Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm spending my time in Livi/Edinburgh organising a funeral, I've heard that "Sturrock wants to come back to Scotland and would "enjoy" the challenge of Aberdeen" and John Collins will give up Monaco for Parkheid

From a couple of gossips I know, one of whom is a cellic fan the others are jambos/hibees

I'm not convinced by McGhee. He's an okay manager, but we don't need an "okay" manager. We need someone who is going sustain JC's good work of keeping us in the top 4, but rebuild our cup ambitions.

I very much doubt McGhee would be able to keep us in the top four. Hell, I think we would struggle to remain in the top six after a couple of seasons under his guidance.

Black would be the more obvious choices that we can afford. But I would love us to give Darren Ferguson a good shot. Yeah sure he's brought Posh up two divisions in succession. But surely the chance to manage a club in Europe in a completely new league (whilst still in Britain) would appeal to him. Not to mention the fact that he'd be walking the halls his father helped build (metaphorically speaking).

I'm not convinced by McGhee. He's an okay manager, but we don't need an "okay" manager. We need someone who is going sustain JC's good work of keeping us in the top 4, but rebuild our cup ambitions.

I very much doubt McGhee would be able to keep us in the top four. Hell, I think we would struggle to remain in the top six after a couple of seasons under his guidance.

Black would be the more obvious choices that we can afford. But I would love us to give Darren Ferguson a good shot. Yeah sure he's brought Posh up two divisions in succession. But surely the chance to manage a club in Europe in a completely new league (whilst still in Britain) would appeal to him. Not to mention the fact that he'd be walking the halls his father helped build (metaphorically speaking).

You certainly don't sound unconvinced about McGhee, your mind seems to be pretty much made up?

Not that I'm particularly in favour of Dingus, but what has Black ever done in management that makes him a more obvious choice?

You certainly don't sound unconvinced about McGhee, your mind seems to be pretty much made up?

Not that I'm particularly in favour of Dingus, but what has Black ever done in management that makes him a more obvious choice?

Just what I was thinking WTR.

Feck all is pretty much the answer.

Agreed. He's not really done much good OR much bad in football management so far. Black would definitely be a sentimental move, as would McGhee.

There's an element of Fergie being that too, but he's at least proven that he can build winning teams. And, from what I read, pretty exciting attacking teams too!

Agreed. He's not really done much good OR much bad in football management so far. Black would definitely be a sentimental move, as would McGhee.

There's an element of Fergie being that too, but he's at least proven that he can build winning teams. And, from what I read, pretty exciting attacking teams too!

McGhee has at least GOT a track record in management and out of 2 seasons in Scotland had a belter of a first.

I just don't think McGhee is the answer to our long-term prayers. Whilst he may very well get our team playing well to begin with, I fear he may well drop off within a couple of years and we end up back at square one in terms of looking for a manager and the JIGgers saying "told you we should've kept the Jimmies"

I was neither in the JIG camp nor the JMG camp.

But I'm wise enough to realise that these two camps DID and still do exist. Just like capitalism and communism ... just cos I know they exist and know what each stands for, doesn't mean I subscribe to either of their values.

"JIGgers"? Thought you were above that Reekie  :-\

I also have a feeling that the "I told you so" moment may come alot sooner than 2 years time... all depends on who we get in as manager and how long they stay about.

There is no element of 'depends' for you though as you know exactly who it is  :P

But I'm wise enough to realise that these two camps DID and still do exist. Just like capitalism and communism ... just cos I know they exist and know what each stands for, doesn't mean I subscribe to either of their values.

I'm yet to meet somebody do describe JC as 'god' and i've even met his wife

Problem with McGhee is that at every club he's been at the first season's been fantastic and then nada. Upside of him coming would be that he's in a position to persuade some of the good youngsters at Motherwell (Clarkson, Hughes and Quinn for example), to see the error of their ways and join whatever club he's appointed to. Black on the other hand has a lot of experience in coaching and scouting for clubs in the Premiership and might be well enough connected to bring a bit of talent that wasn't quite up to the standard of that particular league to the SPL.

Both would be better than Jeffries. The very thought has me reaching for the sick bag!

I know exactly who it's rumoured to be - same way as my story about Jimmy going was still just a rumour. Even players can get info wrong and my mate could be on the wind up. You'll find out tomorrow though - breath easy, it's not Jim Jefferies

I guess McGhee with Neale Cooper. I've heard the BBC are about to run with Coyle for Celtic.

Better.

If it's a club that will offer more than us to stay that kinda rules out McGhee, surely to fuck they cannae match our wages?

There was some horseshit from Boyle about having fought off Hearts last season and being ready to fight us off. He may be ready to dip into his pockets to keep him. He has spent recklessly before.

There was some horseshit from Boyle about having fought off Hearts last season and being ready to fight us off. He may be ready to dip into his pockets to keep him. He has spent recklessly before.

This is true, this cunt has form.

Why isn't there any "appropriate person" criteria to be a club chairman in Scotland? There can't be if that cunt is allowed.

Why isn't there any "appropriate person" criteria to be a club chairman in Scotland? There can't be if that cunt is allowed.

You would need an appropriate person criteria above that at the sfa and spl, and they're a bunch of eejits too.

You would need an appropriate person criteria above that at the sfa and spl, and they're a bunch of eejits too.

You'd think that running a club almost out of business would make you an "Inappropriate" person.

Fuck, Peter Ridsdale shouldn't be allowed a slate at a fucking paper shop and he's managed to get back into it at Cardiff!

Although in fairness did he not write off circa £9m of debt so that Motherwell could be 'debt free' after he had pumped them into administration, albeit after screwing a bunch of players in the process.