Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports that Alex Neil saying he's adamant that Maddison will NOT be staying on after all....  ::)

Edited for link  -  https://www.facebook.com/sheeponfire/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Doesn't totally rule it out, just that it depends on how their window goes.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/norwich-city-boss-alex-neil-9537865.amp?client=safari

McGinn off to Leeds, according to folk on Twitter

Here's hoping it's not true, suspect it'll become blindingly obvious how much he brings to the team as soon as he's not here.

*Edit* had a quick search and doesn't seem to be anything that's not rehashed tweets from previous windows, fingers crossed it's all it is. Might have missed something more solid though, was a very quick search.

If it's true McGinn is offski, let me be the first to say fuck off.

You only ever gave us 50% effort for 20% of the time. You're a talented fuckwit.

The gormlessness of yer face is what I'll remember the most.

Plus your apologetic behaviour for daring to score at Parkhead.

But what my son and all his mates will remember the most is how shit you were at hitting on our women.

Good riddance. Lazy fucking loser cunt.

You only ever gave us 50% effort for 20% of the time. You're a talented fuckwit.

But what my son and all his mates will remember the most is how shit you were at hitting on our women.

Seriously WTF worst post ever and that's rich considering some of the utter pish you have come out with

I see what ur point is but that's a wee bit rough.

He's been posted missing loads of games as we all know but he is a great talent and one we still could do with.

His last goal emphasised this.brilliantly taken and cool. Shinnie would've blasted it over...as would've McLean and a few others.

His dropping of the shoulder to get past a man is the best n Scotland.

I still want to see him here.

Considine I would keep too.the guys solid, let's face it.he plays some calm clever balls and has tons of experience.

HNY guys

Yes it is rough (bevvied was my excuse) and yes we know how much talent he's got. He created the goal last night. He got the 3 points at Motherwell. I remember one time at Hearts he scored the 3rd to put us 3-0 up at HT and his drop of the shoulder was sublime as he waltzed from the corner flag into the box.

But it's criminal when one is allowed to not give 100%. In anything, not just football. It's he himself who suffers the most but it's also a poor reflection on his managers. He blew his chance at Celtic and it wasn't because he didn't have talent. Unfulfilled potential is one of the worst things to witness, particularly when the observer is passionate and can see it.

I still want to see him here.

HNY guys

I would also prefer that he stayed. He's potentially our best player. That's why I started my rant with IF.

Those of you who have examined the talent v. work ethic debate - articulated so well by Matthew Syed in Bounce and to a lesser extent Daniel Coyle in The Talent Code - or who have managed people will know the frustrations of having people who don't put in a shift, who's performance is being handicapped by their lack of application. Work ethic is everything. Nobody succeeds without it. It's impossible to be the best without consistently working hard.

HNY2U2.

Work ethic may be part of his problem,but when the team as a whole has been playing without the intensity we had yesterday,options for a player like McGinn are limited.Defences have gotten organised because weve been too slow to break and he's left on his own to produce(head goes down).Though I'd say the forwards in general dont work hard enough to create space,or anticipate the next ball well enough

Hope he stays though

Agreed Elgin Don. This is why Scott Brown is such a valuable footballer. He's a leader on the pitch. He never fails to give his all. He's the antithesis of McGinn. He's getting the max out of himself. McGinn's getting the minimum out of a far superior talent.

All successful teams have that workrate mentality, an attitude fired by desire. This starts with the manager of course and it's his job to inspire and enthuse them. Self starters don't need to be fired up but the team is only as strong as its weakest parts and too many too often don't give 100% and I would be embarrassed by that if it was my team.

Work ethic v Talent

The top top players have both but that's rare to say the least.

Even those of us who only played football at amateur level will be only too aware that the bloke who scored

all the goals had a tendency to miss training.

Then there's the enigmatic winger type.

We had a guy who for 5 minutes every game could have played at international level.

The next time you looked for him to pass to he was watching the game on the next pitch ( or the equivalent)

These people are incredibly frustrating but you need them.

The blend of players to make up a team is the managers job.

I think we're ignoring a huge part of his game here though. He does a lot of tracking back which goes completely unnoticed. We're not privvy to the stats, but I expect his distance traveled in a game is quite high. I thought he was our best player in the first half last night and looked up for it. Even saw him shouting at someone for not playing him in earlier, which is unusual for McGinn, he's usually very reserved. The fact that he's stolen a large part of Colin Farrell's face doesn't help him I think. When McGinn's not performing it's obvious and he just needs to be taken off. McInnes manages this poorly.

I like him, and I'd like to see him stay. He's not cut out for the hoofer English lower leagues, he'll just get booted in the air so I struggle to see where he'd go that's better suited to him than us so I think he'll stay. Good luck to him either way, he's done very well for us over the years.

As much as I think Niall should be moved on he deserves something better than being linked with that lot of rancid scum down in Gorgie. I'd rather we tried to keep him than see him to Hearts, probably being linked with them because he knows that horse heided number 2 chunt at Hearts through the NI set up.