Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Predator movie, fucking sucks and that's being generous. Genuinely a cross between a comedy & really poorly executed B movie. First time I've ever felt robbed leaving a Cinema ( in the film sense, not the cost of the Cinema )

I'd be very surprised if anyone else sees this and has a different opinion. Honestly, it's enormously horrific.

• 4 weeks later...

New Halloween movie, as a massive fan of the majority of the Halloween movies, I am perhaps being biased in giving it a 6-7 out of 10. They got a lot right, but also left a lot to be desired. More gory than we're used too, that's for certain, but not even remotely scary and some of the acting was poor. Worth a watch though for definite.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Thought it was brilliant. Whilst I've only ever been a casual admirer of the Queen stuff over the years I absolutely recognise the brilliance of Freddie Mercury and the miss that he is having died some 27 years ago. Rami Malek who played Mercury was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,echo what Tyrant says about Bohemian Rhapsody.We go to the Vue for films because its usually half empty,but Ive never seen it so busy(with fellow silvering haired rockers mostly)

Malek might not be the most visually similar to Freddie,but he plays the part very well.The other guys were very good too.Great film.

Wasnt a huge Queen fan at the time,but I dont think many bands will repeat their level of song quality,or showmanship.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and youngest daughter just watched Bruno. Can't believe I hadn't got round to it before. Best literal laffin out loud film ever, or at least since I was 12 when I seen Monty Python in the cinema. Sacha B C is a total genius.

Aye, I think he's hilarious. I liked Bruno, but preferred Borat, if you've not seen that, it's worth a watch.

Aye, I think he's hilarious. I liked Bruno, but preferred Borat, if you've not seen that, it's worth a watch.

I was the same, thought Borat was the funnier of the two.

Watched Blackkklansman last night.  Brilliant film, although thoroughly depressing that fuck all has changed in the US (really), which I know is the point of the film. Still, definitely worth a watch.

I loved Bohemian Rhapsody

A Star is Born not so much tho Gaga was great

Nae Pasaran is my favourite film of the year so far - catch it if you can - true story of scottish workers who refused to repair the engines from the Chilean air force after Pinochet's coup - it really is a cracking wee film and true testimony to solidarity  :thumbsup:

Watched this last night. Superb film. A lot I wasn't aware of

Like if you're sexually attracted to someone you don't know you can just grab their arse, be genuinely shocked that they didn't appreciate it but then 30 seconds later live happily ever after?

Nae sure it quite tells the whole story but what movie adaptation does? Still found it a thoroughly enjoyable movie and thought it was superbly acted by all involved.

• 1 month later...

If Beale street could talk. Was OK could have been much more, in the end a little disappointing.

Green Book. Fucking fantastic. Funny, challenging (if a little easy, ) heart warming, great actors bouncing off each other, best film I’ve seen in a good while well worth it. Go and see it.