Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes must go

So far we have had shouts for Goodwin & Robinson. Who is next Martindale ?

If this is the sum of my club's ambitions I think it might be time to call a halt to my almost sixty years of following 

God fucking help us, suppose i should be grateful Yogi got the Staggies gig.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigAl said:

So far we have had shouts for Goodwin & Robinson. Who is next Martindale ?

If this is the sum of my club's ambitions I think it might be time to call a halt to my almost sixty years of following 

God fucking help us, suppose i should be grateful Yogi got the Staggies gig.

I want someone from out with Scotland who doesn’t have the ingrained inferiority complex playing the arse cheeks. 
Someone who sets his teams out to win from the start, not “work their way in to a game”.

Just now, RedStarTorphins said:

I want someone from out with Scotland who doesn’t have the ingrained inferiority complex playing the arse cheeks. 
Someone who sets his teams out to win from the start, not “work their way in to a game”.

To be honest pretty much my thoughts as well. 

There actually isn't a single manager in Scotland at present I would want

9 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Agree.

Folk suggesting Robinson, Goodwin etc.

We’d be as well keeping McInnes & save £1m 

That last part has been what many of us have been saying for a while now. I'm probably still in that position (although I think Goodwin is a good manager). Replacing McInnes won't be easy, and I don't believe that we have the structure in place to move relatively seamlessly to the next guy. We might get the fifteen game bounce that a new manager brings, but we need a long term strategy, and I think we're nowhere near that. At present, I'd rather spend the McInnes pay off money on a scouting department.

19 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

That last part has been what many of us have been saying for a while now. I'm probably still in that position (although I think Goodwin is a good manager). Replacing McInnes won't be easy, and I don't believe that we have the structure in place to move relatively seamlessly to the next guy. We might get the fifteen game bounce that a new manager brings, but we need a long term strategy, and I think we're nowhere near that. At present, I'd rather spend the McInnes pay off money on a scouting department.

They might go for some Head of Recruitment/Director of Football who is 100% responsible for players coming in, & a younger Head Coach who has to deal with them. 

46 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

They might go for some Head of Recruitment/Director of Football who is 100% responsible for players coming in, & a younger Head Coach who has to deal with them. 

That's the way "proper" football clubs do it these days and if we don't follow suit then we'll just end up further behind.

To be fair to Cormack (and this could be one of those posts that look really daft when he goes and does the opposite) but he strikes me as the type of guy who would want an exciting name, something to give the fans a buzz. I don't think he's a "who's cheap and available" type of fella.

Curious for people’s input here. Most agree mcinnes needs to go, but what are the attributes you are all looking for in the replacement? There are a ton of ex pros, licensed coaches, and gone are the days of a hard nosed Ferguson or Jim McLean being successful. Over here in the states in the nba you’ve seen pundits of late go from player, pundit on tv, and on to coach......Steve Kerr for those who know bball the most successful having had no prior coaching experience. Curious to know if people would take a Michael Stewart with experienced coaches on his management team? I doubt it!

So, rather than just suggest names, what are the attributes we think we need? A young inexperienced coach just sacked from st mirren would never have been predicted to become our most successful manager, but was he any more successful full in coaching than Jim Goodwin to date?

I want experience but still young enough, clear demonstration of some success in his managerial career, and experience and knowledge in Scottish football. Travelled a bit so has contacts. Plus signs that he can attract solid signings. I’d still take Jack Ross in a heartbeat.

Edited by LA-Don

10 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

the magic potion is rangers .. gerrard how couldnt coach a bag of potatoes but players will walk over glass for him .. enabled by a very good coach in beale

I assume you mean man management with a quality coaching staff? I kinda referenced that with a Michael Stewart type, but obviously I’ve no clue if Stewart is indeed that type. I’d also argue that mcinnes takes this to the extreme and I speculate that he’s too friendly and the players don’t fear him enough. It takes a unique type to motivate and get the best out of this current generation.

I'll add my tuppence worth, it's a Forum after all. 

I write this on Twitter frequently, so if any of you are on there, you'll have most likely seen it. 

If McInnes were to be removed, which I hope he's not, by the way, it should be mutual, like Robinson did at Motherwell, and to be honest, I am getting a bit fed up with the whole " He deserves more time " pish, we're regressing and have been for 3 Seasons now, he's in his 8th Season for fuck sake ?‍♂️ he's had ample time & he's paid very handsomely. But having said that, he still deserves some respect for what he brought in the first 5 Seasons. Although arguably, he's hardly over achieved or that, has he? One League Cup & a couple of Runner Up spots when the League was far weaker. Also, don't forget he has had his Playing Squad wage budget increased for a few Seasons in a row now, and there's still no improvement in sight. 

Anyway, back on subject, if he were to be removed, and some will scoff at this, but I really could not care less, I'd be doing everything I could to get Duncan Ferguson. Heart on his sleeve, infectious, passionate and would absolutely demand the very basics get done with 100% effort and commitment, people would want to play for him, has a positive mindset and worked with all these Youth Players at Everton that now feature in their 11, all who have raved about him as a Coach ( Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, Kenny, Holgate etc.. ) some of them came from other youth academies, but worked with Ferguson before breaking into Everton's 1st Team. Plus he was a basket case, even though it would appear he's settled a bit, he'd certainly not take any pish from anyone in the opposite dugout etc... I am a strong believer in mentality, he has the right Mentality. If he could be persuaded, I'd be over the moon, I think we'd get a lift and he'd always be looking at the Youth setup as well. I don't think he'd kowtow to Rangers or Celtic either, he'd probably demand we approached those types of games with the same attitude and desire as we would against a Hamilton or St Mirren etc... 

That's my tuppence worth, I have said for 2 years now change is needed and it would be better for McInnes to mutually agree to it before shit turns sour, and unfortunately it looks like it might be heading that way. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I’d take Ferguson, would certainly be interesting. With an experienced assistant. Doubt we’d be affording him though.

If McInnes' salary is to be believed, then I think it's entirely possible. In terms of cost to Everton, he's part of their Academy there, and Coaching staff, wouldn't even like to take a guess at what sort of Money you'd be looking at.