Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup Final 2014

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried not being a miserable cunt?

Yes and it was miserable

My fear is the dons becoming to Caley/ st Johnstone etc what sevco have been to all clubs for x number of years with regards to tickets.

Least when county got to Hampden few years back they were given half the BT stand & the West Stand

Yes and it was miserable

My fear is the dons becoming to Caley/ st Johnstone etc what sevco have been to all clubs for x number of years with regards to tickets.

Least when county got to Hampden few years back they were given half the BT stand & the West Stand

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron added: "We are very happy with the allocation agreed, which provides exactly what our fan base was looking for, and thank both the SPFL and Aberdeen for accommodating our wishes."

Who knows why it is, but fuck me, how dare they start a football match a whole half hour before it should really start...

... and 20 minutes after the first train* from Inverness arrives in Glasgow City Centre, and not much longer from when the 2 scheduled trains from Aberdeen arrive.

*Aware that football special trains have now been confirmed from both Aberdeen and Inverness.

Anyone know if any Supporters clubs are accepting non members, My parents are trying to figure out how they are going to get down. First away game for them for over 10 years.

It was on Twitter a few days ago that Scotrail were putting on 2 extra trains, and they would wait if extra time /penalties. Just checked News page on AFC website, and details not announced when on sale but tickets are through Pittodrie only.

Either that or put on twitter looking for a couple of seats on a supporters bus?  :-\

Trains being put on for both sets of fans

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140226/scottish-league-cup-football-trains-confirmed_2212158_3687694

First ScotRail is providing two 'football specials' for Aberdeen fans heading to Glasgow for the Scottish League Cup Final on Sunday 16 March, providing seats for up to 720 fans.

Both services will depart Aberdeen before 9.30am and will arrive at Glasgow Queen Street in plenty of time for fans to transfer onto trains to Bellgrove, and then walk the 20 minutes to Celtic Park.

Timings for return journeys will take into account the possibility of extra time or penalties.

ScotRail has cut the cost of tickets to support the club's fans.Two return fares to Bellgrove will be available:£65 for an 'adult and child' ticket; and £50 for an adult fare. Child fares - available for those aged 15 and under - will not be sold separately.No further discounts or concessions will be available.

Seats are guaranteed for all who buy tickets to travel on these additional services.

Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 28th February via a merchandise unit in the Pittodrie Street car park with sales on a first come, first served basis.Should any tickets remain sales will continue from 9am on Monday 3rd March. All those purchasing rail tickets will be required to provide their name and address, and proof of purchase of a match ticket.

George Yule,Vice-Chairman of Aberdeen Football Club said :"Aberdeen supporters face real challenges getting to and from Glasgow so we are pleased that ScotRail have provided extra trains and arranged reduced fares for our fans making their way to Glasgow for the League Cup Final - this will assist in reducing congestion on the A90"

A ScotRail spokeswoman said, "We look forward to welcoming Aberdeen fans on board for what is sure to be an exciting day of football."

The train operator has confirmed that alcohol will not be permitted on board.

Some fans have already booked seats on scheduled services and ScotRail is highlighting that the 09:24 service from Aberdeen on match day is already sold out. The spokeswoman added, "Please don't attempt to travel on this service unless you have seat reservation as well as a ticket - as you will not be permitted to board."

Mark McDonald MSP for Donside said, "I am delighted to hear that First ScotRail has put on early trains the League Cup Final on March 16against Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

"I welcome any steps that can be taken to ensure that fans from all parts of Scotland can make the match with as little inconvenience as possible."

Aberdeen adult ticket £50

Inverness adult ticket £30

Aberdeen to Glasgow return: 320 mins

Inverness to Glasgow retun: 420 mins

Aberdeen cost per min travel: 0.15p/min

Inverness cost per min travel: 0.07p/min

Aberdeen adult ticket £50

Inverness adult ticket £30

Aberdeen to Glasgow return: 320 mins

Inverness to Glasgow retun: 420 mins

Aberdeen cost per min travel: 0.15p/min

Inverness cost per min travel: 0.07p/min

Highland Council have subsidised some of the fare for Caley fans so they have a lower fare.

Would have been nice to see something similar from Aberdeen Council. Are they still looking to offer free tickets to young kids or has that idea been shelved?

Highland Council have subsidised some of the fare for Caley fans so they have a lower fare.

Would have been nice to see something similar from Aberdeen Council. Are they still looking to offer free tickets to young kids or has that idea been shelved?

Was an outcry over it - so I think its not going ahead.

http://aberdeen.stv.tv/articles/264360-aberdeen-politicians-have-clashed-over-50000-free-football-ticket-plan/

I see there's an article saying there was a "Political storm" over the plans, nothing to say the plans have been shelved though from what I can find.

The council appear to have voted on the plans and approved them too.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/CouncilNews/ci_cns/pr_CommonGoodFootball_140214.asp