Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPL Young Player of the Month is....aka The Ryan Fraser Thread

Arrogant little cunt (or his agent has made him one), what happened to the quoted interview where he claims he still has a lot to learn (or words to that effect)? :hammer:

AFC should play him every minute of every game till his fucking precious legs fall off and no-one wants him. See if he signs a contract then.

Billy-big-baws strikes again. Fucking find out who his agent is and nail him by the balls to a wall in Sayri! >:D >:D>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fit and confident (Scotland U-21 international) Peter Pawlett can very easily replace Fraser.

Indeed had Pawlett not had his injury troubles to seek, I am convinced we'd have been unlikely to have seen Fraser much at all.

With Hayes, McGinn & Megginson in the mix we're arguably better served in wide areas than we've been for a few yrs.

Yes Fraser was a good prospect, and as sure as night follows day, he has most certainly had his head turned, but that's life in football I suppose. In the same vein he won't be missed all that much as I dare say because he's been in the team for two minutes we won't know what we've missed.

Life, and AFC, goes on.

I think that's the problem though BTR, pawlett has never and will never be fit enough. Its a shame because I was excited about him when he first broke through. But he's just made of glass and tbh, I think we should just count our losses and get rid. Either its our physios or facilities but it just isn't working.

There is no doubting that Fraser has been the most exciting prospect since jess. Regardless of his short lived stint in the team, he has excited the fans and been part of a team which has started to play football once more. All in all, its a shame.

A player who plays well over a spell of ten games is going through a rich vein of form. We will never know how good a prospect he is/was because he is unproven as a player at this level. Therefore there absolutely is doubt over how good a prospect he is. Comparitively speaking, he isn't fit to lace Stephen Glass's boots. With less than 1000 minutes of pro football under their belts, no player deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jess.

Good to see brown is telling him he's making a mistake. I didn't realise mcleishs son was fyvie and grimmers agennt as well . Stop shafting our club!

Interesting you say that, after I was having an unexpected wee chat this evening with someone apparently 'in the know', I come home and read this and suddenly it all makes sense.

Let's just say all hope of young Ryan staying is not lost, I believe another significant development at the club may yet change his mind.

Bit cryptic, but I'm a bit of a cunt like that sometimes.  ;)

Interesting you say that, after I was having an unexpected wee chat this evening with someone apparently 'in the know', I come home and read this and suddenly it all makes sense.

Let's just say all hope of young Ryan staying is not lost, I believe another significant development at the club may yet change his mind.

Someone coming in or someone leaving?

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown says there is still time for Ryan Fraser to decide to stay at Pittodrie.

Fraser, who turned down the offer of a new contract missed Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Hearts due to injury. He has made 16 appearance for the Dons.

"We've got to hope that he might have a change of heart - people are entitled to change their mind," Brown told BBC Scotland.

"I think we let Ryan and his father and his agent make their decision."

As it stands, there has yet to be any official interest shown in the tricky winger.

"If someone comes in with an offer then the board of directors would discuss the offer," said Brown

"But, as of this moment, we haven't had any offers, and I'm assured of that even from his own agent."

Obviously its a massive blow that he's decided to leave but it's got me thinking... for all his attacking intent and beating players for fun, just what has come from it? I know he's not scored but how many goals has he created?

Not trying to be negative I genuinely don't know/can't remember just how many goals he's set up.

He's obviously a huge talent and one we would be best keeping but it has made me question what end product he has.

(I could be totally wrong and he's created every goal we've scored this season, honestly can't remember)

Stop teasing min, and just spill the beans

A personal message will do  ;)

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has added Aberdeen's 18-year-old winger Ryan Fraser to his transfer wish-list, although the Ibrox club cannot register a player over 18 in the next two transfer windows because of its transfer embargo.

Aww bless, keep dreaming sally

It was indicated to the club that Ryan believes he is ready to play at a higher level than the SPL and I have to say I think that is the wrong decision.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown urges FIFA action on compensation fees     

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown has urged FIFA to change compensation rules for clubs who develop young players.

The Pittodrie boss was speaking after 18-year-old Ryan Fraser turned down a new contract with the Dons .

"English clubs take a gamble and make boys starry-eyed with a bigger wage," said Brown.

"But if they had to pay compensation commensurate with a transfer fee, it wouldn't happen at FIFA level. The compensation should be far, far more."

And Brown added: "With the new set-up, when they're out of contract, they're going on compensation only.

"It'll happen again - for certain it'll happen again. If we could stop it happening, we would stop it.

"So, I appeal to FIFA - they made the rules about compensation, for that they deserve credit - now, review it, make it a reasonable compensation amount."

Brown also conceded defeat in his attempt to keep the young winger at the club.

"He's decided his future's elsewhere, so we've got to accept that. We shrug our shoulders, we're disappointed, and we accept his decision," he said.

"You have to accept that - with reluctance.

"He said it wasn't about money; the indication was he wanted to play in a different environment.

"So, that's his decision - or it's the decision that's been afforded him by his representatives."

However, Brown insisted that the Pittodrie club would continue down the path of producing youngsters.

"I can't think of another club in the SPL which has lost five players - six if Ryan Fraser goes - for money which is disappointing," he said.

Last January, Jack Grimmer, now 18, left the Dons for Fulham after making only four appearances for the Scottish Premier League club.

He was followed by 19-year-old midfielder Fraser Fyvie, who joined Wigan Athletic after rejecting the offer of a contract extension.

Fyvie has made only three appearances for his new club, in the League Cup, while Grimmer has yet to feature for Fulham.

"It's not unique to Aberdeen," contended Brown. "And it's not an indictment on Aberdeen - because this is a development club.

"We're producing them, but, unfortunately, they're going."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has added Aberdeen's 18-year-old winger Ryan Fraser to his transfer wish-list, although the Ibrox club cannot register a player over 18 in the next two transfer windows because of its transfer embargo.

One of the huns at work has been going on about this all day. He's convinced its going to happen as apparently they're a "bigger club" which would translate in his head as Fraser playing at a bigger level.  Despite the fact he'd be playing division 2 football at best.

They really are on a different planet!

One of the huns at work has been going on about this all day. He's convinced its going to happen as apparently they're a "bigger club" which would translate in his head as Fraser playing at a bigger level.  Despite the fact he'd be playing division 2 football at best.

They really are on a different planet!

Never mind that they're not allowed to sign anyone until next Christmas.

Funny how the S-hun story starts off by saying why this couldn't possibly happen, then goes on to print it anyway.

Fuck that tapping-up shiterag of a newspaper, fuck Rangers, and especially fuck Traynor whose greasy pawprints are all over this, cunt that he is.

Never mind that they're not allowed to sign anyone until next Christmas.

Funny how the S-hun story starts off by saying why this couldn't possibly happen, then goes on to print it anyway.

Fuck that tapping-up shiterag of a newspaper, fuck Rangers, and especially fuck Traynor whose greasy pawprints are all over this, cunt that he is.

Can sign free agents from 2nd September.