Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jamie Smith.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All jokes aside, what the fuck is the deal with this lad?

I can see there being up roar if he gets a new deal and we don't hear why he's still not back playing.

A statement from the club is well overdue imo.

I think we're as well just forgetting about him altogether. Good player on his day, is it worth paying a hefty weekly wage for him when he plays 50% (that's being very optimistic) of our games? I wouldn't have thought so.

JC has said that he informed Smith not to worry about getting a new contract, he will be offered something. I'd imagine he'd accept too, as I can't see many clubs wanting to take a gamble on him.

Are you demanding answers,taking names and righting wrongs?

Why would the club want to make an announcement about Jamie being still unfit. It would be counter productive and put more pressure on him to rush things. It is also unprecedented.

Leave him alone to get up to speed and then we'll see the best of him.

It really is a tough one. Fit he is such an asset, better than most in the league and simply capable of things no-one else in the team could dream of. Sadly this hasn't been often or long enough for it to be straightforward enough to hand even what he was earning. JC will make the call and I trust him to make the right one.

It really is a tough one. Fit he is such an asset, better than most in the league and simply capable of things no-one else in the team could dream of. Sadly this hasn't been often or long enough for it to be straightforward enough to hand even what he was earning. JC will make the call and I trust him to make the right one.

When fit i'd love to see us play a team consisting of

Langfield

Foster/new rb  Diamond    Considine  Mulgrew

Kerr

Seve        McDonald

Smith                                      Aluko

Miller

Sadly i can't see this happening. :

Are you demanding answers,taking names and righting wrongs?

Why would the club want to make an announcement about Jamie being still unfit. It would be counter productive and put more pressure on him to rush things. It is also unprecedented.

Leave him alone to get up to speed and then we'll see the best of him.

I don't think it's unprecedented at all.

Lovell was given time off 'to get his head sorted' or words to that effect, Whelan was handed a well documented backseat to fix his troubles, Byrne who was injured as often as Smith was given all the time in the world to recover and we were regularly updated on his latest injury.

Do we even know what's wrong with Smith (this week)?

I'm not demanding answers, taking names or wanting wrongs righted.  I just think it'll be outrageous if he gets a new deal with little or no explaination as to what's going on behind the smoke and mirrors.

Is he even training or playing with the reserves?  ???

Lovell was given time off 'to get his head sorted' or words to that effect, Whelan was handed a well documented backseat to fix his troubles, Byrne who was injured as often as Smith was given all the time in the world to recover and we were regularly updated on his latest injury.

I'm not demanding answers, taking names or wanting wrongs righted.  I just think it'll be outrageous if he gets a new deal with little or no explaination as to what's going on behind the smoke and mirrors.

Is he even training or playing with the reserves?   ???

Was strange that he ws fit for the Alloa game apparently but they didn't want to risk him, even the Hamilton game. But then last night in the paper it said he misses due to 'injury'.

When fit i'd love to see us play a team consisting of

Langfield

Foster/new rb   Diamond    Considine   Mulgrew

Kerr

Seve        McDonald

Smith                                       Aluko

Miller

Sadly i can't see this happening. :

:thumbsup:

[quote author=??? link=topic=5879.msg84835#msg84835 date=1220446792]

I think this is the 11 that JC will start with if everyone's available to him.

Langfield

Foster - Diamond - Severin - Mulgrew

Smith - Kerr - McDonald - Aluko

Mackie - Miller

However, I'd quite like to see us play a 4-5-1, now that we've got two good wide players and a couple of good sitting players, just to see how we get on.

Langfield

Foster - Diamond - Considine - Mulgrew

Kerr - Seve

Smith - McDonald - Aluko

Miller

Only problem with this formation is that we're relying heavily on the 11 that are starting, as they're all ideal for the position they'd play in.  A 4-4-2 enables us to chop and change players with very little difference.

He really has slipped off the radar, I used to see him doing the school run every morning but he hasn't even done that for weeks now.  Maybe the injury flared up again on the steps down to the school.  ;)

Haste ye back Jamie, can't wait to see you in action for the dons again.  :(

Is he even training or playing with the reserves?   ???

It would be unprecedented for the club to give an out of the ordinary statement about his fitness. Why aren't you asking for a statement about Stuart Duff?

He's not fit or is being given extra time to build up his strength and every week the club tell us if he is or is not available for selection.

I'm not sure what a press statement saying "Aye, he's still fucked" would acheive.

Let's not get silly about this.  Duff's not a top earner, nor do we sorely miss him when a game is crying out for someone to inject a spot of magic to turn a game.

Aluko's shown what's possible with a little bit of cash and speculation in the transfer market.  With Smith's wages freed up then we could easily find someone a lot more reliable and from what I saw at the Hearts game, I'd say JVD could easily fill that gap as it is.

But I'm fully expecting Smith to walk into a new deal yet there'll be a shroud of mystery why as he hasn't kicked a ball since that 2nd goal against Copenhagen.

If someone can actually tell me what Smith's injury is, that would be a start.  Until then, I'll be out for 6 to 8 weeks with an inflamed frustrated gland.

Let's not get silly about this.  Duff's not a top earner, nor do we sorely miss him when a game is crying out for someone to inject a spot of magic to turn a game.

Aluko's shown what's possible with a little bit of cash and speculation in the transfer market.  With Smith's wages freed up then we could easily find someone a lot more reliable and from what I saw at the Hearts game, I'd say JVD could easily fill that gap as it is.

But I'm fully expecting Smith to walk into a new deal yet there'll be a shroud of mystery why as he hasn't kicked a ball since that 2nd goal against Copenhagen.

If someone can actually tell me what Smith's injury is, that would be a start.  Until then, I'll be out for 6 to 8 weeks with an inflamed frustrated gland.

Your cock perhaps  ;)