Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPL Young Player of the Month is....aka The Ryan Fraser Thread

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Probably GS, this means he's likely to go for next to fuck all as the compo is based on those things and the contract.

Oh well, another promising youngster goes elsewhere.

Have they no fucking clue? Have they not seen that hardly anyone goes to better things? Better money, yes, but better money and a fucking blazer.

Mulgrew, Anderson and McNaughton and erm, who?

I'm sure his agent's fee will be money well spent.

There seems be an assumption he's going to England . . . .

Aberdeen youngster Ryan Fraser has turned down the contract offer made to him by the Pittodrie Club.

Manager Craig Brown commented. "The Club made the player what was the best offer they possibly could and it's very disappointing that he has chosen to see his future elsewhere. It was indicated to the club that Ryan believes he is ready to play at a higher level than the SPL and I have to say I think that is the wrong decision. He would be far better to continue to learn his trade here with Aberdeen and I only want players here who are 100per cent committed to Aberdeen Football Club."

The 18 year old, who made his debut as a substitute against Hearts under Mark McGhee, has played two full competitive games for the club, having started 13 times this season with three appearances from the bench.

This is indicitative of why Scottish football is royally fucked.

What appears to be a half decent prospect, and first opportunity he has, he's off on the gravy train to the land of milk and honey.

Not going ot type anything more about him, other than the fact for his sake hope he is as good as he obviously believes he is, otherwise he'll be keeping Bebo company before he knows it

I just can't get my head round it. Are his parents pushing him into this, has nobody outside the club had a word of caution for him. He would have been on about £100k a year on his new contract. Even if he got another year under his belt and some international games at full or u21 level, then he'd have the pick of some decent Championship sides where he would feature every week. Instead he'll go and get lots of money for watching who ever he signs for and the odd run out in the League Cup

I just can't get my head round it. Are his parents pushing him into this, has nobody outside the club had a word of caution for him. He would have been on about £100k a year on his new contract. Even if he got another year under his belt and some international games at full or u21 level, then he'd have the pick of some decent Championship sides where he would feature every week. Instead he'll go and get lots of money for watching who ever he signs for and the odd run out in the League Cup

This +1