Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Films

manc_don

I am planning to go and see Argo on my next jaunt to the cinema!

Been on nightshift so this week, I have mostly been watching -

The Dark Knight Rises - Enjoyed it. Really good film.

American Pie: The Reunion - only stuck it on for a few laughs and I wanted something easy to watch at 3:30am. Did the job.

Ali - Really good film I thought. Really good performance from Will Smith and focused on Ali, not only as a boxer but as a husband and a religious man. Would recommend.

Terminator - Terminator 2 has to be one of my favourite films but I'd never seen Terminator. I enjoyed it and thought it was a cracking film! The ending where the Terminator has gotten rid of his Schwarznegger covering really shows it's age now but I can imagine it would have been brilliant in 1984!

• 2 weeks later...

Any cunt seen the Hobbit yet?

I'm meant to go see it at the weekend, but everyone i've spoke to says it's pish.

I haven't seen it. But I've actually not heard a bad word said about it. Admittedly they're all fucking Lord of the Rings nerd geeks knobs.

What i've heard is basically that LoRT fans enjoy the casual references to the LoRT films, but they've stretched the story longer than it needs to be.

Also meant to ask, any cunt watched it at "High Frame Rate" or whatever the fuck it's called?

Worth the extra cash? or not any different?

Saw The Hobbit last night, I enjoyed it.  It took a while to get going but there's some great scenes, particularly one between Gollum and Bilbo.  The 2 hours 50 minutes passed quite quickly which is good.

For any LOTR geeks, there seems to be a continuity problem as when we are told during the LOTR trilogy of how Bilbo originally acquired the one ring, that seems to have changed somewhat in the Hobbit!

I haven't seen it. But I've actually not heard a bad word said about it. Admittedly they're all fucking Lord of the Rings nerd geeks knobs.

I saw The Hobbit a couple of weeks ago in Aberdeen and it was fab tho admittedly I did read the book when I was 7 so could be classed as a Hobbit/LOTR/Harry Potter nerdy geek  ;D

Argo tonight was superb, was so tense throughout the whole film  :thumbsup: