Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tim’s vs dons

Our pressure isn’t really pressure, we allow Celtic time to control the ball and be very comfortable. When we get the ball it’s pressure, go backwards, then long ball and lose it. 
mcGinn is done, nothing but set pieces. Very disappointed. Expect him replaced by Henry and we’ll go more long ball.

Based on this Celtic will score again and cruise to victory. Celtic have time to put a foot on the ball, look up, and play a pass. We’re not challenging them to work to keep the ball. They move well and we allow them to keep the ball and cruise. Easy. Painful.

1 minute ago, LA-Don said:

Last few games and be seen haven’t seen anything from Hayes on the attacking side and we create very little on the left. Same today so far.

We've seen the ball wide to him quickly. The issue is that he has nobody to pass forward to.

He has to come back in to fergie or Campbell and the ball goes back to Andy or Joe most of the time.

It's all about the set up for me.

Another pathetic Aberdeen performance against a Celtic team which couldn’t score against Ross County.

We are just shit. We’ve been shit for most of my lifetime.

We should quit this corrupt league and play in the Highland League. No way can I bring any enthusiasm towards this dross. It’s not even remotely exciting, what used to be one of the biggest games in Scottish football is now a one sided heap of utter shit. 

Dave Cormack can either start addressing this several decade decline in our game or he can fuckoff. I’d rather the Dons quit playing football altogether than continue with this charade.

Mcginn and Hayes in their day were arguable two of the best wide players in the league. They are a shadow of their former selves, Kennedy and McLennan are mediocre players at best in this league. Can’t recall a dominating game from either. No wonder we create little. Kennedy, like main, was signed based on a couple of good games against us and isn’t our level in my opinion.

Another very quiet game from Ferguson, and mcccrory is wasted on the right.....even though he was central right in a 3??

16 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Another pathetic Aberdeen performance against a Celtic team which couldn’t score against Ross County.

We are just shit. We’ve been shit for most of my lifetime.

We should quit this corrupt league and play in the Highland League. No way can I bring any enthusiasm towards this dross. It’s not even remotely exciting, what used to be one of the biggest games in Scottish football is now a one sided heap of utter shit. 

Dave Cormack can either start addressing this several decade decline in our game or he can fuckoff. I’d rather the Dons quit playing football altogether than continue with this charade.

To be fair to cormack, this is a season where the focus is survival of the club. We cannot afford to pay off a manager during the season. I’ll judge him on this summer, lots to fix. Can we afford to change manager this summer? We have to in my eyes, interest is dying.

On the pitch I’d say Lewis, Ferguson, mccrory, and possibly an aging considine and a declining Hayes are our only starters. We have no forwards, no quality wide players or #10, Taylor is a decent back up and Hoban and hedges are away. Do we want mcinnes signing anyone??? Brutal when you think about it.

3 hours ago, LA-Don said:

To be fair to cormack, this is a season where the focus is survival of the club. We cannot afford to pay off a manager during the season. I’ll judge him on this summer, lots to fix. Can we afford to change manager this summer? We have to in my eyes, interest is dying.

On the pitch I’d say Lewis, Ferguson, mccrory, and possibly an aging considine and a declining Hayes are our only starters. We have no forwards, no quality wide players or #10, Taylor is a decent back up and Hoban and hedges are away. Do we want mcinnes signing anyone??? Brutal when you think about it.

That's the worrying thing - I actually think we're in a poor state for next season. Need to do a lot of rebuilding yet the income has been hit, which will likely be hit further if McInnes has to be paid off. 

We need defenders, creative players, strikers and in amongst that some fucking leaders.

That's why finishing third is so vital to get that group stage slot. Without it, we'll be in poor shape next season. And it could be a double whammy if a direct rival like Hibs actual land that windfall instead (obviously the Scottish Cup if it gets played good change things).

19 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

That Hibs result could prove extremely important today.

I hope.

Thats the annoying thing,...how limp our efforts have been(even allowing for injuries) in getting after Celtic initially and Hibs recently.And how average we look when at our best

Edited by Elgindon

4 hours ago, LA-Don said:

McCrorie

Hedges had another twelve months on his contract so not sure why you are saying he is away

40 minutes ago, BigAl said:

McCrorie

Hedges had another twelve months on his contract so not sure why you are saying he is away

You are correct, he has a year left. I thought he was done. While hedges has certainly looked up for it in recent months, a lot has been inspired by his connection with wright. He’s hit and miss too.

I will add, I’d you are correcting spelling can I suggest a period at the end of a sentence?

Edited by LA-Don

34 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

You are correct, he has a year left. I thought he was done. While hedges has certainly looked up for it in recent months, a lot has been inspired by his connection with wright. He’s hit and miss too.

I will add, I’d you are correcting spelling can I suggest a period at the end of a sentence?

?.

Only corrected your spelling as you repeatedly spelt it wrongly today.

Didn't mean to be either pedantic or a smart arse.

Oh and Hedges & Wright both start with capital letters