Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

I know I don't tune in if the game doesn't feature Aberdeen there must be several thousand others like me and the same again for other non OF teams throughout the UK so I'd be interested what the projected difference between gaining that audience on top of all the Tims that will tune in to watch their team against losing the Hun subscriptions. An SPLTV isn't just going to show one game a week like ESPN or SKY do. I understand your point regarding advertising revenues dropping for a purely SPLTV station but I'd counter that by honestly saying I'd pay twice what I do for ESPN if Aberdeen were on once a month minimum. Add to that; what's to stop that business model buying UK rights for say the German or more pertinently some Eastern European leagues and generating additional subscriptions and advertising revenue from the UK's immigrant populations.

I also understand your points regarding accessible highlights programs and we are 15 years too late to that party but to not try seems defeatist. Also for kids is the standard of football really that important? Surely at that age its about establishing loyalties and gaining brand recognition. I also don't think there are Spanish games on Terrestrial TV either and there's no reason why a terrestrial highlights can't be timed to be after MOTD on a Sunday morning. I also realise there are very few homes without SKY nowadays.

I just consider this the ideal opportunity for the SPL to sort out the balance of power and try to implement positive change to the game. To not even try really is the death knell of Scottish football. I realise the jungle jims have never done anything for the good of Scottish football but standing up to them now without their bastard brothers to back them up could result in that ability to be taken away. And really who cares if they walk the league for the next 4 or 5 years minimum if at the end of it there is a chance (however slight that may be) that we end up with a more competitive league.

Lots of fair points there Baggy. The TV situation is a dodgy one though that i think we have to be careful with. It's not long since Setanta - an established Sports channel - went tits up. I have to be honest, if the Dons were only on once or twice a month, i'd go to the pub to watch it if I wasn't going to the game.

And as far as the kids thing goes... the standard of football may not matter on a technical level, but it certainly matters where "Stars" are concerned.  There is no Gordon Strachan, Charlie Nicholas or Eoin Jess at Pittodrie these days, hasn't been for nigh on 20 years and there are signs that there won't be one any time soon; that's what kids want.  When there is competition for their attentions such as there is with La Liga, EPL, Serie A... it's a tough sell.

You're right though, if something is going to change then this must be the time we at least try.  I'm just scunnered with Scottish football and expect nothing from it these days.  Hopefully this can be the start of the renaissance.

There's a lot of talk going on in here about leagues elsewhere, investment from abroad and attracting viewers from other catchment areas.

Scottish football has been dying slowly for years and I'd prefer if we just sorted out the game and concentrated on getting Scottish crowds back through the gates.

A fresh start with or without the Huns and Tims grabbing the lion's share is a start to that.  Just hope the governing bodies have the brains and balls to do something about it.

Lots of little hints here and there today in various media that the huns will continue as a club, and indeed as a force in Scottish football.

All this administration/liquidation hype will ultimately end in disappointment in my opinion, I don't know what they have up their sleeve but I've got a feeling they're going to come out of this debt free and 'clean' at the other end, probably with Whyte out of the picture completely.

The cunts.

The Scottish Premier League's new live television contract will be under threat should Rangers drop out of the top flight following administration.

Its TV deal includes a clause stipulating the participation of both Celtic and Rangers in the SPL.

Rangers' administrator must now agree a Company Voluntary Agreement with the Glasgow club's creditors.

Should it fail to do so, any new company taking the Rangers name would have to apply for re-admittance.

And that would be subject to a vote from the remaining 11 clubs.

At least four of those clubs are believed to be owed money by Rangers - Hearts for the £1.5m summer purchase of Scotland full-back Lee Wallace and Dundee United, Dunfermline Athletic and Inverness Caledonian Thistle for ticket sale proceeds.

The SPL announced a new five-year contract worth £80m in November and it is due to come into effect at the beginning of next season.

So in other words there is no prospect of the huns being anywhere other than the SPL next season because not enough SPL clubs would vote against them should it come to a vote on reinstating them.

The TV deal doesnt just require the participation of Rangers and Celtic, it actually stipulates that they will play eachother 4 times.

How can that be in the best interests of any league? How can that be fair? If either OF club were to be struggling and fighting for top 6 football how much pressure would be put on referees to help them? How much pressure is put on them to help from them day 1 in each season?

The media narrative is always going to be dependant on who the editors are paying the hacks to write for.

The only way the propaganda that rangers should be allowed to get away with this and continue as normal would be stopped is if a sizeable minority spoke out against it.

There isn't a sizeable minority of football fans/thinkers/writers in Scotland out with the OF, and Celtic ppl don't want to risk the cushy number they have now, so this is going to play out in the most awful way possible.

Even dandies believe the game is necessarily stronger with der hun (short term yes, but in terms of sustainable and equal development, not being bigger than one team - or one fixture even - means we can only be in a position of weakness) so the propaganda is always going to be that we should welcome them back with open arms.

Bullshit. If they cheat and get away with it then the game may continue in Scotland but it'll be completely dead to me.

One way or another, this is going to amount to the final nail in a coffin.

All of the Board of DAFC would like to express their concern and shock that a giant football club such as Rangers FC has gone into administration. The impact of this will be felt throughout Scotland, the UK and Europe and the Board and club would wish to convey their support to Rangers FC and hope that the club can find a way through this terrible time.

However, the direct impact to DAFC is not insignificant: Rangers FC are due DAFC in the region of £80,000 of gate receipts from Saturday's fixture which is obviously of extreme concern. This payment is no longer expected to be received by next Tuesday which would have been due to the club. This is a significant amount of money for a club such as DAFC to lose especially after losing £50,000 due to our game against Kilmarnock being postponed and will create some challenges for us over the coming months, these challenges are not insurmountable.

scottish football is not encouraging kids because

1- the highlights are on to late and a day before school

2- if kids are bombarded by top english games 24/7 on the telly they will start to support one of them as their first team not second teams like us (kids before used to support rangers, celtic or the dons now they support man u or the arsenal) says it all

3 - nowadays kids have other things to do on a saturday and also dont spend their youth playing footie on the streets/parks no more

4 - whats on offer also must have an impact

11-1 voting on some crucial issues can be eradicated, allowing the league to make decisions for the better of the majority instead of for the better of their two strongest sides. The NFL owners work to a motto of the league is only as strong as its weakest team. Something which provides a very competitive and successful league (In both financial and sporting terms)

An 11-1 (or is it a 10-1 given that there would be 11 teams left?) vote in favour of a liquidated and resurrected Rangers FC 2012 being admitted to the SPL would be proof it is at all needed that the clubs in the SPL have absolutely no interest in taking action to improve the standard.

A levelled-out playing field for a year or two will force clubs to focus on living within their own means.  It could conceivably mean that two or three big clubs may go to the wall with them but in the longer term a new order would rise.

Scottish football is far too rooted in traditionalism.  English football could conceivably have become accused of being the same without the advent of the Premiership in 1992.  They modernised and we didn't.  The much heralded but ultimately ill-fated ten-team Scottish Super League in the mid-90s could have capitalized upon the early success of the EPL at a time when there was money floating around the Scottish game and the national team was still qualifying for finals.  We failed to strengthen while in a position of strength.  It's the same old story in Scottish football.  Let them die and let all the other hangers-on go the same way.

Don't think there's any truth in it, although I hope there is  ;)

Most news sources saying there will be no sackings today and players/staff will learn more next week. Although the administrators have announced a press conference for 3.30pm so there might be something going on.

Anyone still got Aluko on twitter? I deleted him cause he's a hun.

REALLY hope this is true. If he is released he won't be able to play again this season. I presume we held his registration till the Huns signed him then the Huns held his registration so that makes two. Nae luck ye English Nigerian Catholic UVF sympathiser.

#careergoingdownthepanquickerthanyourclub

TBH be honest in Aluko's case I think he'll have done enough at Rangers to have improved his reputation and get a Championship club quite easily.)

But not until next season. We had a player on trial at Cheltenham whose registration had been held by two teams this season before the second paid his contract up. He is now without a club as no-one can sign him. Barnes-Homer I think it was.

Anyone still got Aluko on twitter? I deleted him cause he's a hun.

IN A way it was apt that Sone Aluko chose to go biblical on Twitter yesterday, for the events that are playing out in front of our eyes will have an end-of-the-world quality for many haunted Rangers supporters.

Aluko paraphrased from the Book of Romans, but with the Rangers finances in such a dizzying mess it might have been more appropriate had he quoted from the Book of Numbers instead.

He mentioned a passage that speaks of trials producing endurance, endurance developing character and character bringing hope. It was a message of optimism for the fans of his club who are losing faith in the future in these dismal days as well as a volley of defiance directed against those from across Glasgow who have sought to torment him with their gloating. “Bore off,” he told the cyber Celts on Twitter. No doubt every Rangers player with an account on social media would have had an online visitation from these people in these momentous past few days.