Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

It's always a balancing act between ambition and finances. Hayes for half a million is a joke. He is worth much more than double that to us and as one of our most valuable players, the only reason for selling would be financial where the offer was too good to refuse. A six figure sum is nowhere near his valuation and selling him would hurt us hard, at any price.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayes allegedly subject of a £500k bid from Cardiff City.

We simply can't afford to lose our two most influential and creative players in one window.

Hayes situation entirely different to McGinn and surely no necessity to sell

No need to sell, Cardiff are a shite club and wouldn't learn anything there. Certainly nothing less than seven figures should even be acknowledged by the club.

No need to sell, Cardiff are a shite club and wouldn't learn anything there. Certainly nothing less than seven figures should even be acknowledged by the club.

Unless the player pushes for it of course... not that I'm in favour of accepting any bids, but it'd be stupid to ignore the fact the player has some say in it.

Even if Hayes were to push the move, 500k is nothing. We don't need to sell and he's under contract for another 18 months. Given the funny money for transfers I'd say 1.5M is more realistic for an international squad player and one of if not our best player.

Yes

Could be little argument if they got £3,500,000

Casher though,  none of this add on shite

Especially since he's an internationalist.

Agree ed, I'm sure he would happily help the club get more money for him if he did in fact want to leave. Given the money floating around in England wed be stupid not to hold firm. Basically, I don't want him to go,  fuck the championship. Premier league or nothing.  :thumbsup:

A comment from RedTV regarding Maddison

" Derek McInnes also confirmed James Maddison will go down to speak with Norwich on Monday. A deal for him staying at Pittodrie has not been signed yet. The manager remained hopeful that something will be sorted out between the clubs. "

So the wee man went back to Norwich today to discuss extending his loan deal, obviously it's a 3-way thing, we have to want him, Norwich have to let him, and Maddison himself must want to also. I would imagine it'll be announced tomorrow if it's happening or not.

As for McGinn, it's probably shite, but I see the last comment on JambosKickback forum is that Niall has signed a 2-year contract there? Can't see confirmation anywhere else, so it's probably a sad, deluded virgin trying to be controversial  :-\

A comment from RedTV regarding Maddison

" Derek McInnes also confirmed James Maddison will go down to speak with Norwich on Monday. A deal for him staying at Pittodrie has not been signed yet. The manager remained hopeful that something will be sorted out between the clubs. "

So the wee man went back to Norwich today to discuss extending his loan deal, obviously it's a 3-way thing, we have to want him, Norwich have to let him, and Maddison himself must want to also. I would imagine it'll be announced tomorrow if it's happening or not.

As for McGinn, it's probably shite, but I see the last comment on JambosKickback forum is that Niall has signed a 2-year contract there? Can't see confirmation anywhere else, so it's probably a sad, deluded virgin trying to be controversial  :-\

Agree about it being a 3 way thing but genuinely believe it'll be the end of the month before we know for sure. Everything Alex Neill has said points towards them waiting and seeing how their own transfer window goes before deciding.

Personally I'd use his wage for a position we actually need and if we can bring him back later in January then even better.

What a difference a day makes.Go away for the day,and half your strike force are potentially away.

Hope McGinn isnt considering the Hearts move.I'd be looking at their manager,(who looks like he's done an SVQ football manager course at Brechin college),and thinking Do I want to work with this guy? Doesnt have the gravitas yet to gain the respect as a manager IMO.Looks a bit of a dweeb too

Hope McGinn sees similar

Hayes has stated he's settled here too(as long as McInnes is manager - his words). 

Maddison - a great player,but as said,wages could be used in a more important position if he doesnt stay

Give me a reason McGinn goes to Hearts?? Because he knows the asst manager means little or nothing. They don't appear as good as us, Europe is questionable whereas he's been there yearly with us, we have the stronger squad, and we're the bigger club. I'd get it if it were Celtic or rangers but Hearts makes zero sense. If we lose him it will be to an English championship side - the fresh start, a nice signing bonus, and a higher wage. Can't argue with that really.

Give me a reason McGinn goes to Hearts??

Maybe he just wants a change? We're not party to his personal life, perhaps he's fed up of Aberdeen and would prefer Edinburgh? I think this point is often overlooked when discussing footballers, we treat them as if they're in some way different to any other worker or young lad. A lot of folk want to move home and experience different things when they're young, footballers shouldn't feel obliged to stay in the same location all their careers through some perceived loyalty. Hearts would be a step sideways, but he might feel that the city of Edinburgh isn't. I don't think he's cut out - physically - for the game down South, so I think the SPL might be his only choice.

Worse case scenario, and one I think might play out, is that he signs a pre-contract with them. He'll be accused of not giving his all, being a traitor etc. and his position made untenable. It'll sour an otherwise excellent dons career where he's done so much for us. It would be unworkable. Hopefully it won't happen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4082874/Aberdeen-set-lose-Niall-McGinn-Hearts-free-transfer.html

Aye, he's already confessed all to his team-mates like  ::)  A complete load of pish.

Fwiw, I reckon he'll sign a new 1-year contract then leave next summer, probably to a League 1 side or lower end Championship team.

The Daily Mail article is frankly a pile of pish.

McGinn has told his team mates before the club.

AFC plan to sit down with McGinn this week.

McGinn is away of a flight to L.A or somewhere

So many contradictions in this it is fucking laughable.

Mind you not as laughable as the thread on Jambos Kickback or fit ever its called.

Every conceivable shite on there including he has already signed a two year deal with them

Maddison back to Norwich. Easy decision for the boy as he wasn't getting played but probably Neil's decision.

Don't think it's for good though, I assumed it was just for training as we have no games for a few weeks? I'd be surprised if Norwich take him back like. Don't think he's ready for the hoofer championship yet. Another half season at us, wit him competing for his place, will do him the world of good I reckon.

Don't think it's for good though, I assumed it was just for training as we have no games for a few weeks? I'd be surprised if Norwich take him back like. Don't think he's ready for the hoofer championship yet. Another half season at us, wit him competing for his place, will do him the world of good I reckon.

So it appears. The wife shouted it out from something she read online from the EE.

Re - McGinn

I strongly suspect it's just a negotiating tool to try and get a longer deal with us. If he chose to leave us to go down to England or abroad, I'd be happy with that, but my preference is he stays.

Donsdaft, Davide grassi  :rofl: he not wear a mask for a while or was that some other fun?