Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jamie Smith.

Surprised he started.

Real shame he didn't score.  There was an air of it being his final game when he was applauded off (injured  ::) ).

Aye. Seen him go down and that must be him away. Of the 14 games he has played this season and from what I have seen, tonights performance was the only one that I recall him playing like we know he can and really playing well.

Sad to see him go but enough is enough.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked like he was desperate to impress tonight, so much so he maybe wasn't quite fit enough to be playing.  Hence another bad looking hamstring injury.  I really wish he'd had more luck during his time here.

Smith’s hopes of new deal doomed

Published: 13/05/2009

JAMIE Smith’s latest injury blow looks to have finally wrecked his chances of winning a new contract with Aberdeen FC.

Smith’s season is over after he was forced to limp off during their 0-0 draw with Hearts at Pittodrie because of a recurrence of a hamstring injury.

The Aberdeen FC midfielder looked distraught as he was being helped from the pitch.

Smith had been challenged to prove he could overcome his long-term injury problems to win a new deal.

The 28-year-old managed just 10 starts during the campaign.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood admitted that will make it difficult for him to persuade the Dons directors to release the money to pay for a new contract. Calderwood said: “Jamie knows how much I think of him but you need your big players to be fit most of the time.

“Unfortunately, it looks as if Jamie is going to be out for the rest of the season, which is a shame. It’s a blow for us and for Jamie. “It’s hard to get your board on side if guys you are asking money for aren’t available.

“Football is a business and Jamie knows that.â€

According to the fitba gossip bit on bbc site:

Aberdeen midfielder Jamie Smith is poised to sign for Toronto. (The Sun)

So no real surprises there. He's a decent player on his game when fit, but we just can't afford to have a player injured so much.

So saying, I was gutted we ddin't offer scott booth a pay as you play offer when he came back. He was far and away our best/most creative player when fit. I don't really feel the same about jamie though- he has too little impact most of the time when he is playing these days.

It is a shame he never got over any of his injuries whilst here. Easily one of the most creative i've seen in a red shirt for sometime and appears to be a very genuine and professional player, which is a rarety these days. I wish him all the best, and if I get a job out there I hope to see him play!

Glad to hear it's Toronto who are looking to sign him. I would hate to see him line up against us in the SPL for Hibs or United or someone like that.

Sods law, whoever signs him will immediately figure out why he gets injured so often, come up with a crazy idea to fix it "like a raised insert on his boot" (who would've thought that was the solution to Boothy's issues) and he'll pop three goals past us cos we don't have a fuckin clue how to defend against him.