Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

League Cup Final 2014

I see Caley have to play Hibs in midweek.

Wonder if Hughes will rest any of his players for it

Also in the back of my mind is how Butcher will be feeling on the night given it could have been him preparing for a final rather than fighting tooth and nail for a top 6 place.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Caley have to play Hibs in midweek.

Wonder if Hughes will rest any of his players for it

Also in the back of my mind is how Butcher will be feeling on the night given it could have been him preparing for a final rather than fighting tooth and nail for a top 6 place.

Can't see how they can really rest players, it's not an easy game and one of their games in hand. They potentially are just 4 points behind us if they win these games in hand so surely they are still looking at 2nd place as well.

Also my mate who is getting my tickets through a mate through a mate through a supporters club told me he is getting it through the Globe Reds. I really hope you guys are keeping my tickets safe. The last league cup final was one my first games and since then it has been years of disappointment. If I miss this final I will not know what to do.

We picked up the tickets yesterday  :thumbsup:

You have to buy me & Mizer a bottle of prosecco before you get yours though  ;)

Also my mate who is getting my tickets through a mate through a mate through a supporters club told me he is getting it through the Globe Reds. I really hope you guys are keeping my tickets safe. The last league cup final was one my first games and since then it has been years of disappointment. If I miss this final I will not know what to do.

Never knew Stevie was getting you a ticket, now you behave yourself and dont drink too much this time  :stretcher:

Probably best you don't know what happened when Mizer was in charge of the globes tickets in Munich then  ;)

Im surprised you let me stagger doon the road with your ticket yesterday ;)

The look on his face when he told me he had lost them was hilarious. He knew he was a dead man walking.

Indeed!

Never knew Stevie was getting you a ticket, now you behave yourself and dont drink too much this time  :stretcher:

Yes he is. Saved me queuing up, thanks. But how did you know the person I am getting it through? It's worrying me a little bit, especially with your reputation. ;) I will also try and stay out of the way of any hospitals this time.

Also he mentioned about going to the pub before the game. I'm guessing this is open to everyone and has not been booked or anything?

Caley "could" appeal the red cards yesterday. Meaning they are free to play Hibs midweek but if upheld would be suspended for the final. Cant see the players being happy with having their place in a final jeopardised, but depends how much they want 2nd place. Only seen Tanseys, it look a bad challenge and probably was a red. Cant see them appealing myself

Yes he is. Saved me queuing up, thanks. But how did you know the person I am getting it through? It's worrying me a little bit, especially with your reputation. ;) I will also try and stay out of the way of any hospitals this time.

Also he mentioned about going to the  before the game. I'm guessing this is open to everyone and has not been booked or anything?

I have included you guys in the estimated numbers for the pub so it should be fine and be able to go upstairs. I have removed the pub name as its like a light to moths. I know Stevie through his sister who goes to Aberdeen & Scotland games with us.

DONS fans will today get the chance to grab free tickets today to a cinema showing of Sunday’s League Cup Final.

Aberdeen FC’s first league cup final in 14 years will be shown at the Belmont Cinema.

A total of 260 free tickets were up for grabs today on a “first-come-first-served basis” to watch the Dons play Inverness CT in Glasgow.

Aberdeen City Council’s Finance, Policy and Resources Committee convener Willie Young said: “By working in partnership with the Belmont Cinema we are delighted to be able to offer young people an additional way to enjoy the Dons in the Scottish Cup Final.

“As we get closer to the big day and the excitement builds, we hope that by offering this opportunity our young people will not only savour the thrill of supporting the Dons but that it will encourage them to be more active too.”

The tickets go on sale today at 12pm, with a maximum of four tickets per person.

Aberdeen FC have sold out their allocation for Sunday’s final with 40,000 supporters heading for Parkhead.