Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who do we want as manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mentioned Steve Nicol in the past got to the MLS final 2 years running and somthing like 3 years out of 4 but never won it. His team seems to have gone off the boil recently though.

He was supposedly the stupidest footballer at Anfield for ten years or so until Jason McAteer signed.  Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good manager, but that statement always springs to mind when he's mentioned. That, and his miss v Uruguay.  I mean, really, how was that possible?

I'd be happy wi Mixu on the coaching staff somewhere - he seemed to get too stressed, when his main attribute as a player was always his enthusiasm for the game! Think he would be a great addition to the set-up though

I'm sure any pro footballer would hate to hear that about themselves! That's the sort of thing you'd say about Derek Young if you were pushed for an attribute!

paatelinen could play a bit though - was more to say he did play as if he enjoyed the game. never really see young wi a smile on his coupon do you? could be a worse thing to teach our kids, no? play the game without fear!

There's a difference to playing the game without fear and playing it with an expression on your face that makes you look a gormless idiot.  Couldn't give a fuck what expression is on their faces, as long as they can play football.  Mixu's best years certainly weren't with us, and out of the forwards at that time, he was certainly the weakest, and I'm not too convinced about his managerial attributes either.

If what some of you guys are saying on here is true and  Aberdeen knew/sacked calderwood before the last game i would think they would have had this wrapped up by now

Unless their original target has said no,  Or maybe they are waiting or the cup final is over to appoint Hughes or the original target is also now wanted by Celtic and has not committed until he sees whats happening there..

Or do you think this is still open case and a few are in with a shout

That Mixu may have been the weakest forward of his time is a sign of the times. He was still better than Lee Miller is trying to be. He was an absolute nightmare for defenders and actually chipped in with goals.

But no, I don't want him as manager. 

Hibee friend of mine saying that his tactics were absolutely baffling.

Did nothing of note with Hibs so it's a no from me.

I think, even mentioning Paatelinen, indicates the lack of real quality of the candidates mentioned so far.

Hibee friend of mine saying that his tactics were absolutely baffling.

Did nothing of note with Hibs so it's a no from me.

I think, even mentioning Paatelinen, indicates the lack of real quality of the candidates mentioned so far.

I bumped into a Hibee around November time, and at that time, he would have swapped him for Calderwood no question. Think there may have been something of a divide in the support, between those wanting him out and those willing to give him more time.

I bumped into a Hibee around November time, and at that time, he would have swapped him for Calderwood no question. Think there may have been something of a divide in the support, between those wanting him out and those willing to give him more time.

It certainly appears so -  606: DEBATE

Well the Mixu haters have their way - I think he deserved a further season to get his own men in

BBC Sport.

Yeah didn't they have a protest outside the ground? It was pretty close to a physical confrontation between the MMGs and the MIGs is what I heard. I think the MMGs forced him to step down.

Guest Nellie The Don

I'm starting to get the feeling that no matter who gets that job, our fans will say 'NO! THAT'S WRONG FFS!'. as long as the football is entertaining and we don't become altogether shite, i'll be happy.

i heard this morning that levein is already in place and will be announced tomorrow , just a rumour i heard don't know if there is any truth in it .

Was told the same thing today. A bit indifferent if its true. Would prefer if we went for someone outside the box so to speak, and Aidy Boothroyd would have been a good shout.

i heard this morning that levein is already in place and will be announced tomorrow , just a rumour i heard don't know if there is any truth in it .

Would love that, great eye for players and seems to always plan for 3-4 seasons at a time.

Few lads on DU-mad said Levein had a fall out with Thomson over the budget.

:o

I'm a tad undecided about Levein. For someone who was a fairly cultured centre half (and a very good one at that) his team's can be pretty hideous to watch. His Hearts team should have been done for crimes against football.  If he's going to come to us, he can bring Margaro Gomis with him.  Just as long as Lee Wilkie and Darren Dods remain in Dundee...