Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

2 year deal for Milsom

AFC don't do deals longer than 2 years it would seem. Exactly why I couldn't tell you.

Milsom has never hidden the fact that he has some unfinished business down south. Not saying it is the rewason in this instance, but bearing that in mind, maybe the player stated he wouldn't sign on foir longer than two years. Whatever the facts behind, the extension of his deal is great news and a terrific signing for us. A good start to the building process for next season :thumbsup:

Player wishes aside (& I'm really pleased that Milton has signed), this 2yr contract business really pisses me off.

You can't build a team with it.

You get no value if any club comes in for them.

It is a fucking stupid way to run a football club!

Player wishes aside (& I'm really pleased that Milton has signed), this 2yr contract business really pisses me off.

You can't build a team with it.

You get no value if any club comes in for them.

It is a fucking stupid way to run a football club!

2 year deals seem to be becoming the norm though, and not just with AFC.

Gives playersagents the chance to be flexiblescrew money out of as many clubs as possible

Happy with this.

2 years seems to be about the maximum that any player or club is willing to commit to these days.

Football has become a game of short-termism. Moves are what make players, agents and clubs (occasionally) money.

Not too fussy about Maguire; he thinks he is a lot better than he is. Flatters to deceive in my opinion.

We still need to find that elusive 20-goal-a-season guy. Vernon might do it with better supply...

Be interesting to see where this leaves us midfield wise, Fyvie has already been touted by Brown as having a massive future at the club so him and Milsom would presumably be first choice, where would that leave Folly and Hartley though?

• 7 months later...

Milsom is being targeted by Championship clubs Burnley and Brighton and others according to the P & J.

He's our best player, arguably our only real quality. This will be a test of the board's ambition.

The gross debt was caused by gross mismanagement. To take the money would be to repeat the same mistake yet again.

Reduce the non-productive wagebill and invest in decent players might, just might get bums on seats.

An extra 5,000 per home game x 5 home games = half a million +.

Milsom has been awful this season. Unless he's going to go back to Central Midfield (i.e Ozzie or Arnie leave) then we should take any money offered.

Even when he has been CM this season he has been very poor. Nothing like the player trying to earn a contract last season.