Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPL Young Player of the Month is....aka The Ryan Fraser Thread

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"English clubs take a gamble and make boys starry-eyed with a bigger wage," said Brown.

That statement from Brown basically implies Fraser has been 'tapped up' already.  Obviously in Scotland the old firm have the tabloids to do their dirty work for them, but as far as English clubs go it's still just a quiet word in the agents ear.

Either way, afc are shafted and wee Ryan will be warming a bench somewhere else next season.

That statement from Brown basically implies Fraser has been 'tapped up' already.  Obviously in Scotland the old firm have the tabloids to do their dirty work for them, but as far as English clubs go it's still just a quiet word in the agents ear.

Either way, afc are shafted and wee Ryan will be warming a bench somewhere else next season.

Nah. Your earlier posted basically promised me that he would change his mind and stay forever because someone he doesn't like is leaving.  :hammer:

That's pretty much the gist of what one of our Gothenburg heroes told me, and as I suggested he may be privy to some inside info - something I wasn't aware of whilst I was talking to him.

So you can ram your  :hammer:  up your fucking hoop.  ;)

That's pretty much the gist of what one of our Gothenburg heroes told me, and as I suggested he may be privy to some inside info - something I wasn't aware of whilst I was talking to him.

So you can ram your  :hammer:  up your fucking hoop.  ;)

Any clues as to whether its a fellow player or one of the coaching staff?...

;D

Brown in the paper this morning saying that he wants to punt Fraser in January and will not play him again now that he says he wants away. Think that is right course of action as no point in playing a player who's heart is not in it.

Saw the same article but no real quote as to that. But agree we should try and get rid of him in Jan.

I did know that, but what in particular did he spout cuntage about?

Saying that Fraser should sacrifice career development and playing time for cash now. Justifies this sweeping statement by quoting the example of John Kennedy and how his career was cut short.

Anyone remember this excuse for a human being adopting the same attitude towards Feruz when Chelsea picked the pockets of the Bog Munchers and whisked him off down to London Town. No thought not  ::) . A man with double standards that still remains as bitter as ever towards Aberdeen on account of the fact that we denied him medals in the 80's he viewed as his by right for playing for the Howkers

RYAN FRASER has not closed the door on signing a new contract at Aberdeen.

The Dons had previously announced that the 18-year-old, who has won two SPL Young Player of the Month awards, had turned down a new deal and wanted to move on in the summer.

Express Sport can reveal the talented winger was pushed into making a quick decision on his future by the club.

Fraser, who is out of contract in the summer, was given a deadline to agree a new deal and because he refused the Pittodrie hierarchy decided to end all talks.

It was then claimed Fraser said he wanted to play at a higher level, but the player only said that because the club wanted a reason as to why he had turned down their offer.

Express Sport understands that the contract was turned down because of the way the negotiations were handled.

The first offer was not much more than a current youth player at Pittodrie earns and although it was enhanced twice it would still have left Fraser as one of the lowest paid players in Craig Brown’s first-team squad, well below even the likes of fellow youngster Ryan Jack.

Fraser has been one of the stars of the season and has been described as one of the best young players that Brown has seen but that praise doesn’t appear to have been reflected in the negotiations.

The player is not even looking to be put anywhere near the club’s top earners but to sign a new four-year contract he would want some parity with the average first-team wage at Pittodrie.

Fraser, who has returned to training after injury, has been told his decision not to re-sign could push him down the pecking order, behind the likes of Peter Pawlett, who will return from his loan spell from St Johnstone next month.

Fraser, however, remains totally committed to Aberdeen and hasn’t held talks with any other club.

He has also made it clear he is willing to re-open talks but Aberdeen would need to make the first move.

If they don’t, the youngster can sign a pre-contract and move for compensation in the summer.

Fraser is on Rangers’ short-list but isn’t a priority target for Ibrox boss Ally McCoist.

English Championship side Huddersfield Town are also monitoring the starlet.

Aberdeen have lost the likes of Fraser Fyvie, Jack Grimmer, Sone Aluko and Chris Maguire in recent seasons as they have been unable to agree long-term deals.

But the club have opened talks to sign Mark Reynolds from Sheffield Wednesday on a permanent basis.

Reynolds is currently on loan and the Dons have spoken to the defender’s agent while Wednesday are keen to get the player off the books.