though to be fair,think we managed to help bring the worst out of them,we were in such a bad place at times.

How we got Lewis,on the other hand..... 8) 

Happier days. COYR

ps Bossu,was that a 4 nil defeat at Killie or something? Was it all down to his shityness?

As far as I remember Bossu played two competitive games for AFC. Season 2008/09 I think it was and he played in two league cup games. First one was at Ayr Utd and we won 1-0 (Maguire) and then a horrendous 4-2 defeat at Kilmarnock with Connor Salmon scoring twice. Killie looked like scoring everything they got within twenty yards of our goal. Bossu was terrible and I still have nightmares of that game.

If as I think he only played two competitive games for us, then I had the misfortune to be at both of them.

I'll see your Davide Grassi and raise you Dan Smith.

His debut at St Mirren is probably the worst I have seen in close to fifty years following AFC

He now plays for a team called Holland Park Hawks in Brisbane, I think he is actually the team captain. My older brother is the president of the club, Dan even lived with him for a while, still gets some stick for that tackle on Abou Diaby.

As far as I remember Bossu played two competitive games for AFC. Season 2008/09 I think it was and he played in two league cup games. First one was at Ayr Utd and we won 1-0 (Maguire) and then a horrendous 4-2 defeat at Kilmarnock with Connor Salmon scoring twice. Killie looked like scoring everything they got within twenty yards of our goal. Bossu was terrible and I still have nightmares of that game.

If as I think he only played two competitive games for us, then I had the misfortune to be at both of them.

Came on as a sub against the huns at Pittodrie in a 0-0 I think and actually did ok, all things considered.

I remember going to easter road with my hibbie mates to see us.

Left them to go to the aberdeen end and Duncan Shearer scored a belter if i remember.

Can anyone help me out what game that was please.

:razz:

If it's the goal I'm thinking of (volley from about 25 yards into the top corner) we lost 2-1 in around 93/94.  Leighton had a blinder for Hibs.  If it is that game, I think it's on the 93/94 season review video which is now on YouTube.

Came on as a sub against the huns at Pittodrie in a 0-0 I think and actually did ok, all things considered.

Indeed he did. I remember the lang streak o' piss running onto the park now.

Think thats it then, three games....two clean sheets and a fucking howler ;)

If it's the goal I'm thinking of (volley from about 25 yards into the top corner) we lost 2-1 in around 93/94.  Leighton had a blinder for Hibs.  If it is that game, I think it's on the 93/94 season review video which is now on YouTube.

Bobby that's the one I think.

Thanks mate I appreciate that.

What's every bodies guess on Greg Tansey? Made it clear now he's definitely leaving ICT.

IF we are still interested, and it's a big IF, to get him in this window, we could give them Scott Wright & Miles Storey on loan until the end of the season in exchange for Tansey? Both Wright & Storey are not going to feature at all for us in my opinion, so let them get regular games in the same league to keep them up to speed.

FWIW, I am not sure Tansey is the type of player we need, but he is a natural central midfielder I suppose.

It seems weird that we're being linked with tansey again, I haven't been convinced by him since the last time. Granted he'd allow Shinnie to move back to defence but he's not really that tough tackling cunt we need is he? Just happens to play in midfield.

And guys, thanks for reminding me about bossu. That game at killie will long sit in my room 101 vault.

Tansey is a smokescreen. It is that cunt Draper we are signing ;)

I hope you are correct. Tansey delivers a nice set piece but Draper is the nasty cunt we need against your Particks and St Johnstones.

Gets a few goals every season for Caley so i think he'd get 2 or 3 more for us with the upgrade in quality we have.

Downside...always good for a red card or 2 every season but then again I really wouldnt see him starting more than 15-20 games anyway, he would be a horses for courses plaar for us

I hope you are correct. Tansey delivers a nice set piece but Draper is the nasty cunt we need against your Particks and St Johnstones.

Gets a few goals every season for Caley so i think he'd get 2 or 3 more for us with the upgrade in quality we have.

Downside...always good for a red card or 2 every season but then again I really wouldnt see him starting more than 15-20 games anyway, he would be a horses for courses plaar for us

And against the Huns and Tims. I'm sick of us standing back and watching them play against us. We show them far too much respect. We should be getting stuck in on those cunts too.

And against the Huns and Tims. I'm sick of us standing back and watching them play against us. We show them far too much respect. We should be getting stuck in on those cunts too.

100% agree.

So many of the "wee"-er teams go 1/2/3-0 up against the filth by firing into them; but always collapse by sitting back once they have a nose bleed from actually playing well against them - which wee teams aren't meant to do.

That's our issue. Whoever we get in needs to be a no-nonsense battering ram in mid-field who won't allow us to sit and 'hold' them off. Ideally one who can play as well, but those guys will likely be a level above what we can afford. We can always hope we unearth a gem that no one has spotted, but more than likely someone like Draper fits the bill. Better players around him might lift him too. 

Draper is a fucking awful footballer. I wish folk could look past the need for a strong midfielder and get to the position of needing a strong midfielder that can actually play football. ICT aren't bottom of the league through poor fortune. Players like Draper (and Tansey for that matter) are a large part of that.

It was the same bollocks we constantly heard from dons fans about Goodwin and Hamill. Two fucking atrocious players who were found out to be atrocious by being fucking atrocious, yet because they acted like dicks on the pitch folk were instantly attracted to them. Scott Brown manages to be both a dick and a good footballer. During his poor form last season for club and country he was found out, because being a dick on its own doesn't count for anything. As many players have proven over the years however, not being a dick doesn't make you a shite footballer.

We need a strong player. He doesn't need to have "a nasty streak" or any of that other shite. He just needs to be able to play football and strong in the challenge and not get pushed off it. But he also needs to be mobile, which is much more important. Cunts like Draper let the game pass them by because they're too slow, we'd be as well putting O'Connor in midfield if we're considering Draper.

Draper is Shite, Draper is shite, drAPER Is Shite. He's fucking shite.