Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

New stadium thread

I believe the gobshite in charge of the labour group used to be on involved with Cove rangers, got booted out and is now involved with Banks O Dee. Short sighted parochialism at its grandest.

I used to miss Aberdeen, I really did, but I have been awa now for about ten years, and with this utter shower in control (again), I am glad i pay no council tax to this contemptable bunch. Its like an abused wife continually returning to the abusive husband. Awful.

here

http://www.dpea.scotland.gov.uk/

and failing that you go straight to Alex Salmond and co.

If they can force through the shitehole of the beach retail and leisure park then they can certainly have a pop at this one

Fit di ye mean like?

I think a defunct woolies and a pets at home which no one visits is the be all and end all of a retail experiance. And as for the "carnies" wow. Vegas is all hype in comparison. Truly, two sites of architectural beauty.

According to Milne, no...

According to planning regulations NO

Stadiums need to meet a certain standard when it comes to access roads and parking etc. Calder Park will be accessed from a shared road which will split the cost of upgrading the existing road and roudabouts between cove and Aberdeen. The several hundred parking spaces in the complex will also be used by the stadium.

Take out Calder Park and the stadium master-plan and the feasibility study can be called in to question

I believe the gobshite in charge of the labour group used to be on involved with Cove rangers, got booted out and is now involved with Banks O Dee. Short sighted parochialism at its grandest.

I used to miss Aberdeen, I really did, but I have been awa now for about ten years, and with this utter shower in control (again), I am glad i pay no council tax to this contemptable bunch. Its like an abused wife continually returning to the abusive husband. Awful.

Cunts were kicked out for running the council into the ground, the snp/lib dems get the city finance back on an even keel and then the Labour lot are voted back in again to fuck the place up all over again. People are fucking idiots.

Aberdeen Chairman Stewart Milne has given his initial reaction to Aberdeen City Council's decision to vote against the continuation of the Calder Park sports complex development.

"Disappointment and frustration do not come close to how my colleagues and I are feeling right now.

"As was made crystal clear, the Calder Park development has been designed as part of the master planning exercise to be completely integral with the new AFC stadium at Loirston and this decision has effectively also killed off that development.

"What makes the turn of events even more galling is that the potential alternative use of Calder Park proposed by the current administration has already been confirmed as a non-starter by both the Scottish Football Association and sportscotland and any sensible minded person must surely question what exactly the motivation behind this decision is.

"We also note that the Tories and Independents voted with Labour which confirms our earlier concerns about cross party whip being invoked.

"Without wishing to scaremonger in any way, the implications of this completely illogical verdict could have major implications for both AFC and indeed Cove Rangers and right now, the Board require some time to discuss both the consequences of the judgement and what our next move is likely to be."

This wouldn't be a good thing but I wonder if AFC will consider moving into Aberdeenshire, seeing as it appears nigh on impossible to get a major project built in the City.

Yesterday was an appalling day for the City of Aberdeen.  Labour wankers.

According to planning regulations NO

Stadiums need to meet a certain standard when it comes to access roads and parking etc. Calder Park will be accessed from a shared road which will split the cost of upgrading the existing road and roudabouts between cove and Aberdeen. The several hundred parking spaces in the complex will also be used by the stadium.

Take out Calder Park and the stadium master-plan and the feasibility study can be called in to question

The planning application for the new stadium (which has been granted) makes no mention of requiring shared access or parking from any other development. Infact, AFC had agreed to fund a controlled parking zone around the area (30min walk "distance")to prevent fans parking outwith the stadium development site. There are two access roads into the site. The one from Wellington road and the one off the roundabout at the back of makro. The junction with Wellington road will obviously take some development however this is the opposite side of the stadium site to the Calder park proposal and is clearly not dependant on that proposal. The second access from the roundabout behind makro already exists up to the site boundary. It's currently blocked off with some large containers. The Calder Park proposal provides no further access in/out of the combined development sites.

Tbh I'm more pissed off that all the eggs were lumped into one basket in the first place. Seemingly no one wanted to move to Cove and I'd be amazed if anyone ever believed it would happen anyway.

It's hardly unexpected, and if anything it's good that now we might finally find out what Milne is willing/able to do in reality rather than fantasy land.

The debts, the lack of work on long-term maintenance/euro fitba compliance of pittodrie, and immediate dismissal of all other options is still down to the board, not the council. There's no good guys v wanks, just a load of buffoons on every side.

The debts, the lack of work on long-term maintenance/euro fitba compliance of pittodrie, and immediate dismissal of all other options is still down to the board, not the council. There's no good guys v wanks, just a load of buffoons on every side.

Agreed. We are already sitting on a few million quid of real-estate at Pittodrie. I refuse to believe that upgrading the existing Pittodrie is more expensive than acquiring brand new land and building a whole new stadium. With a bit of ingenuity and thinking, Pittodrie can be brought uptodate to UEFA standards piece-by-piece over the space of two or three seasons. Hell, I've long thought that creating a tunnel under an expanded Main Stand to allow for pittodrie street would work - would only really encroach on that carpark that we already own. We could even apply to CLOSE Pittodrie Street, forcing all cars that want to move that way to go down Pittodrie Place instead.

Road reconstructions and complete road closures happen for new Shopping Centres all the time. Why not a sports complex?