Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee vs dons

Another must win game if we’re serious about wanting to get in amongst the euro spots again at the end of the season. We’re two points behind them, with two games in hand, but given the frequency of games, we need to make them count. 

their form is a bit up and down but appear to be playing reasonably well, so it’s definitely not going to be a walk in the park (not sure any of our games have been this season). 

dons 2-1, miovski and Clarkson 

I’d say every game outside of hearts, Celtic, and rangers, should be three points. We have the players to do it and given we’ve been shit in the league all year and aren’t that far behind 3rd, our league competition is not quality. Home or away, 3 points are a must in games like this.

really hope to see 4 at the back, Mackenzie or Jensen at LB behind Hayes. As much as I don’t rate Morris positive things happened with him on the right second half yesterday, so him ahead of devlin.

I’m going for 3-2, we’re not strong defensively but I think we’ll score goals. Miovski 2 and Hayes.

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’d say every game outside of hearts, Celtic, and rangers, should be three points. We have the players to do it and given we’ve been shit in the league all year and aren’t that far behind 3rd, our league competition is not quality. Home or away, 3 points are a must in games like this.

really hope to see 4 at the back, Mackenzie or Jensen at LB behind Hayes. As much as I don’t rate Morris positive things happened with him on the right second half yesterday, so him ahead of devlin.

I’m going for 3-2, we’re not strong defensively but I think we’ll score goals. Miovski 2 and Hayes.

Morris 😲

A softening of your stance 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I'm not sure if away to Dundee is a good game for the four at the back. We were very exposed when we tried it against Livingston, and they're gash. Unless we're willing to try 4-2-3-1, which I don't think Robson will. It's definitely something to switch to in game though at least, and it was good to see us coping reasonably well with the in-game switching (twice) on Wednesday without having to change personnel (we did, but didn't have to). I'd probably stick with the same back three as Livingston with the option to shunt everyone over a position when necessary. Keep Duk away from any defensive duties for as long as possible.

I don't think it matters what you or I think though, or what is obvious to every human on earth. Robson will continue to play a sitting Clarkson with Shinnie and another ahead of him, further running our captain into the ground.

• Like 1

Quite fancy heading down but dont think Ill have time.Potentially good game on the cards,hope Robbo loosens the shackles again even if it means being a bit exposed at times,we have better firepower than Dee,why not risk scoring more.Always good to keep in the knack of creating chances.

Dees 2 - Dons 4. Duk x2,Miovski and Morris dancing thru their midfield before smashing a sliced cross into the top corner. COYR

Edited by Elgindon

Has to be a 4 at the back but with Rubi back from suspension expect Robson to keep the 3 with McDonald dropping out for Rubi. Hopefully McKenzie is fit and it wasn’t the BBC being full of shit and he can replace McGarry at wing back. Hopefully in Sokler and Miovski up front. I expect Dundee to provide a bigger challenge than a shite Livingston did however it’s Dens and we hardly ever lose there. 

In

Christmas present exchange then pub

away end

pub then train back to capital. 

2-1 Miovski and McGrath. 

The referee arrived at 12:30 and wasn't happy with the pitch. Dundee had been assuring everyone it was fine.

The fault lies entirely with Dundee - there's been no sudden or unexpected downpour today - so they should be punished for this. Feel for the fans who travelled.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

The referee arrived at 12:30 and wasn't happy with the pitch. Dundee had been assuring everyone it was fine.

The fault lies entirely with Dundee - there's been no sudden or unexpected downpour today - so they should be punished for this. Feel for the fans who travelled.

Fucking diddy club

Maybe the referee still has his Christmas shopping to do.

Not a good look that game is called off at 2pm and an hour later Dundee are training on it.

From the videos the pitch didn't look great, and I still think Dundee have been negligent not having the pitch covered this morning, but could they not have pushed kick-off back to 3:30 and cleared the pitch?

• Like 1

Sympathies to all those that travelled though, that must have been a real sickener.

In the grand scheme of things perhaps it's not the worst luck in the world. I'm pleased the squad is getting a wee break after such a hectic schedule 2bh.  Also this had banana skin written all over it and I'm also pleased it is now a 2024 problem.  Motherwell and Helen at home next then county away.  9 from 9 is highly achievable

Aye the more news that comes out, the more appears it was the referee who is at fault here, not Dundee.

We were told the referee was there at 12.30. It's now emerging he arrived between 1:40 and 1:50 and called the game off at 2pm. Serious questions to answer there.

I'n not sure we can even count it as a break for the players because they will have travelled down for it. Probably had to bus it back up then do a bit of running at Cormack Park. 

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

I'n not sure we can even count it as a break for the players because they will have travelled down for it. Probably had to bus it back up then do a bit of running at Cormack Park. 

I guess it's a break in terms of exerting themselves for 90 mins. But all the build up and training for the game would've happened as if we are playing. I'm not really qualified to say what the effect of that is. 

49 minutes ago, Panda said:

Aye the more news that comes out, the more appears it was the referee who is at fault here, not Dundee.

We were told the referee was there at 12.30. It's now emerging he arrived between 1:40 and 1:50 and called the game off at 2pm. Serious questions to answer there.

Why did Dundee not release the team at 13:45 as normal then? They obviously knew at that point, or had suspicions that the pitch would fail an inspection. The ref could have probably handled it better, but he was probably severely pissed off at turning up to an unplayable surface. It should just never get to that point. The ref's final inspection should be a fail safe, rather than something that is ever utilised.