Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our average attendance this season is higher than last.

Maybe but there were a lot of people saying they would not renew season tickets or even go back under calderwood.  This is what im getting at by saying we need to get people through the turnstiles.  I couldnt help but notice in the highlights that there were big spaces in the stands on sunday in what was a very big game.

If Levein gets the job then I hope they are able to refund season tickets.  Can't stand the cunt or his style of football.

Fair dues kow but i like him and his style.  Utd were playing some very decent football up till january when they lost their starting central midfielders flood and robertson, if you look at their results thats where they started to dip.

Im not keen on Billy Ried...

please god give us darren ferguson!!...

if we got darren ferguson, i would actively seek a new proffession to free up saturdays for football!! im sure alot of other people would come out the woodwork too!!! For the first time since this century...ie the last ten years AFC have a chance to play to and give there fans geniune excitement!!...

Surely Milne could push out the boat!!...

Ferguson would bring record crowds...

surely he'd be worth an extra penny or two!

if we got darren ferguson, i would actively seek a new proffession to free up saturdays for football!! im sure alot of other people would come out the woodwork too!!! For the first time since this century...ie the last ten years AFC have a chance to play to and give there fans geniune excitement!!...

I just looked up his record, its pretty good to be fair with promotion two years on the trot.   The only thing im wary about is the whole sentimental aspect of appointing him

Do you think he could handle the pressure? Imagine everyone expecting him to be as good as his dad was.

So 14k isn't healthy? You are correct it isn't massive but who said it was? Hivs had near enough no-one there. So, no, not massive but healthy.

Given what was at stake i dont think im totally out of line to expect 4000 more.  Hell if i hadnt had a once in a lifetime opportunity i was coming through and i am seriously skinters at the mo TF.   All im saying is i think its important to get a manager that the fans will back straight away to get season ticket sales up.

Two promotions on the trot, on a bit of a budget, heard barry fry speaking after the promotion and speaking about how low peterborough were b4 he took over, and he got rid of the dead wood, and demanded only young hungry players, rather than the highly paid, more profile players that were at the club...

the guys got the magic!!

he just does!!

Jump aboard the bandwagen!!! lets make it happen!

Bank holiday weekend, Sunday 1pm kick off perhaps had an effect on the numbers? The crowd looked bigger than 14k I'd have said, but Hibs definitely had a poor support. Bar Caley/Hearts at Christmas a couple of times, when else have we had attendances of 18k not against the OF? Not often I'd guess. And since 18k v. the OF is 14k Aberdeen fans, I'd suggest we did okay on Sunday.

I know extremely little about Darren Ferguson's managerial career but the cynic in me believes that the vast majority of people calling for him think he's going to be great because of his father...

With a support as fickle as ours, fuck knows who that would be. We usually only get about 18-19 k at best when the scum are in town and they bring 4k with them. Don't quite get the number tlg.

Aye but when the scum are in town its normally on the telly which keeps folk away.   Given the odds were pretty much with us to snatch europe from utd i thought we would have had 17 18 easy but maybe your right and im being a bit generous.  Who knows?  

Exactly and any manager coming here will need to run the club on a shoestring.

There was a manager who took a  team of bottom half of the table strugglers and got them to finish in the top 6, 5 years in a row, even took them into Europe a couple of times, all on a shoestring budget.

His name escapes me now.