Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really wish the internet would fuck off. 

If you had been at church today they'd just have said that Pope Benedict (why Benedict? I had £20 he was going to call himself Gregory) was 200/1 for the Sellick job, and this was ridiculous as he only wants to be a No.2 anyway...

I wasn't going to ask the priest I was going to ask Billy Brown's brother-in -law  ;D

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/papersDetail/0,,10284~1677582,00.html

Official Site: What the papers say

No mention of Avril but a couple of McGhee - I think we will see McGhee unveiled this week.

I believe we may see McGhee unveiled tomorrow.  I also think Stephen Hughes may be signed for us, which would be a positive thing.

Get praying then Mr B  :thumbsup:

Honestly, Ms H, me and he have reached a compromise these days  :thumbsup: 

(he's agreed Jim Jeffries will be nowhere near the job, I've agreed not to upstage him in mass again...  ;) )

No doubt he's out of our league now, given that he interviewed for the West Ham job and is being linked with Monaco, but I think John Collins wouldn't be a bad appointment. Likes to play good football, and would hopefully sort out the drink culture at the club. However, left Hibs due to money issues, and doubtful we'd be able to offer him anything more.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/papersDetail/0,,10284~1677582,00.html

Official Site: What the papers say

No mention of Avril but a couple of McGhee - I think we will see McGhee unveiled this week.

Was wondering, for a minute there, why a few people were referring to Craig Levein as "Avril"

... until I said it out loud: "Avril Levein" - nice, I like it!  :thumbsup:

The Aberdeen board of directors met again over the weekend and a shortlist of candidates is now being worked through by director of football Willie Miller, who has been told by chairman Stewart Milne to carry out detailed background checks on all the candidates. But a name not on that list is Dundee United manager Craig Levein.

The atmosphere between Levein, who has two years remaining on his contract, and his Tannadice chairman Steven Thomson has been strained in recent weeks.

But the former Scotland international defender’s agent John Colquhoun rejected talk of a move north to Pittodrie. Colquhoun said: “Craig is not in a position to be considered for the job at Aberdeen and I would not have thought he would be in their thoughts.â€

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1241548/?UserKey=

I get the feeling now that AFC are holding off approaching McGhee until the Celtic job is taken. If we approach now and he makes us wait, holding out for that job, the fans will turn against him and AFC will have lost their number 1 target. Either that or we have approached him, he's making us wait and the board and McGhee have agreed to keep quite on any contact to avoid the fans turning on him.

I can't see any other reason why we've gone over a week since sacking JC and we've still not made an official approach for obviously our first target.

I won't be at all surprised if there's no developments concerning our new manager until the Celtic job is resolved.

I get the feeling now that AFC are holding off approaching McGhee until the Celtic job is taken. If we approach now and he makes us wait, holding out for that job, the fans will turn against him and AFC will have lost their number 1 target. Either that or we have approached him, he's making us wait and the board and McGhee have agreed to keep quite on any contact to avoid the fans turning on him.

I can't see any other reason why we've gone over a week since sacking JC and we've still not made an official approach for obviously our first target.

I won't be at all surprised if there's no developments concerning our new manager until the Celtic job is resolved.

Thats a very good point actually. I'm quite surprised that Smeltic haven't actually sorted this out already. But it certainly makes sense since we've not heard a peep.

Pretty much what was being reported on BBC Radio Scotland this morning.

McGhee wants to go to Celtic and Aberdeen want McGhee. Whether it has been said or its just speculation it is going to cause some annoyance among our fans. Despite the fact we all know the Celtic job is a bigger role and he is obviously going to want to go there.

Also said that Hibs are after Hughes. Moving from Brazil1980 to Brazil1970 could be a big move for him. My Hibs contact, although admittedly not a good one says Calderwood for ER.

Thats a very good point actually. I'm quite surprised that Smeltic haven't actually sorted this out already. But it certainly makes sense since we've not heard a peep.

RE ra Cellic, an approach been made for Martinez...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8076867.stm

Hopefully they get this out of the way so we can get moving!

Only if you want McGhee at Todders next season. :hammer:

I'd say McGhee is 90% certain to be our boss next season. Seems Celtic are not interested in him or they wouldn't be going after Martinez. Just a matter of time.

Can someone please tell me why McGhee would be a good choice, just a couple of reasons, as at the moment I don't understand why people are wetting themselves at the thought of him being the gaffer of Aberdeen.

Thoughts

He's no better than Calderwood

Aidy Boothroyd is my choice.

Thought.

AIdy Boothroyd or Avram Grant

I only read this forum dave_man, which ones do you read, you just sound like a Mcghee fanboi.  Boothroyd is where it's at.

Aidy Boothroyd with Windass as assistant manager

Boothroyd is unemployed (that rhymed hehe) i think, he fits the bill.

I would like to see Aidy Boothroyd appointed along with someone who's been at the club as a player.  Boothroyd has had some time out of the game and surely a club like Aberdeen would be tempting for him.  What are your thoughts on Boothroyd.

Christ all fucking mighty man, you like Boothroyd, we've fucking got it.