Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

6 hours ago, HaarDon said:

The original West Side Story is very dated and cheesy but the music from it is brilliant and very emotive.

Bernstein was a genius!

Would like to see the new one.

Defo watch it - I had forgotten how many great songs there are, also the dancing is fab 😋

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

I've seen Sing 2 and Belfast this week - both really good 

Started watching Sing2 with my grand daughter but had to give up after about 25 minutes or so.

I saw the first one and really enjoyed it, but thought that this one was a very poor follow up. 

I didn't influence her view and her opinion was that it was ok.

Looking forward to watching Belfast very soon as funnily enough just checked the other night to see if it was on my firestick and pleased to see it is.

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Started watching Sing2 with my grand daughter but had to give up after about 25 minutes or so.

I saw the first one and really enjoyed it, but thought that this one was a very poor follow up. 

I didn't influence her view and her opinion was that it was ok.

Looking forward to watching Belfast very soon as funnily enough just checked the other night to see if it was on my firestick and pleased to see it is.

Sing 2 is defo not as good as the first one - I went with my 25 year old daughter to see it 😋

You'll enjoy Belfast - it's quite funny nothing much happens but easy watching 

12 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Went to see 'Licorice Pizza' last weekend.

Peaked my interest as it had less chance of NEDS showing up to see it plus its same director as 'Punch Drunk Love' 

Thought it was very good. Great soundtrack too

I've never even heard of that Film. I see it's got a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  

• 6 months later...

Watched Belfast tonight. Cheesier than I thought it’d be and maybe less of the troubles than I thought too. Decent enough watch but was glad it was on a streaming app. Not sure id have paid for it in the cinema. Being in b/w was a nice touch though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Out of the Oscar films this year what did folk think of Everythng Everywhere all at Once?

Not really for me tbh, I saw Tar, The Fablemans, Aftersun, Women Talking, Close and still to watch The Whale and All Quiet on the Western Front 

Working from home and the Filmhouse closing has curtailed my cinema going a little 

Started watching Elvis on Sky Premier the other night, the missus and myself both gave up on it after 50 minutes.

Thought it was truly awful

Watched "Where The Crawdads Sing" as it was billed as a crime thriller. Having watched it I'm not really sure I'd agree with the description, more of a mystery romance, but have to say I did really enjoy it and it obviously appealed to the sentimental side of my nature.

Daisy Edgar-Jones was outstanding in the lead role as Kya 

• 3 months later...