Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's certainly a lot of people who seem certain Levein will be announced tomorrow.

I just don't believe it though, I don't see what's in it for him but I would be happy with him as manager.

I just get the feeling everyones "source" is the same joker who's getting their own back for the whole Porterfield rumour maybe?

I'm a tad undecided about Levein. For someone who was a fairly cultured centre half (and a very good one at that) his team's can be pretty hideous to watch. His Hearts team should have been done for crimes against football.  If he's going to come to us, he can bring Margaro Gomis with him.  Just as long as Lee Wilkie and Darren Dods remain in Dundee...

Don't shoot me down or anything but every time i've seen Wilkie play recently he has been one of their best players and would probably be good along side Diamond, expereince and great in the air, let Diamond deal with the shit on the ground, onyl worry is his Knees (or lack of), would also love Gomis here like.

We'll be playing quidditch in no time.

We'll be playing what now?

Don't shoot me down or anything but every time i've seen Wilkie play recently he has been one of their best players and would probably be good along side Diamond, expereince and great in the air, let Diamond deal with the shit on the ground, onyl worry is his Knees (or lack of), would also love Gomis here like.

Never rated the guy. Remember Mackie ripping him to pieces at Dens Park at Christmas a few years ago and Wilkie ended up being sent off. As he went off he motioned to us that he thought we were all tits.  Which is fair enough, but we weren't the ones who had just been embarrassed by Darren Mackie, ye know?

Regarding Joe 90, We'll just have to wait and see.... 5 or 6 days ago, rumours abound that McGhee had already been installed.

If Levein gets the job, I can't see much changing... we might do better in the cup but that is all.  I'd have rather saved the money and kept fatty.

Never rated the guy. Remember Mackie ripping him to pieces at Dens Park at Christmas a few years ago and Wilkie ended up being sent off. As he went off he motioned to us that he thought we were all tits.  Which is fair enough, but we weren't the ones who had just been embarrassed by Darren Mackie, ye know?

Aye, i remember that but sometimes you see him against us and we win nothing in the air the whole day, Levein is good at getting his defendering in to a schooling style where they just make their opponent look very, very poor.  Pace against Wilkie is always going to win, no matter how shit the person with pace is.

Regarding Joe 90, We'll just have to wait and see.... 5 or 6 days ago, rumours abound that McGhee had already been installed.

If Levein gets the job, I can't see much changing... we might do better in the cup but that is all.  I'd have rather saved the money and kept fatty.

And yet the performances in the cup is what essentially lost JC his job.  A solid league placing with cup success? It would be worth all the money it cost to get rid of JC and his two mates if we got silverware back at Pittodrie.

Aye, i remember that but sometimes you see him against us and we win nothing in the air the whole day, Levein is good at getting his defendering in to a schooling style where they just make their opponent look very, very poor.  Pace against Wilkie is always going to win, no matter how shit the person with pace is.

I'd suggest that's more to do with our players (both the supply and the target) than Wilkie being the Dundee version of Alex McLeish.

I'd suggest that's more to do with our players (both the supply and the target) than Wilkie being the Dundee version of Alex McLeish.

WOAH a minute, never said he was anything like McLeish, infact I couldn't do that as I've only ever seen videos of him but I think Wilkie is a decent defender considering his injuries and I think that he'd do well next to Diamond, i doubt he'd come as he seems to hate us with a passion.

WOAH a minute, never said he was anything like McLeish, infact I couldn't do that as I've only ever seen videos of him but I think Wilkie is a decent defender considering his injuries and I think that he'd do well next to Diamond, i doubt he'd come as he seems to hate us with a passion.

Never said you did wise guy.

Never said you did wise guy.

Ahh but with you chucking in McLeishes name you had me thinking "When did i post saying that, was i drunk?"  I hate questioning myself, it always ends up with me being sectioned for a week or two.

was he not appointed a director at UTD before Eddie T died? Why the hell would he leave a comparable package plus dividends to join us ,where he will have less to spend than he has done for the last few seasons and arguably more pressure.

Sounds like pub bollocks ::)

This has to be a wind up. If not? Very underwhelming.

Compared to some (many) of the names mentioned in this thread I'd be delighted to get Levein.  Damage limitation.  Most of us on this site were well aware that getting rid of Jimmy was a massive gamble, not because he was a brilliant manager but because it was always going to be very difficult to find a quality replacement who would be willing to take on the job.  All the afc-chatters who have been championing Mark McGhee since this mess started clearly didn't consider the possibility that he might not want to come here.

Nor might anyone else on their wish list.

This is why I'm dreading waking up one morning in the not too distant future and seeing a headline with the words Hughes/Brewster/Butcher/Jeffries/Williamson confirmed as new dons boss.

Compared to some (many) of the names mentioned in this thread I'd be delighted to get Levein.  Damage limitation.  Most of us on this site were well aware that getting rid of Jimmy was a massive gamble, not because he was a brilliant manager but because it was always going to be very difficult to find a quality replacement who would be willing to take on the job.  All the afc-chatters who have been championing Mark McGhee since this mess started clearly didn't consider the possibility that he might not want to come here.

Nor might anyone else on their wish list.

This is why I'm dreading waking up one morning in the not too distant future and seeing a headline with the words Hughes/Brewster/Butcher/Jeffries/Williamson confirmed as new dons boss.

I really can't see that happening CTS.  It's obviously possible that certain managers may not take it, but I think it would take a rather strange set of circumstances for all the "A-List Candidates" NOT to want and then take the job.  I can fully empathise with your "damage limitation" comment re Levein. Certainly not someone I'd necessarily want off the bat, but he's a damn sight better than so many being mentioned.

I really can't see that happening CTS.  It's obviously possible that certain managers may not take it, but I think it would take a rather strange set of circumstances for all the "A-List Candidates" NOT to want and then take the job.  I can fully empathise with your "damage limitation" comment re Levein. Certainly not someone I'd necessarily want off the bat, but he's a damn sight better than so many being mentioned.

I'm trying not to be too negative BB, just nerves getting the better of me.  It's no secret that I think it was a mistake to get rid of JC, but I want more than anything for the club to get this one right.  I just don't want to see us go backwards again.

I watched an episode of South Park last week when they lost the internet

Fuck all you guys would spontaneously combust if that happened and you couldn't endlessly debate the manager position

;)

If I had been at church today I would have asked my source for some inside info.........................but I was at Loch Lomond instead  ;D

I'm trying not to be too negative BB, just nerves getting the better of me.  It's no secret that I think it was a mistake to get rid of JC, but I want more than anything for the club to get this one right.  I just don't want to see us go backwards again.

Totally understandable, there is a real edgy feel about things at the moment and again I echo your sentiments re the importance of this appointment.  It's always a horrible time this, I remember seeing on an Evening Times billboard that Alex Miller had been appointed as our manager after Aitken, I remember kind of slowing down in the street and wanting to take a temper tantrum there and then.  

I think I love you.  :-*

Well, I know I love you despite knowing you're a joyless cunt.  I knew you'd cave in eventually....

I watched an episode of South Park last week when they lost the internet

Fuck all you guys would spontaneously combust if that happened and you couldn't endlessly debate the manager position

;)

If I had been at church today I would have asked my source for some inside info.........................but I was at Loch Lomond instead  ;D

I really wish the internet would fuck off. 

If you had been at church today they'd just have said that Pope Benedict (why Benedict? I had £20 he was going to call himself Gregory) was 200/1 for the Sellick job, and this was ridiculous as he only wants to be a No.2 anyway...