Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPL Young Player of the Month is....aka The Ryan Fraser Thread

Got to wonder why our 3 best youngsters have all decided to get out of the club first chance they got. Do they share the same agent or is there another reason. Why can United get their young players to  sign on until 21 or 22 yet we cannot?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bovvered.

We won't miss what we didn't have, and let's be honest he's only played a handful of games.  Good luck to the kid, he's gonna make a few quid, but if it were me I think I'd be looking at the bigger picture.

He was far too ugly to be a dons legend anyway.  ;)

Bovvered.

We won't miss what we didn't have, and let's be honest he's only played a handful of games.  Good luck to the kid, he's gonna make a few quid, but if it were me I think I'd be looking at the bigger picture.

He was far too ugly to be a dons legend anyway.  ;)

My sentiments exactly.  I'm pretty uncomfortable about the pedestal that some have put him on & £400k is not that bad a fee in my opinion.  If the rumoured £6k pw contract is true, then I make that the £250k compo plus £150k salary that he'll get over the next 6 months at Bournemouth, so it's a fair deal.

If the rumoured £6k pw contract is true, then I make that the £250k compo plus £150k salary that he'll get over the next 6 months at Bournemouth, so it's a fair deal.

sensible way of looking at it. and by fuck i'd be nervous about the future of my club if i was a fan of an average L1 team dishing out wages like that on young prospects!

Btw it sounds like pawlett will be coming back.

Craigy Broon: "I do not want to discuss if Peter Pawlett will come back until I have discussed the issue further with Peter, his dad, his agent and Steve Lomas. I will have a chat with Steve on Monday or Tuesday. We could just say your coming back but I want everyone to be comfortable with the decision."

This cunts hingers oan clearly have money more in mind.

...........than doing what at Aberdeen?

It's a shame to see another promising youngster leave but that is where we are at the moment.  Although I'm not over the moon I am glad to see that we're beginning to reap the rewards of the youth set up.

If we keep producing youngsters like these and making money from them then that can only be a good thing.  The simple facts are we cannot compete with the money down south but I'm quite happy if selling the odd youngster that means we're able to compete with teams in our own division.

Who knows, in a few years time when we've sold a few more and have a few more quid in the bank then we might start being able to hold onto the better ones?

Ok, you've got me, Bournemouth have that cracking record . . .

I could see the sense in the moves Grimmer and Fyvie made, EPL clubs and Wigan at least have a track record of playing good young players they've signed.

I'm no daft enough to think we're all that, clearly we're not and you make a very obvious point that we have to sell to survive but Bournemouth?  The English 3rd Division? He's a talented player, surely to fuck he could get a move somewhere, anywhere better? The point I made about money was that it seems a decision made purely about getting more of it, given Frasers stated aims of playing at a higher level presumably actually signing for a team that plays at a higher level would be give him a little more credibility.

Ryan Fraser tells why he had to leave Aberdeen FC

Teenager aims to shine at new club Bournemouth

By Sean Wallace

Published: 22/01/2013

RYAN Fraser today revealed he had to turn his back on Aberdeen FC to realise his ambition to reach the top.

The teenage winger snubbed a three-year contract to join ambitious League One outfit Bournemouth in a £400,000 deal.

Fraser admitted he was “honoured” to have played for his home city side, but the 18-year-old claimed Aberdeen FC had no chance of keeping him as it was his lifelong dream to play in England.

Bullcrap, he was always going to get to England in my opinion, this three and a half years in a period where he needs first team games and quality coaching. He might get the games at both clubs but no way Bournemouth have the experience we have in terms of coaches. Think he'd have got his move to the EPL in a year or two, he still might but think he was better off here in the meantime

Lifelong dream my fucking hoop.  If those words had come out of BigAl's gob you'd have had a certain amount of sympathy, because his has been a bloody long life.  But for some spotty fucking teen to play the 'lifelong dream' card, at the tender age of 18, when he's probably not even had a wet dream yet, is patronising in the extreme.

Wee nyaff.

• 1 month later...

AFC Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser was pleased to make his debut for the Cherries at the weekend following his move from Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen in January.

The 18 year old cost the Cherries in the region of £300,000 after Aberdeen opted to cash in on the highly rated youngster after Fraser had previously turned down a new contract offer at Pittodrie and was set to be out of contract at the end of the season.

Fraser had been linked with Premier League side Swansea and Championship side Huddersfield Town before the Cherries and Aberdeen agreed an undisclosed fee for the Scotland Under 19's international.

He signed a three and a half year deal at Dean Court, but had been forced to wait to make his debut after struggling with a hip problem.

The Scotsman made his long awaited debut as a second half substitute in the defeat to Sheffield United in front of his parents who had travelled from Scotland to see the game.

Fraser told afcb.co.uk...

'...It was pleasing to make my debut, but I would have rather the result had gone our way. I thought the lads deserved something, but it just didn`t happen for some reason."

"I'm hoping to get more of a run out and the hopefully get my first start soon. I hadn`t played for two months and had only trained around four times, so it was hard to get up to the pace, but I felt I did ok.

"Sheffield United came here and sat behind the ball, caught us out once and that was it...'