Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee Utd vs Aberdeen

I dunno why but today i have fresh optimism.  I think its going to be a cup tie of a game and we are really going to go at them.  Therefore i would like to revise my prediction and say 2-1 aberdeen

On the Dons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given the way we played in our last cup game I would be worried if they treated this as a cup tie.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win at home on Tuesday coupled with a Celtic win against Dundee United and it sets it up nicely for the last 2 games.

Surely if Kerrs red for dissent is as bad a decision as being made out elsewhere it will be overturned on appeal ??

Guest Nellie The Don

Surely if Kerrs red for dissent is as bad a decision as being made out elsewhere it will be overturned on appeal ??

And if it wasn't (a bad decision) he should be fined by the club.

A win at home on Tuesday coupled with a Celtic win against Dundee United and it sets it up nicely for the last 2 games.

Surely it can only be overturned if the ref says he made a mistake which in this case would mean kerr didnt call him a cunt so the red card was basically a sign that he had lost the plot and was trying to 'stamp' his authority with a big over reaction...ie he is incompetant and shouldnt be a referee in any league be it pro, or sunday.

Swine flu has more chance of wiping out the human race

Just in, what a cracking game, one of the best I've seen this season.

They had the best of the first half, but Miller's goal was excellent.

But in the second half we were all over them.  Some great stuff from Aluko and Vidal but we just couldn't score (typical) - but it certainly wasn't for the lack of pressure, we really did play very well in the 2nd half.  That was all nipped in the bud when Kerr got sent off, we had no idea what for until hearing reports on the radio on the way back.  It was a case of hanging on after that.  :hammer:

Foster played the 2nd half as a centre half  :o after Mair went off at half-time (injured?) as we had no centre-halfs on the bench, and he had a great game, probably between him and Aluko for MOTM.

Foster played the 2nd half as a centre half  :o after Mair went off at half-time (injured?) as we had no centre-halfs on the bench, and he had a great game, probably between him and Aluko for MOTM.

Which struck me when seeing the team, any word on Considine? Was he dropped completely for his poor performance on last Saturday?

Ricky Foster, late contender for player of the season?!  :o

Just in, what a cracking game, one of the best I've seen this season.

They had the best of the first half, but Miller's goal was excellent.

But in the second half we were all over them.  Some great stuff from Aluko and Vidal but we just couldn't score (typical) - but it certainly wasn't for the lack of pressure, we really did play very well in the 2nd half.  That was all nipped in the bud when Kerr got sent off, we had no idea what for until hearing reports on the radio on the way back.  It was a case of hanging on after that.  :hammer:

Aye Mizer phoned me to tell me of the shocking news! But seems like (bar his aparent weak back header? ) he seemed to cope quite well? Good on him. How did Vial do at Right Back? All in all, it sounded like a good and entertaining game on the radio. Apparently about 2000 reds there? Decent turn out for a midweek game.

Good game which I think we'd have won if Kerr hadn't been sent off.  It would be interesting to hear exactly what he said to the ref to be given such a harsh punishment.

Credit to Foster for now having played in every position except for goalkeeper and doing a decent job of it.  Why didn't Jimmy try him at centre back when Anderson left? :-\

Was a good game to watch and thought we did well. We were ripping them when Kerr got pinged and would possibly have gone on to win the game. The last 15 was very even, it was hard to tell we were a man down. I though Vidal was superb going forward, put in some lovely balls. Unlucky not to end up with 3 points but an encouraging display.

Pretty much my thoughts. Held on a bit for a good bit of the first half but dominated the second. Kerr should be shot. Langfield, Foster, Aluko, Seve, Miller and Maguire played well, some were excellent. Mulgrew and Duff were fucking diabolical, really fucking awful abject performances.

Just in:

Thought we played ok in the first half, very good in the second.

Having everyone pay at the gate was even worse than your worst nightmares!!?

From my poor view, Severin - First half performance was fantastic, just wish he could show it more often.

Second half - Vidal, he was a class above?

Kerr?? No idea, I wasn't sure it was even Kerr until Mizer cleared it up for me, If he hadn't gone off I think we could have nicked it.

But all in all, good performance, still inwith a shout for 4th, but still, can't wait for the season to be over.

Just walked in the door as the corner for Millers goal was taken. Good, entetaining game.

Langfield blatently hates Utd. Goal went in and he was going crazy.

Was gutted I just got my phone out when DUNDEE HAS THE SWINE FLU, DUNDEE HAS THE SWINE FLU NA NA NA NA ended to record it :( But I got one of the Celtics #2 towards Zaluska ;D

Like the view that is coming across - If Kerr wasnt sent off we probably would of won.

Anybody see why was Miller booked? I thought it was going to be a straight red since the assistant was the one who seen it and their player was down.

EDIT Just watched the highlights, an old woman steward gets the square in the ball in the face right at the end :rofl2::rofl:

Was gutted I just got my phone out when DUNDEE HAS THE SWINE FLU, DUNDEE HAS THE SWINE FLU NA NA NA NA ended to record it :( But I got one of the Celtics #2 towards Zaluska ;D

You missed #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8 then  :hammer:

Thought we were poor first half, Mulgrew especially. Second half was quite exciting with Aluko the stand out and Foster doing a good job at CB. Was disappointed we started time wasting playing for the draw at the end.

Yet again another poor performance from officials last night, at one point the ref couldn't even work out which Dundee Utd player he needed to speak to, and when he did identify him he seemed to be asking him out on a date.  The standard of refereeing in Scotland is worse than the the Norwegian league!  ;)

Guest ally s

Mulgrew and Severin at fault for their goal. At least Mulgrew provides something going forward, Severin can GTF to the Blue Square Premier.

Pish

Seve had a very good game last night and as I've said previously has contributed a lot towards our impressive defensive record this season.

Mulgrew and Severin at fault for their goal. At least Mulgrew provides something going forward, Severin can GTF to the Blue Square Premier.

Mulgrew could of been a bit more aware of where Robertson was but Seve couldnt of done anything

You missed #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8 then  :hammer:

I never heard them, saying that I probably just thought it was Celtics #2 again

First half last night reminded me why I had not been to a game since mid March as we were awful. 2nd half reminded me why I have been so frustrated this season. Played well but failed yet again to create any clear cut chances other than a few long range efforts.

Ref was poor last night. Got a lot of decisions wrong in both directions.

Yet again another poor performance from officials last night, at one point the ref couldn't even work out which Dundee Utd player he needed to speak to, and when he did identify him he seemed to be asking him out on a date.  The standard of refereeing in Scotland is worse than the the Norwegian league!  ;)

That would have been hilarious if you were a neutral, unfortunelty he was just a clown with an Oompa Loompa as a linesman.

I never heard them, saying that I probably just thought it was Celtics #2 again

You missed out on the counting up fun!