Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Although in fairness did he not write off circa £9m of debt so that Motherwell could be 'debt free' after he had pumped them into administration, albeit after screwing a bunch of players in the process.

Aye, he wrote off debt, paid back a fucking pittance to creditors and sacked a squad of players. Fucking ran the place into the ground.

Utter arse.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching the SPL review on BBC Sport with Richard Gordon and Pat Nevin?

HA!  Yeah i did but it didnt mean i wasnt aware of it previously, got a good friend who's an arab and he's been bitching about how useless the midfield is without those two

Not my initial idea but someone said Newell was interested. great record at Luton and Grimsby, won a league, got grimsby to cup final all with no cash. Better track record than anyone else mentioned so far except Ferguson but I am not deluded enough to think that'll happen. Provided he stops ridiculous statements well worth an interview IMO

TF questioned standard, but McGhee did fuck all in their lower leagues and Black got going when motherwell got tough

Not my initial idea but someone said Newell was interested. great record at Luton and Grimsby, won a league, got grimsby to cup final all with no cash. Better track record than anyone else mentioned so far except Ferguson but I am not deluded enough to think that'll happen. Provided he stops ridiculous statements well worth an interview IMO

TF questioned standard, but McGhee did fuck all in their lower leagues and Black got going when motherwell got tough

I am not doing cartwheels at the prospect of McGhee but I think that to say that he did 'fuck all' in the English Lower leagues is a misrepresentation of the facts.

I think Mark McGhee or John Hughes as the only options highlights how insular and narrow minded we are.

If thiv nae played fir Aiberdeen or bin ah manahger in Scotland their nae yease!

I am seriously gonna lose the plot if he is appointed  :hammer:

And personally hunt down every single one of the JMG fuckers  >:D

The Pittodrie board met today to commence the search for a new manager to replace Jimmy Calderwood and Dons Director of Football Willie Miller has assured supporters that everything will be done to get the new man in situ as quickly as possible.

"The quality of candidate has been extremely high with a diverse geographic spread and we've begun the job of whittling down what was an extensive list which was quite an arduous task given the standard. Meetings will continue as we look to reduce that list even further and while speed is important in terms of preparations for next season, it is even more crucial that we select the right man for what is a massive role. However, as I've said, the quality of applicant is exceptional and we're confident that we will have the right man in place as soon as is practical."

I think too much weight is being put on Jager's attempts at winding people up.

I' sure your right, but its not going to stop me postin the following...

I hope it's neither the names I mentioned. Please let the board have more ambition than either of those no-marks.

Thats not to say that for those that think McGhee is the "ideal candidate", Yogi is not an "ideal second choice".

Bar McGhee's Aberdeen link what is the difference? Yogi had a decent second season in charge of Falkirk?

i don't think that WM is a mug and as it is him who is the main man in choosing the manager I just can't see it being John Hughes whose team has just avoided relegation this year. Of course I may be wrong, but I don't think so and I certainly hope I'm not. Jager is on the wind up.

I've decided it's Marco Tardelli.  Good player, cracking celebration, cool name. His managerial career doesn't really matter, cos if John Hughes's managerial career isn't being mentioned, then sure as fuck it's not an important aspect when deciding the Aberdeen Manager position  ::)

I've decided it's Marco Tardelli.  Good player, cracking celebration, cool name. His managerial career doesn't really matter, cos if John Hughes's managerial career isn't being mentioned, then sure as fuck it's not an important aspect when deciding the Aberdeen Manager position  ::)

Hmmm, interesting concept - in that case, I propose Andoni Goikoetxea  (alternatively known as the Butcher of Bilboa) - solid, uncompromising defender, cool name, hard as a hard thing  AND  actually has managerial qualifications and a decent resume.....

Pep Guardiolas previous managerial career did not really matter  ;)  cool name also by the way