Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Ayrshire Huns

Kamberi looking decent, defence doing okay. In-between, not so great. Another great advert for summer fitba. Need to fill in the corner between the south and RDS. Good goal, excellent delivery. Thought Hornby was working hard before going off. Hendry not done much, but very good header.

Agreed, the result is all that matters but yet another game where the other team pass better.....with weaker players and lesser budget. And their form is as bad as ours. We can and should do better. As for the goal, I know we haven’t seen one in a while, but it’s a basic goal. Nothing special or fantastic about it. Absolutely terrible defending and (I haven’t seen a replay) but I think a free header from 6 yards right I front of goal. What else should we expect from a professional football who is a forward ? It’s a plain old goal, nothing special. But a goal!!!! 

anyway, hoping for a few more goals and an entertaining second half. I’d rather not be a negative cunt for the whole day.!

Id be surprised if Kamberi wanted to come back to Scotland long term so hopefully he is going to play out of his skin to make sure he keeps his place at St Gallen or gets a move to another swiss club.

He also really screwed up with his comments after moving to Sevco on loan and seems the abusive social media posts have already started

10 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

He also really screwed up with his comments after moving to Sevco on loan and seems the abusive social media posts have already started

I got the impression that was done as much to wind Lennon up as anything else. Think they had a falling out because Lennon is, undoubtedly, a total dick.

Played well today, the best Don by far. Good result. When you're short on confidence, you really don't want to be playing in those conditions with the ball being constantly punted deep into your half, but we weathered it fine. Good aggressive header for the goal, attacked it well, but otherwise Hendry was gash. Be interesting to see what Hornby's injury is, as we'll need him back. Good to see McLennan running forty yards and tripping over the ball again, it was one of the entertaining parts of the game.

Win is a win but that was a shite watch. Feel for Hornby as thought he was playing well before the injury. Hopefully not serious but he did not look happy going off. Hendry took goal well but ball from McGinn was excellent and Hendry couldn’t miss. 

2 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

thought maclennan was shite headless chicken with no real technique 

He did well defensively but when he's got time to think his brain seems ahead of his feet...bit like Scott Wright before this season.

Edited by dons8321

26 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I got the impression that was done as much to wind Lennon up as anything else. Think they had a falling out because Lennon is, undoubtedly, a total dick.

Played well today, the best Don by far. Good result. When you're short on confidence, you really don't want to be playing in those conditions with the ball being constantly punted deep into your half, but we weathered it fine. Good aggressive header for the goal, attacked it well, but otherwise Hendry was gash. Be interesting to see what Hornby's injury is, as we'll need him back. Good to see McLennan running forty yards and tripping over the ball again, it was one of the entertaining parts of the game.

Still a really stupid thing to do given it was only a loan and was still under contact to Hibs for 1.5years. But I don't think anyone has ever claimed footballers to be the sharpest tools in the shed.

Anyway top 6 assured so no more fear of relegation for another year.....yay

29 minutes ago, BigAl said:

My MOTM today

Willie Garner for his co-commentary.

Came across as knowledgable and not afraid to call it as he saw it, whether Red TV liked it or not

Will be happy to see him back on again soon

Yes, he was good.  Fraser Fyvie, in one of the earlier games this season, was also impressive.

58 minutes ago, BigAl said:

My MOTM today

Willie Garner for his co-commentary.

Came across as knowledgable and not afraid to call it as he saw it, whether Red TV liked it or not

Will be happy to see him back on again soon

I suppose it’s all about opinions.

Me and my loon were saying who is this havering weegie when we first switched it on.

Then they announced it was Willie Garner. Never heard of him, we Googled him and he’s 65 and apparently played for the Dons yonks ago. 

12 minutes ago, tup1 said:

I suppose it’s all about opinions.

Me and my loon were saying who is this havering weegie when we first switched it on.

Then they announced it was Willie Garner. Never heard of him, we Googled him and he’s 65 and apparently played for the Dons yonks ago. 

He's the centre-half who went on the piss before we played Dundee United at New Year and McNeill immediately dropped him for Alex McLeish.  He was also assistant to Fergie for a spell.

Edited by dons8321

Aye, I'd have garner on every week, he was excellent. Articulate, and explained his points. Talked about the stuff that you can't see on TV, which is great. Spoke like a coach. I was actually thinking of emailing the club to suggest they got him on more often, so good to hear others thought the same. Line him up for next manager too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

I haven't posted for ages!!

I'm fine yeh been a mad year, now have an addiction to jigsaws ?

Bit worried about the dons so good to get 3 points 

Hope you're good Al 

Have heard 2020 has been a mad year. Hope you’re well.

great to wake up to 3 points for the dons, can’t ask much more for a birthday present. Please let it be the start of better things!