Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so i feel somewhat out of the loop as i was down at the liverpool game, got offered a free ticket and lift down and back and thought why not. 

Anyway.

What i regard as important here is we fill the following criteria aside from the ability to actually coach and manage.

The new man knows scottish football, at the moment we are completely reliant on scottish players so we need someone who has experience of the scottish leagues and developing young players.

From the word go he needs to be someone the fans will unite behind.  One of JC's biggest problems was sections of the support were never convinced and attendances have suffered.  We need that money, its probably the biggest influence in JC getting shown the door.  The only way i can see this happening is if the new man has been here before and done well.

Way i see it is the only men mentioned that tick both box's are Strachan, Mcleish, Miller, Black or Mcghee and realistically its between Black and Mcghee.  My personal preference is Black but i will not be disapointed with Mcghee.  For the record i would love levein but i dont think he would come nor do i think the support would unite behind him

buying million pound players on a shoestring

Interesting idea, no wonder the banking system is cattle trucked! ;)

re Matteo. IF he's highly regarded down south, I would imagine he won't be waiting on the call from AFC. But finishing 3rd and not getting to the finals of the play offs after finishing well ahead of the team that won the final?

Bottle? Crash? I heard it from here.

For the record i would love levein but i dont think he would come nor do i think the support would unite behind him

If Levein gets the job then I hope they are able to refund season tickets.  Can't stand the cunt or his style of football.

One of JC's biggest problems was sections of the support were never convinced and attendances have suffered.  We need that money, its probably the biggest influence in JC getting shown the door.  The only way i can see this happening is if the new man has been here before and done well.

Our average attendance this season is higher than last.

Ricky Sbragia? - No. I think by all accounts, he is more a part of the back room staff and prefers it that way.

Kevin Blackwell? - Not seen enough of him.

Joe Kinnear? - No!

Aidy Boothroyd? - Again, not seen enough of him but did relatively well with Watford I believe.

I do not want McGhee in charge. What worries me if we don't appoint him is the fact he is the 'peoples choice'. We all saw how hard it was for Jimmy with many people not liking him for a lot more than football reasons. Gonna be a lotta folk on their high horse if the club don't do as their told.