Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPL Young Player of the Month is....aka The Ryan Fraser Thread

Some of the vitriol on mad is unbelievable.

Fuck sake, it's up to him if he wants to make this move and although I agree it looks like he has been badly advised (dad?) as GD says they are definitely a club on the up and he will be sure of regular game time.

Given he has only played a handful of games for us he won't be a massive loss and we have plenty promising kids coming through.

Having said that I'll be sad to see him go and I think he is probably regretting his decision but Pawlett is more than capable of filling his boots (if he stays in one piece long enough) and we have plenty to look forward to.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like talks are in progress:

Aberdeen FC’s Fraser poised to go to Bournemouth

Ryan ready to discuss personal terms with Cherries

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 16/01/2013

RYAN Fraser was today in talks with Bournemouth after Aberdeen FC gave up on any hope of holding on to the teenage winger.

Fraser travelled south in time to watch the League One Cherries lose 1-0 to Premier League Wigan Athletic in an FA Cup replay.

He was poised to discuss personal terms with Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe after Aberdeen FC agreed a fee with the Dorset club for the winger, who rejected a new three-year contract with the club.

aye GS, some folk on MAD are taking it way too personally. Its disappointing that we've seen so little of this guy and I do think he's making the wrong decision. Time will tell I guess, I don't believe that Bournemouth will amount to much other than a flash in the pan.

According to the scotsman  a fee has been agreed, believed to be around £200,000.

Must be pish considering we'd be due 250,000 in compo come the summer. Unless we're getting considerably more we'd be mad to let him go early while we have a squad so prone to injuries.

Possibly a large sell on % if it is only £200k?

3.5 years at £6.5k a week?

Nae bad work if you can get it like.

Of course it is.  Good luck to the boy.  In all honesty when he ceases to be an Aberdeen player I couldn't give a toss where he goes, just hope for his sake he gets what he wants and that it really does make the difference he was hoping for.

And unfortunately we can't turn our noses up at £300k.

And as for all those booing him, well I personally wouldn't go that far but it's hardly offensive in the circumstances.

it's not turning our noses up at 300k though, it's turning our noses up at 50k to have a class player for an extra half a season.

this is utter shite if true.

Not sure we would get as much as £250K for Fraser under the compensation rules though. We only got just over that for Maguire who was a full international and 22 at the time. Fraser has not even been capped at U21 level, 3 years younger and has played a lot less than Maguire so we would be looking at a lot less cash.

thought we got close to, if not that for Grimmer?

If we are planning to use the cash in January then fair enough, but otherwise this is probably the most depressing bit of business we've ever done in my imo opinion.

As mizer mentioned, we'd surely have a hefty sell-on clause. but if then saw out his contract at b'mouth we'd get hee haw anyway.

Obscurity awaits for Ryan I fear. Okay, their a League 1 club which shows his ambition. They might get promoted but I really doubt he will get much of a game at Championship level at this stage of his career. I'll certainly not be booing him as I've never realised what that actually achieves.