Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

• 2 weeks later...

Was at a loose end at work recently so watched Mr.Nice, the story of Howard Marks. Was pretty good. Excellent part played by Rhys Iffans.

Having read the book (absolutely excellent read btw) i've been meaning to watch that for ages.

Watch Kajaki yesterday, which was about a group of British soldiers who got stuck in a mindful near Kajaki dam. Enjoyed it, was produced by a company that works in the same building as me.  It's on iPlayer at the moment, as is Nightcrawler which is also excellent.

Gifted - Cracking little film, brought a tear to my eye.

Only just seen T2.... watched it twice but still haven't made up my mind.  "Choose life, verrrrronica"  :thumbsup:

Watched Logan a while back - Excellent

Kong Island - Shite

Watched the Hatton Garden Job tonight, enjoyed it.  Nice, light hearted and I still maintain i'm gutted they didn't get away with it.  Funny seeing the area I work in being central to a film as well as some of the areas I used to live in.

Slowly making up my mind on T2.  Watched it 3 times since my original post and definitely growing in to it.  A few things bother me though:

There is way too much reminiscing to the original.  It was a classic and it was a long time ago but it's well over done.  Is it a new film or a sequel/anniversary/best of all rolled in to one?

I find the relentless nods to hibs a bit sickening (yes, we get it after the first one but come on huh?)

Which leads me to my main point.  With all the hibs stuff (flags and strips everywhere, graffiti on walls etc) I presumed that the scene after renton and sickboy have looted the lodge where they are having a coke fuelled table football binge and then end up sliding on their knees celebrating was filmed at Easter Road.

I read that it is actually filmed at Tynecastle which I thought would be a big no no, no matter what filming constraints were in place.

Now just watching the film again I can't make up my mind which stadium it is.  It looks like Easter Road to me but then, when the shot pans right out, the flood light pylons and overhead, white gantrys make me think it is Tynecastle.

Can anyone confirm?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kiwi film called Pork Pie.  Nice enough film with some very funny moments.  It's a remake and according to kiwi reviews is a rarity, as it's actually better than the original.

Sad consequence of it though, one of the lead actors got done for drink driving not long after filming it.

Kiwi film called Pork Pie.  Nice enough film with some very funny moments.  It's a remake and according to kiwi reviews is a rarity, as it's actually better than the original.

Sad consequence of it though, one of the lead actors got done for drink driving not long after filming it.

3 guys in a yellow mini by any chance?

Be interested to see how they deal with sneaking off the North Island given the 'Boat train' stopped a long while ago

3 guys in a yellow mini by any chance?

Be interested to see how they deal with sneaking off the North Island given the 'Boat train' stopped a long while ago

Ha ha yep, thats the one.  Oddly enough, they used the "boat train"...although it was cargo, not passenger.

I saw a lovely wee film tonight - My Life as a Courgette  :thumbsup:

Also 4 fab ones last week at Edinburgh's fantastic international film festival - for you guys who like your 90s music check out a romcom called Modern Life is Rubbish when it's on general release